Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:27:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sadlier  (Read 21506 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Sadlier
« Reply #60 on January 11, 2020, 02:51:34 pm by scawsby steve »
I cannot get my head around some of our fans and forum users.

Top goal scorer, most assists, relatively young... he’s one of the better players in the division.

The people slating him now and saying he’s average are probably the same ones who said we wouldn’t miss Marquis.

Yes, quite.

It’s very clear that you are unable to comprehend that people might hold a contrary view.  It seems you are perfectly able to make huge judgements without any evidence though.

You've just had the evidence from BST.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 11, 2020, 04:42:11 pm by BradwellRover »
Re: ending attacks, I just don’t see that. In fact quite the opposite. And I don’t just mean subjectively, but if you look at the stats the evidence is clear. More goals than any other player, more assists (alongside Coppinger) than any other player. And just taking the other night’s game as an example, I think pretty much every chance we created came through him. All attacking players will lose the ball on occasion by taking risks (it happened to Coppinger multiple times the other night) but if we’re talking efficiency and productivity in the final third the we’ve nobody else even close to Sadlier. So I just don’t get the argument of attacks breaking down with him at all.

Hypothetically speaking, if today we were linked with an attacking player that’s 25 years old and topping the goalscoring and assists chart for his club in this division then everyone would be getting hugely excited on here! Let’s focus on keeping hold of our own so we don’t have to shell out the kind of fee it would cost to replace that contribution.

Those stats aren’t necessarily reflective of how efficient he is or how many attacks end with him. It simply means he takes some of them.   

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on January 11, 2020, 04:50:03 pm by BradwellRover »
I cannot get my head around some of our fans and forum users.

Top goal scorer, most assists, relatively young... he’s one of the better players in the division.

The people slating him now and saying he’s average are probably the same ones who said we wouldn’t miss Marquis.

Yes, quite.

It’s very clear that you are unable to comprehend that people might hold a contrary view.  It seems you are perfectly able to make huge judgements without any evidence though.

You've just had the evidence from BST.

My point was that he has made an assumption that I said things about Marquis without any evidence or knowledge about me.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 05:00:12 pm by BradwellRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 11, 2020, 05:08:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Re: ending attacks, I just don’t see that. In fact quite the opposite. And I don’t just mean subjectively, but if you look at the stats the evidence is clear. More goals than any other player, more assists (alongside Coppinger) than any other player. And just taking the other night’s game as an example, I think pretty much every chance we created came through him. All attacking players will lose the ball on occasion by taking risks (it happened to Coppinger multiple times the other night) but if we’re talking efficiency and productivity in the final third the we’ve nobody else even close to Sadlier. So I just don’t get the argument of attacks breaking down with him at all.

Hypothetically speaking, if today we were linked with an attacking player that’s 25 years old and topping the goalscoring and assists chart for his club in this division then everyone would be getting hugely excited on here! Let’s focus on keeping hold of our own so we don’t have to shell out the kind of fee it would cost to replace that contribution.

Those stats aren’t necessarily reflective of how efficient he is or how many attacks end with him. It simply means he takes some of them.   

So. As I asked. Just what do you want from a player at Tier 3 level?

Goals, assists AND faultless decision making?

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 11, 2020, 05:13:24 pm by BradwellRover »
Let’s see where we are at the end of the season.

But I’m sure you’ll be right...PEOPLE WHO USE CAPITALS ALWAYS ARE!!!

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 11, 2020, 05:17:12 pm by BradwellRover »
Headline output stats are not indicative of efficiency, the two are very different. My point is all about the former.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on January 11, 2020, 05:20:33 pm by IDM »
We won today, and Sadlier was in the team..

You don't rate him, but most of us do.

There’s nothing else to add at the moment is there.?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 11, 2020, 05:24:49 pm by Jonathan »
Headline output stats are not indicative of efficiency, the two are very different. My point is all about the former.

I don’t really want to get dragged into semantics here, but after you said you think he doesn’t put enough work in (I completely disagree on that by the way) but then admitted he’s been our most productive player (which he has) then surely by its very definition that makes him particularly efficient!

Anyhow the argument is pointless. For me he’s one of the best players at the club, and if we can get him tied down on a new contract then we have the nucleus of a very good team that we’re building. New contracts for our defensive rock, captain and top scorer would represent a positive statement of intent from the club in anyone’s book, surely.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 11, 2020, 05:48:08 pm by Metalmicky »
Want Sads nailed into a extension as soon as possible. IMO he could be anything.... big future I think

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 11, 2020, 06:02:25 pm by BradwellRover »

I don’t really want to get dragged into semantics here, but after you said you think he doesn’t put enough work in (I completely disagree on that by the way) but then admitted he’s been our most productive player (which he has) then surely by its very definition that makes him particularly efficient!

Anyhow the argument is pointless. For me he’s one of the best players at the club, and if we can get him tied down on a new contract then we have the nucleus of a very good team that we’re building. New contracts for our defensive rock, captain and top scorer would represent a positive statement of intent from the club in anyone’s book, surely.

I don’t want to get dragged in to semantics either, but you are conflating two separate points.

I believe that he ducks tackles and doesn’t work hard enough, and that he’s inefficient/not productive enough. I do not disagree that his headline stats are good.

To clarify my point, if you have a salesman that you give 100 leads to and he converts 9, is that more productive/efficient than a salesman who converts 8 of 10 leads that you give to him?

That’s why Andy Cole never played for England more.

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 11, 2020, 06:03:12 pm by BradwellRover »

By the way, it’s a conversation rather than an argument.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 11, 2020, 06:20:22 pm by Canadian Rover »

I don’t want to get dragged in to semantics either, but you are conflating two separate points.

I believe that he ducks tackles and doesn’t work hard enough, and that he’s inefficient/not productive enough. I do not disagree that his headline stats are good.

To clarify my point, if you have a salesman that you give 100 leads to and he converts 9, is that more productive/efficient than a salesman who converts 8 of 10 leads that you give to him?

Yes in terms of football as the sales would be the equivalent to goals and they win games. And really...many of those "leads/chances" are self generated.

He puts himself on the line body wise...did you see the punch to the face he took from a GK recently...looked fairly concussed and still scored 2 a few days later.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 11, 2020, 06:21:25 pm by drfchound »
I can’t argue about the fact that Sads does duck tackles.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on January 11, 2020, 08:24:09 pm by idler »
I feel that he can really develop and have a good future in the game. My only nagging doubt is his self-belief and does he want it enough.
He gives 100% there's potentially a good player in there.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 11, 2020, 08:45:25 pm by drfchound »
I feel that he can really develop and have a good future in the game. My only nagging doubt is his self-belief and does he want it enough.

I agree idler, he could become very good indeed.
There is “something” missing though.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on January 11, 2020, 08:48:04 pm by idler »
That is my worry hound.
If he finds it then he can really kick on. Maybe he needs to speak to Copps.

WarwickRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 11, 2020, 08:49:25 pm by WarwickRover »
He has improved since joining the club and would be even better if he worked harder, tracked back, tackled. However, he maybe  looking towards some time on the bench if we get a loan striker as Ennis will move to left side wide with Taylor on the right. Let him go for a fee if he does not want to sign a new contract.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on January 11, 2020, 08:49:45 pm by Reesielad »

Has he ever has a bad injury?

The reason I ask is he definitely pulls out of challenges that he could win. Almost like a player who has had a bad experience at one point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on January 11, 2020, 09:30:50 pm by NewDonny »

According to you that is of course lol!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on January 11, 2020, 09:34:07 pm by drfchound »

New Donny, you really do need to chill out whenever someone says something you don’t like about your man.
We are quick to praise him for the good games and good things.
Like all players, he doesn’t have a blinder every week.
You say “according to you” in response to my point but according to you he does NO wrong at all and that can’t be right.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 11, 2020, 09:36:01 pm by 5 on Tour »
We won. Can’t we all just get along?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on January 11, 2020, 09:40:52 pm by drfchound »
I don’t think anyone is falling out here, just grown ups exchanging opinions.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on January 11, 2020, 09:52:47 pm by NewDonny »

New Donny, you really do need to chill out whenever someone says something you don’t like about your man.
You say “according to you” in response to my point but according to you he does NO wrong at all and that can’t be right.

I'm actually winding you up hound, just the same as you've been chipping away at me these last couple of weeks, but I don't mind that, relax lol

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on January 11, 2020, 09:54:52 pm by drfchound »

I'm actually winding you up hound, just the same as you chipped away at me these last couple of weeks, I don't mind that, relax lol

Ok fair enough.
I have actually supported quite a few of your posts over the last few weeks, either with likes or posts.
👍🤭

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on January 11, 2020, 09:56:57 pm by idler »

A 10% improvement could make all the difference. I do think that he is a good player but his body language and effort at times could just do with tweaking.
Look at the careers of Paul Green and Ricky Ravenhill to show what effort and commitment can do allied with a measure of skill.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on January 11, 2020, 09:59:43 pm by NewDonny »

I'm actually winding you up hound, just the same as you chipped away at me these last couple of weeks, I don't mind that, relax lol

Ok fair enough.
I have actually supported quite a few of your posts over the last few weeks, either with likes or posts.
👍🤭
And I yours as well hound, your support has not gone unnoticed I assure you.👍

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on January 11, 2020, 10:02:06 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Interesting debate this and he is an interesting player. I think hes a good player at this level, far from the level above yes, but good at this level and we would be weaker if we lost him.

I also dont blame him for thinking of s move. He has a short career and will want to do the best he can for himself, if I was him i would be waiting a while.before agreeing a new contract.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 11, 2020, 10:34:56 pm by Alan Southstand »
He needs to give some serious thoughts to the possibility of sitting on the bench an awful lot, if he’s contemplating a Championship Club. Even JM has spent more time on Pompey’s bench than on the field and look what he achieved with us.

The grass, as they say, is not always greener!

If our upwardly mobile form continues, he could be going up with his teammates, anyway.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on January 11, 2020, 10:50:50 pm by NewDonny »
He needs to give some serious thoughts to the possibility of sitting on the bench an awful lot, if he’s contemplating a Championship Club. Even JM has spent more time on Pompey’s bench than on the field and look what he achieved with us.

The grass, as they say, is not always greener!

If our upwardly mobile form continues, he could be going up with his teammates, anyway.

No idea why he should think that, he and others have a better understanding of his capabilities than you I suspect, if indeed that is what he is considering anyway and comparing him to Marquis sort of sums up your points if I am honest, they are two very, very different players that should never be compared.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on January 11, 2020, 11:33:27 pm by Alan Southstand »
I’m not comparing them as players, but the situation.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012