Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:37:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers faces allways at games over the years.  (Read 24957 times)

andysly

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers faces allways at games over the years.
« Reply #120 on February 15, 2017, 09:55:35 pm by andysly »
Fat Dan started the Retford branch up with me in 1981, in the days i was a shy young man  lol, he was at Carlisle  with me last night with his son Max, they sit just on back  row near press box in west stand, used to live in Misterton, but moved to Lincoln a few years ago, was my best man all those years ago.......

Fat Dan always got serenaded on the bus to the tune of "he's a Japanese boy"

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on February 15, 2017, 10:01:35 pm by Iberian Red »
Dave Barsby is one I see a lot at away games he use to breed dogs I bought a golden retriever of him 8 year back for £550, I now see him a little bit worst for ware at the away games think he likes a drink

What a horrible thought!
I'm imagining some poor Golden Retriever tied around a kitchen table!

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on February 15, 2017, 10:01:44 pm by andysly »
And how many double denim lads are there ?
Cos none of the ones mentioned sound like Pikey off retford bus

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on February 15, 2017, 10:10:21 pm by Iberian Red »
Quote from: DN3 Rover link=topic=261074.msg681105#msg681105 I now see him a little bit worst for ware at the away games think he likes a drink
[/quote

That's naughty

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on February 15, 2017, 11:25:13 pm by Albert Trousers »
What happened to Puppy? Appeared from nowhere had some massive fall outs with Rigo on here & disappeared.
Does that fella who had the red & white hopped car still go?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on February 15, 2017, 11:29:53 pm by the vicar »
What happened to Puppy? Appeared from nowhere had some massive fall outs with Rigo on here & disappeared.
Puppy got a life ban for attacking a family on a train after a match when pissed

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on February 16, 2017, 01:39:22 am by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Is this bloke really tall and has suedehead grade two all over cut? See him at lots of away games. Probably in his 40s?

Ha, Griff' ll be happy with that! He's a wee bit past his 40's. Legend of a man though, part of my drinking squad!
Good to see Barsby getting a mention earlier as well!

The aforementioned Griff.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on February 16, 2017, 07:11:20 am by Herbert Anchovy »
I had a chat with my Uncle about this thread last night. He lives in South Wales now but in the 60's & early 70's he was a regular at Belle Vue. Some of the names he remembered from those days were John Harvey, Mick Dodds, Winston (he told me a cracking tale involving Winston and an away game at Darlington in the 60's that's probably for another thread), Cyril who drank in the Beechers in Cantley and was apparently hard as nails, my own personal favourite Mungo Terry (yes really) and a young fella in the late 60's who they christened Hong Kong Bob. At every single match he would tell anyone who listened that he was moving to Hong Kong. Everyone thought he was talking b*llocks as he clearly wasn't quite a full shilling but sure enough, after attending virtually every Rovers home game over a couple of seasons he abruptly, and completely, disappeared off the radar

DN3 Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on February 16, 2017, 08:19:48 am by DN3 Rover »
That's him the sideburns kid

DN3 Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on February 16, 2017, 08:23:08 am by DN3 Rover »
Ricky Hatley the bloke who wears the Jamaican raster hat who follows Sheffield United but goes Rovers away games when he cant make it to United games, he goes with big ginner and the lad called Percy the Penguin who works on trains at Donny station, I've not seen Ricky for a while

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on February 16, 2017, 10:25:00 am by Yargo »
Ricky Hartley the bloke who wears the Jamaican raster hat who follows Sheffield United  I've not seen Ricky for a while
Always in town,and supports Wednesday anyway

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on February 16, 2017, 10:46:44 am by Chris Black come back »
Few other characters, some not seen for while.

Bloke we call 'Der Kaiser' as he thinks he is tactical genius. Always shouting at players by names no other folk has ever called them, like he is their mate. Think it was him who his meathead son punched him at any away game once. Orient I think.

Ancient old bloke used to stand on Pop Side with walking stick. Known to one and all as 'Parkaman'.

Jack the lad youth with broken front tooth. Always at away games in the middle of the action.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on February 16, 2017, 10:59:49 am by vaya »
Few other characters, some not seen for while.

Bloke we call 'Der Kaiser' as he thinks he is tactical genius. Always shouting at players by names no other folk has ever called them, like he is their mate. Think it was him who his meathead son punched him at any away game once. Orient I think.

Ancient old bloke used to stand on Pop Side with walking stick. Known to one and all as 'Parkaman'.

Jack the lad youth with broken front tooth. Always at away games in the middle of the action.

If it's the same bloke who used to stand around halfway on the Popside, then I'm pretty sure I saw Parkaman depart the Keepmoat earlier this season on a mobility scooter (*insert geriatric Mod reference here*)

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on February 16, 2017, 11:50:10 am by DubaiRover »
Ricky Hartley the bloke who wears the Jamaican raster hat who follows Sheffield United  I've not seen Ricky for a while
Always in town,and supports Wednesday anyway
DN3 has obviously never had the pleasure of buying him a half otherwise he would of had a chorus of nah nah nah of Ricky.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on February 16, 2017, 12:02:13 pm by not on facebook »
Rick Hartley was a Sheffield weds fan but turned up at donny games many a time.
Recall when we played York away during the miners strike back in the 1980s on a Sunday day.must have been about 60 donny lads who went on the last train to York on the Saturday night ,then we all broke into the ground after climbing over the gates at silly o'clock in the morning.
We was all fcuking about on the pitch scoring ghost goals as we had no ball in the pitch black .then after about 10 mins a light went on in the York main stand ,the fight and frenzy to climb back out of the ground was a classic.
We all trooped off back to train station where rick Hartley had turned up with mud all over his shoes as he had walked it from donny taking short cuts thro field after field.
We all slept on yoke station that night all over the place.

Percy was from cantley now lived just outside town and he got a banning order about 20 years ago and never really went back into the ground,but I think he was sat in the pub with many others for recent grimsby town game.

Ginger ,he used to go on my coaches all the time and was a big rovers fan and just like Percy he got banned and never went back into the ground .no idea what he is upto today.

Rick Hartley  ginner and another donny lad who's name slips me we all seen together waking thou town by clock corner heading for train station at 09:30 on the Saturday morning of the first Doncaster v Leeds early kick off at KMS shouting ' WE ALL FCUKING HATE LEEDS'
and they all was as pissed as newts .

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on February 16, 2017, 12:10:35 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
Puppy got a life ban for attacking a family on a train after a match when pissed

Carlisle away, he's probably on the last years of being on the register. Ran down a train naked after shitting in a tissue, and supposedly smearing it somewhere too. He's not been spotted in years though, would have deffo been the favourite for the Leyton Orient toilet saga.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on February 16, 2017, 12:14:35 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »

Top bloke pikey, think the name came from him wearing a Pickering Town hat, and not what Rotherham and Barnsley fans see us as.

There's another double denim bloke, wears a flat cap always turned backwards, seen him numerous times over the years.

There's an older bloke who I always see who wears specs, wears a bomber jacket and jeans with massive turn ups too.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on February 16, 2017, 12:15:23 pm by not on facebook »
Christ how drunk can one get

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on February 16, 2017, 12:18:20 pm by silent majority »

I used to see him at England away games, managed to sort some tickets out for him now and again. He's not been seen there either.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on February 16, 2017, 12:22:35 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »

I used to see him at England away games, managed to sort some tickets out for him now and again. He's not been seen there either.

Think he got into some bother in Donny, last I heard he was supposedly running a pub in Lincoln.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on February 16, 2017, 08:58:38 pm by Albert Trousers »
Ginner was at the Morecambe game, or at least near the ticket office when I walked past.
Cracking lad but had a few issues recently, some of them all to public via facebook videos.
I believe the toilet gate perpetrator has already been mentioned on this thread.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on February 16, 2017, 09:31:30 pm by BobG »
Lol! You're not having a good day are you DN3?!

Cheers

BobG

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on February 16, 2017, 10:07:37 pm by Muttley »
Dave Barsby is one I see a lot at away games he use to breed dogs I bought a golden retriever of him 8 year back for £550, I now see him a little bit worst for ware at the away games think he likes a drink

Not sure about him breeding golden retrievers, but he's definitely f**ked a few dogs in his time!

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on February 16, 2017, 10:24:39 pm by Draytonian III »

Top bloke pikey, think the name came from him wearing a Pickering Town hat, and not what Rotherham and Barnsley fans see us as.

There's another double denim bloke, wears a flat cap always turned backwards, seen him numerous times over the years.

There's an older bloke who I always see who wears specs, wears a bomber jacket and jeans with massive turn ups too.

I don't think it has anything to do with him wearing a Pickering Town hat .

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on February 16, 2017, 10:58:11 pm by the vicar »
I remember going to the Torquay game away first game after going up as champions we took about 2000, the beach was full of singing Rovers fans, most made there way to a pub up a long back street  that went up the back of Woolworth some pinched a load of boxes of bananas from the said shop and the police followed the trail of banana skins leading to where the rovers fans where, the lads that took them was Archie Swayo  Roge Cotton Winstan and all them i was one of them but i was there a bit later, the police came and wanted to know who took them some one said they was in the toilets, but by the time the filth had gone in they had all got out of the window LOL, so they came back out and seid we will say who took them and they grabbed 5 fans and arrested them i was one of them, they took us to the sells over 2 nights then to court on the Monday we all got fined £50 and had to hitch our way home     

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on February 16, 2017, 11:15:23 pm by nice one rovers »
A guy I always see at away games is the bloke with the long sideburns (down to bottom of his neck) glasses, he sometimes wears the double denim combination (jacket & jeans) and at London games he wears a 'Cole Not Dole' pin badge, I guess he was once a proud cole miner,  there's usually a few others with him.
Aye , he's a proper mod/ scooter boy. Those mutton chops are a right statement! I always notice him too.

Maybe not same guy but other bloke I have been seeing for years and years and thinks still goes is double denim bloke who I think was former main stander. Wears a flat cap back to front and always has big hooped gold earring. Beard as well I think. Quite short. Been wearing same get up since 90s at least. Proper long-standing supporter.

I've seen that fella many a time over the years too. He's picked a style he likes and stuck with it!

Likes to pair up his denim with thick padded plaid check shirt. Reckon I have seen him for three decades now with same gear!

Aye, the check shirt , flat cap backwards guy I'd love to know who this guy is, looks hard as nails.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on February 16, 2017, 11:26:46 pm by idler »
He lives in or near Wakey and comes with family.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on February 16, 2017, 11:33:42 pm by Copps is Magic »
Does anyone know the name of the guy who goes to games now, must be about 60/70, he has slick black hair - kind of molded on his head with brylcreem (set fast) - in a John Travolta grease lightning type of way, constantly has his tan on max, and wears a kind of a sheep-skin coat and is generally dressed like somekind of 1950s teddy?

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on February 16, 2017, 11:43:54 pm by Iberian Red »
Does anyone know the name of the guy who goes to games now, must be about 60/70, he has slick black hair - kind of molded on his head with brylcreem (set fast) - in a John Travolta grease lightning type of way, constantly has his tan on max, and wears a kind of a sheep-skin coat and is generally dressed like somekind of 1950s teddy?

Ageist again.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on February 16, 2017, 11:47:00 pm by Muttley »

He always makes me think of Vincent Tan

TinyPortal © 2005-2012