Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:38:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Negotiations  (Read 311811 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit Negotiations
« Reply #3540 on December 17, 2018, 02:16:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Here you go guys pick the bones out of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9cLwoTkWes

Pick the bones out of the date it was put on Youtube.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #3541 on February 02, 2019, 05:25:09 am by aidanstu »
But the facts still remain don’t they?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #3542 on February 02, 2019, 07:09:01 am by hoolahoop »

The facts are that it is still a mess . On what possible grounds could they ask for an extension beyond March 29th.

" Can we leave later please because we need to make sure that we have time to offer inducements to Labour MPs in " leave " constituencies so that they will vote for the May deal ? "

Yes the endless pot of inducement monies is out again - add the above to the DUP , Nissan ' deals'.
If they are short of a bob or two - they can always speak to that nice man Arron Banks .
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 07:17:09 am by hoolahoop »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3543 on February 02, 2019, 10:47:21 am by SydneyRover »

The facts are that it is still a mess . On what possible grounds could they ask for an extension beyond March 29th.

" Can we leave later please because we need to make sure that we have time to offer inducements to Labour MPs in " leave " constituencies so that they will vote for the May deal ? "

Yes the endless pot of inducement monies is out again - add the above to the DUP , Nissan ' deals'.
If they are short of a bob or two - they can always speak to that nice man Arron Banks .
Boris will ask for another nose extension while Mogg is getting some personality fillers.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3544 on February 02, 2019, 11:37:27 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Facts?

Right. Here's a take on his "facts".

He quotes a think tank who said the MAXIMUM economic loss for the UK due to Brexit would be 1% of GDP.

Funny that. We've already lost 2.3% compared to the performance of comparable countries since the vote.

So I kinda lost interest at that point.

This video has been doing the rounds for 2 years. Posted by folk like Sproty, who hear what they want to hear in it, so assume it's all correct.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3545 on February 02, 2019, 01:58:00 pm by Sprotyrover »

Facts?

Right. Here's a take on his "facts".

He quotes a think tank who said the MAXIMUM economic loss for the UK due to Brexit would be 1% of GDP.

Funny that. We've already lost 2.3% compared to the performance of comparable countries since the vote.

So I kinda lost interest at that point.

This video has been doing the rounds for 2 years. Posted by folk like Sproty, who hear what they want to hear in it, so assume it's all correct.

People like Sprotyrover?

We have had some banter on this forum and you think You know me well enough to make comments like that!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3546 on February 02, 2019, 02:14:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You posted that video Sproty. You are one of the many people who posted that very deceptive video. People like you have been posting nonsense like that for two years.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3547 on February 02, 2019, 04:57:35 pm by Muttley »
More Project “Fact”!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3548 on February 02, 2019, 05:56:51 pm by Sprotyrover »
You posted that video Sproty. You are one of the many people who posted that very deceptive video. People like you have been posting nonsense like that for two years.
b
Ooooh dear Mr Kettle calling Frying Pan!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3549 on February 02, 2019, 06:29:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
As you wish Sproty. Do you want to point out the examples of stuff I've posted that's false or deceptive?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3551 on February 03, 2019, 02:31:13 pm by bpoolrover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3552 on February 03, 2019, 02:42:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1081462/brexit-news-latest-deal-vote-EU-UK-no-deal-theresa-may/amp Maybe gives us scope to get a better end result

Bpool

Read that article. Read it again. Then go out for a walk. Have a cuppa. Then read it again.

And then ask yourself what there is in what the Governor of the Bank of Italy actually said that justifies that headline and the sensationalist first paragraph.

Once again, the Express is treating you like an idiot.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3553 on February 03, 2019, 02:59:47 pm by bpoolrover »
What about the telegraph one do you have a opinion on that

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3554 on February 03, 2019, 03:13:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I can't read the full article. It's behind a paywall.

I assume it's talking about the fact that one German think tank has suggested that the EU change its entire negotiating stance.

I'm not sure what you want me to say about that. It's nigh on irrelevant given where we are now.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3555 on February 03, 2019, 03:59:44 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
More Project “Fact”!

Or 2+2=5?

They are saying that the model won't be built anywhere in the eu so not necessarily linked.  Interesting more so that they build all the diesel engine cars there with petrol outside the eu. Interesting given the desire to not have diesel engines.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3556 on February 03, 2019, 04:07:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP

Presumably Nissan are also in on the Project Fear con then, given that their press release today said:

“The continued uncertainty around the UK’s future relationship with the EU is not helping companies like ours to plan for the future.”

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3557 on February 03, 2019, 05:06:51 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
BFYP

Presumably Nissan are also in on the Project Fear con then, given that their press release today said:

“The continued uncertainty around the UK’s future relationship with the EU is not helping companies like ours to plan for the future.”

They have said that, but they're not going to come out and say actually they're losing sales particularly in Europe and off diesel models are they?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3558 on February 03, 2019, 05:07:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Fair point.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3559 on February 04, 2019, 06:02:19 pm by selby »
The main reason is they are taking the manufacture of that model to where the market for the car will be, the far east countries that will not hammer the diesel car owners.
   I see that pillock has jumped onto the band wagon and has said how disappointed he is that Sunderland has lost the contract to make diesel cars because of Brexit, while taxing them  out of London.
   Stand up the Lord Mayor of London, who with other politicians are the one single reason for car sales of diesel cars to plummet in this country.
   And I predict will be the reason for a massive slump in the economy of London in the near future, and an increase in cloned cars with false number plates and no insurance and tax in the south east of England.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3560 on February 04, 2019, 06:27:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I wonder why you've chosen to have a rant about the Mayor of London on this topic?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3561 on February 04, 2019, 06:40:33 pm by wilts rover »
Not true Selby. The X-Trail was originally planned to be built both in Japan and Sunderland.

However the EU-Japan free trade deal concluded last week now means there will be no tariffs for the export of the Japanese made one into the European market. So clearly with the risk of a No Deal Brexit and UK made cars attracting tarrifs, together with the volume of cars they expect to sell, it is not financially viable for them to make a new production line in the UK. And give up £60m from the UK government in the process it has emerged today.

All those politicians putting air quality and public health before shareholders profit - disgraceful eh.

Still I am a bit confused as to why Brexiteers are complaining about this. Rees-Mogg and Mitford said that a hard Brexit would mean the end of the motor industry in the UK, so whats the problem about that coming true? It's what you voted for?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #3562 on February 05, 2019, 12:01:11 am by Draytonian III »
Has anybody read every page of this post 119 ? If so what does it mean ?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3563 on February 05, 2019, 09:37:04 am by Donnywolf »
NO - I dip into it periodicaly but - NO
I am guessing it means we are as split on here as much as the divisive Referendum held in 2016 suggests
Dont forget there is the other "splinter" Thread with getting o for half as many Pages and that is the same - split roughly 50 50
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 12:08:44 pm by Donnywolf »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3564 on February 05, 2019, 03:40:03 pm by bobjimwilly »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3565 on February 19, 2019, 09:30:45 am by bobjimwilly »
Sony
Dyson
Panasonic
Lloyds
Unilever
Goldman Sachs
Barclays
Airbus
Flybmi
P&O
HSBC
JP Morgan
UBS
Ford
Hitachi
Toshiba
AXA
Honda
Moneygram
Philips
European Banking Authority
European Medicines Agency
Bank of America

What do they have all have in common? Hint: apparently it's nothing to do with Brexit

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3566 on February 20, 2019, 11:33:05 am by MachoMadness »
"Scaremongering".  :whistle:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3568 on February 20, 2019, 03:35:25 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The shit just gets deeper...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/19/brexit-uk-will-apply-food-tariffs-in-case-of-no-deal-michael-gove-says

I can't believe people think this is news! I was saying this before the referendum. But apparently I 'didn't know what was going to happen'.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #3569 on February 20, 2019, 04:22:21 pm by foxbat »
Yes. It's like saying throw yourself off the North Bridge.
It'll  be alright  - because ' nobody knows what's going to happen ' !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012