Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:34:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Negotiations  (Read 311846 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit Negotiations
« Reply #810 on February 10, 2018, 01:34:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well then. What on Earth are we bothering to negotiate for?

Gentlemen! To the trenches!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #811 on February 10, 2018, 01:36:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You forgot that we’ve got Akrotiri and Dhekelis in too, do that’s Cyprus sorted an all.

Let’s get on with it!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #812 on February 10, 2018, 04:50:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
You forgot that we’ve got Akrotiri and Dhekelis in too, do that’s Cyprus sorted an all.

Let’s get on with it!

That's great!

Mind you, what will we do when the US tramples us underfoot when we invade their NATO allies? I think it might just scupper our chances of a cosy trade deal with 'em as well!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #813 on February 10, 2018, 10:52:23 pm by Sprotyrover »
Well it would seem that quite a few other EEC counties share my views on Barnier.
We should pull our troops out of Europe and walk away from the EEC,and just watch then poop their pants,they can't hurt us without hurting themselves, Barnier is an idiot, I can't believe that some of the posters on here actually support his views.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #814 on February 10, 2018, 11:13:22 pm by RedJ »
By his views do you mean reality?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #815 on February 11, 2018, 01:26:40 am by hoolahoop »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42977967  and now ignore the report of what will happen as it doesn't include the guesswork outcome of what we most likely can't have

Bloody hell! I’ve just realised that when this information was leaked last week, the wrong spin was put on it. They said that the Treasurey analysis was that by 2030, we’d have lost 2-8% of cumulative economic output by 2030 depending on the exact Brexit relationship.

That was wrong. What the data actual says is that our GDP PER YEAR will be 2-8% lower by 2030.

That’s a totally different sum. That means that we’ll have lower GDP EVERY YEAR and getting steadily worse from now to 2030.

Fag packet numbers. This means that over the next 12 years, we’ll lose £250bn of output even if we get a good deal with the EU. If we get a bad deal and go into WTO rules, which is what Rees-Mogg, Redwood and Johnson have said we should do, we’ll lose ONE TRILLION POUNDS of economic output by 2030.

One trillion f**king quid. That’s the equivalent of a cheque for £40,000 pushed through the letterbox of every door in the country.

Ever get the feeling you’ve been had, Brexiters?

Unfortunately you are right , I too misread or at least misunderstood those numbers - they are devastating sums of money.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #816 on February 11, 2018, 06:07:45 am by hoolahoop »
Barnier  my way or the highway.  I will punish you if you don't agree to everything I demand theres no negotiation this idiot just demands   :whistle:   
 wait for it................

Problem is this man is not an idiot for he holds all the cards and knows exactly when to play them .

He is literally steering our negotiation team and setting out the boundaries that we always should have known existed.
Fact is this whole premise of a beautiful afterlife post- Brexit was never achieveable . I can give you analogy after analogy why and how the Brexit '' dream of sunlit uplands and frollicking unicorns " was NEVER going to be possible but fact is John you STILL even when confronted with all this evidence want to make us ALL poorer economically, socially and morally. How much worse will it have to be before you concede that Brexit is the worst of ideas for the future prosperity  of our children ?

Bear in mind that we lag behind all the other economies currently whilst we STILL remain a member. We have little or no industry, few  resources are virtually bankrupt and yet you want us to take on the likes of the USA, China, India and of course the EU itself ! It's impossible , the world has moved on but sadly like a punch - drunk old lightweight boxer we want to challenge the top heavyweights in the world ; like him we are sadly going to hit the canvas in Round 1 . The glories of the Industrial Revolution and an Empire are long gone even Churchill would weep at our pathetic attempts to land a punch.
Give it up , let us retire gracefully, like all the Empires of the past Persian, Byzantine, Roman, Ottoman and Austro- Hungarian .
We are like an old house that needs attention in every area with a leaking roof, tired furniture, poor decor , mouldy walls and borrowing a couple £ here and there trying to rescue it .

Every area of public life  is stretched to the limit, our infrastructure has failed , our defence and policing budgets shrink and education is failing our youngsters yet you would rather impoverish us more and call half our nation traitorous for not wanting to jump off the cliff with you . Time this mess/ mistake was bought to a halt before it goes any further.....I don't want to be ruled by 30-50 Right wing ideologues who would burn this country for a quick buck. It's not about punishment if you aren't granted " special status " by the way . That's reality but you would berate this man for playing his cards ; do you think that the rest of Europe would choose an " idiot " to represent their interests ; he is clever and plays the hand he holds rather than chucking them back into the stack as you would wish. While our fool grinning away continues to bluff with a pair of Aces trying to  pretend he holds a Royal Flush that Barnier knows he  actually holds and is going " all in " on. 

Now ask yourself once again who is the idiot ? Apologies for all the analogies ......

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 06:36:33 am by hoolahoop »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #817 on February 11, 2018, 06:29:44 am by hoolahoop »
Well it would seem that quite a few other EEC counties share my views on Barnier.
We should pull our troops out of Europe and walk away from the EEC,and just watch then poop their pants,they can't hurt us without hurting themselves, Barnier is an idiot, I can't believe that some of the posters on here actually support his views.

Sporty I usually read your posts expecting something interesting to emerge but sadly you badly disappointed me with this one . What is your thought process here ?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #818 on February 11, 2018, 07:40:52 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Pull our troops out? When did we have the referendum for pulling out of NATO? I must have missed that one.

As for 'they can't hurt us without hurting themselves', we knew what pulling out of the EU entailed yet still we voted to hurt ourselves and now you're trying to blame them for it!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #819 on February 11, 2018, 08:38:03 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Judging by the moans about the EUs negotiators it's enough to make anyone think that what we were continually told about the EU being so desperate for a trade deal that they'd give us everything we wanted might actually have been a lie.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #820 on February 11, 2018, 11:10:00 am by Sprotyrover »

Sporty I usually read your posts expecting something interesting to emerge but sadly you badly disappointed me with this one . What is your thought process here ?

If we pull our troops out of Europe it will cause a massive consternation and much panic amongst the EEC suddenly Germant and several other
 countries will have to spend billions more on their defence,Germany in particular will have to fund a full armoured Division,every EEC country east of. Germany will have to fund their armed forces properly instead of enjoying a free ride on our backs.
No I'm not advocating pulling out of NATO we will still commit our Navy Airforce,Marines and Air Mobile Brigade to NATO. But the Cost impact will cause a lot of those countries to squeal!
All MAY has to do is merely suggest it and I think we will see a change in attitude.

That's a cracking way to get some sense out of them.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 01:36:14 pm by Sprotyrover »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #821 on February 11, 2018, 11:30:30 am by The Red Baron »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43021291

Looks like we might be getting some clarity on the Government's position. We'll see...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #822 on February 11, 2018, 11:55:10 am by BillyStubbsTears »
So the Hard Brexiters have won the Cabinet fight then TRB. We’re on the slope to the cliff edge.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #823 on February 11, 2018, 11:59:54 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Sproty

Be consistent. You’ve been telling us for years that Putin is a friend to all and we should embrace him. Why should European countries panic then if we withdraw a few hundred troops from Estonia and a couple of thousand from Germany? Presumably there’s no threat to protect against?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #824 on February 11, 2018, 12:32:31 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

If we pull our troops out of Europe it will cause a massive consternation and much panic amongst the EEC suddenly Germant and several other
 countries will have to spend billions more on their defence,Germany in particular will have to fund a full armoured Division,every EEC country east of. Germany will have to fund their armed forces properly instead of enjoying a free ride on our backs.
No I'm not advocating pulling out of NATO we will still commit our Navy Airforce,Marines and Air Mobile Brigade to NATO. But the Cost impact will cause a lot of those countries to squeal!
All MAY has to do is merely suggest it and I think we will see a change in attitude.

That's a cracking way to get some semester out of them.

Erm...our troops are there as part of our NATO commitments. But you want us to 'cause consternation' to all of our NATO allies and unilaterally remove our troops? 

If May suggests it, she'll get a change in attitude all right. From Trump for starters.

EDIT And the change in attitude from Germany would be 'you're getting f**k all out of the EU in Brexit.'
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 12:47:20 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #825 on February 11, 2018, 01:34:30 pm by Sprotyrover »
Sproty

Be consistent. You’ve been telling us for years that Putin is a friend to all and we should embrace him. Why should European countries panic then if we withdraw a few hundred troops from Estonia and a couple of thousand from Germany? Presumably there’s no threat to protect against?

Billy there is no threat to us from Russia,we don't Need to keep troops in Germany unless they are stationed there to keep the Germans down.
Germany however has a tiny army 60,000. They have to have the ability to defend themselves from the nearest perceived threat...Russia, the Americans under Trump are pulling forces out of Europe as he has said they need to start funding their own defence and not having a ride on the backs of the US.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #826 on February 11, 2018, 01:48:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sproty.

There’s 500 channels out there apart from Yesterday...

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #827 on February 11, 2018, 02:09:25 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The Ukraine didn't think Russia was a threat either.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #828 on February 11, 2018, 02:09:59 pm by Sprotyrover »
Sproty.

Sproty.

You like playing about with graphs I like History...we are both Rovers supporters!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #829 on February 11, 2018, 02:32:33 pm by The Red Baron »
So the Hard Brexiters have won the Cabinet fight then TRB. We’re on the slope to the cliff edge.

If that's the case it will be interesting to see if there are any resignations from the Government. Unless there has been a genuine compromise on certain issues.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #830 on February 11, 2018, 04:56:21 pm by German Rover »
Sporty.

Yeah. What a Kitson that Barnier is. Telling us there might be some rules that we’ll need to follow if we’re going to be able to trade with the EU after we leave. Who the f**k does he think he is?

If only we had an aircraft carrier with some planes on it, we should invade the bas**rds and put them in their place.

Mind, the Benelux countries would be a bit pissed off if we invaded them, given that Barnier is French. Still, the f**kers are all the same aren’t they?

We have an armoured Division in Germany we don't have to do any Invading

Half a brigade in Germany the division left years ago and are now based in york

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #831 on February 11, 2018, 04:59:34 pm by German Rover »
And an Armoured Brigade in Estonia and armoured units in Poland.

Armoured infantry battle group in Estonia. The Estonians can only field a brigade and the 1 royal Welsh battle group is part of that brigade.

Your support of the army by inflating numbers is admirable but 2 minutes on Wikipedia would have saved you being fact checked like this.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #832 on February 11, 2018, 05:42:43 pm by bpoolrover »
Latest you gov poll has tories 4 points ahead bit surprised, but think it shows if correct labour will struggle to get in power with Corbyn in charge

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #833 on February 11, 2018, 06:06:03 pm by The Red Baron »
Latest you gov poll has tories 4 points ahead bit surprised, but think it shows if correct labour will struggle to get in power with Corbyn in charge

The Tories have had small leads in three polls this week. Says a lot about Labour because even under normal circumstances you'd expect the Opposition to have a poll lead at this stage of a Parliament.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #834 on February 11, 2018, 06:26:04 pm by hoolahoop »
Then it's time for Corbyn and his team to get off the fence - the " Remainers " that they attracted at the last election are beginning to walk.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #835 on February 11, 2018, 06:36:48 pm by hoolahoop »

Looks like it but as Teresa has said in the recent past......." nothing has changed, nothing has changed ! "

The same problems need to be resolved whoever makes a speech.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #836 on February 11, 2018, 06:39:25 pm by Sprotyrover »
And an Armoured Brigade in Estonia and armoured units in Poland.

Armoured infantry battle group in Estonia. The Estonians can only field a brigade and the 1 royal Welsh battle group is part of that brigade.

Your support of the army by inflating numbers is admirable but 2 minutes on Wikipedia would have saved you being fact checked like this.

I looked at Wiki it said 5,500 in Germany which I assume is 45% of an armoured division,i.e. A cadre which is brought up to operational strength by flying troops in to man the kit in storage.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #837 on February 11, 2018, 07:03:44 pm by German Rover »
Nope. It's nowhere near that one armoured regiment, one armoured infantry battalion. One regiment of engineers soon to be a squadron, one regiment of artillery and a field hospital. A couple of independent companies, doing police and intelligence. Add in a couple of headquarters.

The units out there are massively undermanned. I'm currently serving at the minute and have to deal with an ever increasing list of tasks and an ever shrinking list of soldiers to do them.

As for the flying troops in, not a chance would this work, there aren't the numbers to do it and the RAF don't have enough airframe to do it. Britain doesn't have the capability to do it alone any more. We would rely on a huge influx of Americans to help shore up Europe. NATO is the best thing going for us, as is the EU.

Brexir has down discord between us and the rest of Europe and this can only be bad for NATO. Not only that my wages are worth less now than they were before the brexit vote. My own morale is at an all time low never mind the lads who work for me.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 07:09:29 pm by German Rover »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #838 on February 11, 2018, 07:52:03 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Well, they're coming out with so many conflicting statements it's no wonder that they hit a wider spread of the electorate!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #839 on February 11, 2018, 08:04:57 pm by Sprotyrover »
Nope. It's nowhere near that one armoured regiment, one armoured infantry battalion. One regiment of engineers soon to be a squadron, one regiment of artillery and a field hospital. A couple of independent companies, doing police and intelligence. Add in a couple of headquarters.

The units out there are massively undermanned. I'm currently serving at the minute and have to deal with an ever increasing list of tasks and an ever shrinking list of soldiers to do them.

As for the flying troops in, not a chance would this work, there aren't the numbers to do it and the RAF don't have enough airframe to do it. Britain doesn't have the capability to do it alone any more. We would rely on a huge influx of Americans to help shore up Europe. NATO is the best thing going for us, as is the EU.

Brexir has down discord between us and the rest of Europe and this can only be bad for NATO. Not only that my wages are worth less now than they were before the brexit vote. My own morale is at an all time low never mind the lads who work for me.

8 Globemaster,24 Hercules,60 chinook......that's 4,000 troops easily over to Germany in 2 hours.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012