Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 02:13:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The French Trialist  (Read 8417 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: The French Trialist
« Reply #30 on July 19, 2017, 12:38:04 pm by RoversAlias »
Lovely technical skill, always wanted to get into the box, I liked him but it is only one game. If he impresses in training I'm sure Fergie will snap him up.
you mean 2 games

Nope, I mean one game. I didn't see him at Tadcaster, so my comment is based off seeing him in one game last night.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 19, 2017, 04:03:52 pm by NickDRFC »
I hope we sign him. Only in the hope that having another French player on the books might inspire "the lads" to come up with a better nickname for Baudry than "Frenchie"

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 19, 2017, 04:11:19 pm by drfchound »
How about Rene.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 19, 2017, 05:40:27 pm by selby »
  Copps is going to stand out in games like this because he is not going to be man marked,or fouled when going past players as he is in most league matches.
   Thats the sort of game we have to see our younger players in,but I think the young lad will pass muster.
   Its always a risk forming opinions in friendly games,but he has some pace and balance,and is aware of players around him,and not afraid of a tackle.It will get tougher for him as other teams become aware of his game,but I would take the plunge now,before other clubs come sniffing.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 19, 2017, 05:52:11 pm by ravenrover »
Were you there last night? They had some proper goes at Copps and Marquis

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 19, 2017, 06:12:43 pm by selby »
Yes I was,saw a little tit for tat,i will let you know I am here,which Marquis loves and gives as good as he gets,Copps a few shirt pulls and trips,because he was too clever for them,and took the p***.
  Nothing nasty though,or to put anyone out of the game,as happened to Alcock last season,that was downright nasty.
  He was a pillock.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 20, 2017, 08:25:47 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Triallist Ben Khemis to be offered a contract according to today's Free Press after speaking with DF.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 20, 2017, 08:34:20 am by balbyrover »
Triallist Ben Khemis to be offered a contract according to today's Free Press after speaking with DF.

Hopefully we give him a two year deal atleast. Ferguson said he imagines it will be a reasonably cheap deal and if so its well worth the risk.
Hopefully unearthed a gem.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 20, 2017, 09:32:46 am by Dutch Uncle »
I hope we sign him. Only in the hope that having another French player on the books might inspire "the lads" to come up with a better nickname for Baudry than "Frenchie"

looks like we can look forward to some Bem Khemistry  :coat:

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 20, 2017, 11:09:22 am by Dr Fundlekrotch »
Lorient's manager last year, Sylvain Ripol, had high hopes for Ben Khemis breaking into the first team in Ligue 1.  Ripoll was previously head of the Youth Academy and ran Lorient's second team so he knew him well.  However, he was sacked before they were relegated and it looks like the lad is not part of new manager, Mickael Landreau's plans.  Their loss, if my friends on the Lorient forum are to be believed.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 20, 2017, 11:18:07 am by Dutch Uncle »

Good news, but does this mean we missed out on the England U-19 midfielder?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 20, 2017, 11:30:58 am by RoversAlias »

Good news, but does this mean we missed out on the England U-19 midfielder?

No, Fergie states in the same article that that midfielder has gone on holiday having played football the entire summer, and that that position will be filled in addition to Ben Khemis anyway.

Basically, he wants Houghton, another deep-lying midfielder and Ben Khemis. At the back, Taylor and another centre half, the position he's been trying without success to fill all summer.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 20, 2017, 11:53:28 am by Dutch Uncle »
Many thanks RA, I haven't actually seen the FP article. All sounds very promising and also recognition, given our injures record over the last few years, that numbers may be on the low side

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 20, 2017, 11:57:22 am by Drover »
How about Rene.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooa RRRRREEENAAAAYY!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 20, 2017, 12:16:15 pm by RoversAlias »
Many thanks RA, I haven't actually seen the FP article. All sounds very promising and also recognition, given our injures record over the last few years, that numbers may be on the low side

Agreed, if we get these 3/4 in I'll consider myself more than satisfied with our summer business.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 20, 2017, 12:20:56 pm by Filo »
Lorient must have some damn good midfielders if they let him go

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 20, 2017, 12:44:38 pm by GazLaz »

They are playing at a much higher level than us though.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 20, 2017, 12:50:48 pm by Bezza »
things are coming together nicely , add Taylor to our squad and we are getting there , good work Fergie.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on July 20, 2017, 12:58:01 pm by Filo »

Are they though, they got relegated to the French 2nd tier, how comparible is that to our 2nd tier?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 20, 2017, 01:01:35 pm by GazLaz »

Are they though, they got relegated to the French 2nd tier, how comparible is that to our 2nd tier?

I'd imagine a team that gets relegated from Ligue 1 would still be a lot better than us.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on July 20, 2017, 01:07:19 pm by Filo »

I'd imagine a team that gets relegated from Ligue 1 would still be a lot better than us.

In some tespects I agree, but a lot better? Better without a doubt, but not a lot better

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 20, 2017, 01:21:53 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Gone from Ligue 1 to League 1.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 20, 2017, 01:43:18 pm by GazLaz »

In some tespects I agree, but a lot better? Better without a doubt, but not a lot better

I'd say all their players are have a value in the millions. They sold the lad to Sunderland for £17m last year I seem to remember. They eat their dinner at a different table to us.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on July 20, 2017, 01:45:06 pm by IDM »
No, they eat at the same table, but they say "pass the ketchup" instead of "gis the sauce"..

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 20, 2017, 03:32:13 pm by Dr Fundlekrotch »
In recent years, their former players have been at Real Madrid, PSG, Arsenal and others of that ilk.  Koscielny was a Lorient player.  Last time they were in Ligue 2, they were known as the Galacticos because of their huge budget and the quality of their playing squad

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 20, 2017, 03:42:14 pm by GazLaz »
In recent years, their former players have been at Real Madrid, PSG, Arsenal and others of that ilk.  Koscielny was a Lorient player.  Last time they were in Ligue 2, they were known as the Galacticos because of their huge budget and the quality of their playing squad

Sideways move for young Issam then.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 20, 2017, 08:52:37 pm by idler »
Sideways but in the shop window in a country paying silly money in wages and transfers.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 20, 2017, 08:56:10 pm by GazLaz »
Sideways but in the shop window in a country paying silly money in wages and transfers.

I was being sarcastic.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on July 20, 2017, 10:10:11 pm by idler »
No probs.🙂
I probably just see so many negative comments on here at times that I've lost my sense of humour.😉

TinyPortal © 2005-2012