Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 09:56:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ticket sought for crewe away  (Read 2713 times)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
Re: Ticket sought for crewe away
« Reply #30 on May 06, 2024, 11:25:01 pm by 5minstogo »
Its very last minute and I'm certainly not dressed for it but I'm thinking of trying my luck at getting in the Crewe end. I'm actually at work today and I've found myself in Middlewich, just 4 mins away from Jct 18 of M6. I reckon I could just about get away with going missing for 3 hrs.
I know it's a long shot but there's £20 in it for anyone who can pick me up and then drop me off again after the game, postcode CW10 0QJ. Alternatively I'm looking at getting a taxi.

Did you go the away end first and try and get a ticket? Saw a fella talking to stewards and then coming back.from the box-office with  a ticket.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 07, 2024, 06:36:59 am by Nudga »
Update. Got in literally no questions asked! Didn't even ask my name or where I'm from, in fact put me down as Andy Davies whoever he is!
Sat in the big stand opposite our support who sounded majestic, particularly in the second half! Can't wait for Friday night now!

I went to Crewe's ticket office as soon as I got there to see if I could get a ticket anywhere in the ground. They wouldn't entertain me at all.

With the amount of police and stewards and how the fans were funnelled in towards the turnstiles we thought it was an impossible task getting in.
I say we, I met up with one of our most notable forum users and had a few pints with him in the retro bar first.
I won't name him as he might want to keep quiet about it.

He bought us some Crewe lottery tickets so that we could flash them to stewards who were checking tickets, got past them and frisky stewards.
The plan then was to bribe the turnstile operatives but all four of the old boys were having non of it. Fair play like.
Anyway, with chances fading away of watching our beloved team, a chink light shone in the form of the big double gates and Ben Parkinson.

The gates were open slightly so Ben could come back out for whatever reason and that was our way in.
My knees and ankles are like wood nowadays so I haven't moved that fast for several years.
Should I feel guilty for cheating the system? Possibly, but I don't.
I wasn't going to drive my son who had a ticket all that way to sit in a shit hole pub in Crewe and watch it in near silence.
RTID!!

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 07, 2024, 09:18:25 am by RedRover »
Its very last minute and I'm certainly not dressed for it but I'm thinking of trying my luck at getting in the Crewe end. I'm actually at work today and I've found myself in Middlewich, just 4 mins away from Jct 18 of M6. I reckon I could just about get away with going missing for 3 hrs.
I know it's a long shot but there's £20 in it for anyone who can pick me up and then drop me off again after the game, postcode CW10 0QJ. Alternatively I'm looking at getting a taxi.

Did you go the away end first and try and get a ticket? Saw a fella talking to stewards and then coming back.from the box-office with  a ticket.

No I was happy to settle for a seat anywhere although I did stop and ask the female steward stood by the turnstile on Gresty Rd at the away end the likelihood of me getting a ticket to the match. She pointed me further down to the ticket office

By that stage my thinking was, I've put my job on the line, and I've paid an arm and a leg to park, I ain't missing the match now!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012