Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 09:34:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: DNA Card  (Read 9843 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: DNA Card
« Reply #60 on July 22, 2017, 07:26:32 am by Glyn_Wigley »
It's what's known as a dynamic card, the benefits will change and evolve over the course of the next 12 months.

How do you know that a particular benefit won't evolve and change (ie disappear) five minutes after you sign up? Are there expiry dates on these offers or will they just 'evolve' without warning?

Jeez, you're getting cynical in your old age Glyn.

I've always been cynical, which is why I asked. Also, I find with similar schemes like this there's very little I would actually make use of, and if what I wanted suddenly disappeared I've have a white elephant on my hands. Hence my question.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 07:29:34 am by Glyn_Wigley »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on July 22, 2017, 07:54:24 am by knockers »
I think people are actually forgetting that these are free to season ticket holders. You are paying no more for your ticket than you did last year!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on July 22, 2017, 10:24:11 am by idler »
Exactly knockers. I used to buy my ticket to reserve my seat, anything else would be a bonus.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on July 22, 2017, 10:24:23 am by silent majority »
It's what's known as a dynamic card, the benefits will change and evolve over the course of the next 12 months.

How do you know that a particular benefit won't evolve and change (ie disappear) five minutes after you sign up? Are there expiry dates on these offers or will they just 'evolve' without warning?

Jeez, you're getting cynical in your old age Glyn.

I've always been cynical, which is why I asked. Also, I find with similar schemes like this there's very little I would actually make use of, and if what I wanted suddenly disappeared I've have a white elephant on my hands. Hence my question.

White elephant? Its free to ST holders and £20 for those who want one otherwise. One train journey to London will repay that and more.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on July 22, 2017, 04:20:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Well, I'm not a ST holder, and I don't use the train...

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on July 22, 2017, 04:46:59 pm by knockers »
So what you bloody moaning about then. Surely there are more important things to vent your anger at than a card that you don't actually want

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on July 22, 2017, 04:52:10 pm by glosterred »
Some people like to moan for moaning sake

COYR

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on July 22, 2017, 07:38:12 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
So what you bloody moaning about then. Surely there are more important things to vent your anger at than a card that you don't actually want

I'm not angry. I'm not moaning either. I just asked whether the offers can disappear without warning. SM brought up STs and rail travel instead of answering that, not me. I just pointing out his 'answer' doesn't apply to me.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 22, 2017, 08:40:19 pm by Mr1Croft »
Personally, I think it's fantastic. It's following in the footsteps of the purple vouchers but making it more relevant (a card rather than a booklet to lug around with you) and more 'unique' to Doncaster Rovers fans. As with any of these offers and discounts it will also come down to personal taste and whether or not that applies to you. For example I haven't used the bus in about 6 years and £35 off One Call insurance will not have any effect for a young driver like me so I'll not have any intention of using them but there are definitely discounts I will use so it's more than worth £20 for me.

On the face of it as someone without a Season Ticket I think it's very easy to jump to the conclusion that the marketing of it has dropped a clanger by not detailing the offers on launch. However on balance I think we need to realise that first and foremost the DNA Card is a benefit to Season Ticket holders and they've tried (perhaps a little too hard) to keep the details exclusive to them. Offering something as a ST extra AND a stand alone product was always going to be a difficult balance to strike and I think the club can be forgiven for not purposely devaluing season tickets. After all these sales are the most secure source of income that will be used in planning budgets and signings etc.,

What I will say however is this pre-season I've been very much off the radar on all things Roverswise, I have rarely been on here and haven't heard any transfer news, but I did hear about the DNA card so someone in the Marketing department must have been doing something right!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on July 22, 2017, 10:08:06 pm by Chris Black come back »
Thought I had seen it all when my season ticket starting coming in a plastic wallet. Now we are getting cards and offers. What a time to be alive.

Any news yet on how Centreplate are preparing for the new season?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on July 22, 2017, 10:10:01 pm by RedJ »
5 chips this season instead of the usual 3.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on July 22, 2017, 10:38:26 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Thought I had seen it all when my season ticket starting coming in a plastic wallet. Now we are getting cards and offers. What a time to be alive.

Well they ran out of steak pies in the South Stand early on Tuesday night so they are preparing exactly as normal  :blink:

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on July 23, 2017, 10:23:22 am by Bessie Red »

Plastic wallet!! - as I have a silver membership my ST comes in a hard back cover!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on July 24, 2017, 09:27:11 am by Filo »

Plastic wallet!! - as I have a silver membership my ST comes in a hard back cover!

Yep, as I stated before, not keen on the hardback, a bit bulky to stick in your pocket in my opinion

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on July 25, 2017, 10:30:58 pm by VivaRovers »
Does this help?;

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/dna-card-offers/

It does yep, thank you. Not sure why it took the club so long to realise folk might be more inclined to buy one if they knew what it actually offered.

I noticed on Twitter the club saying that the Ts & Cs of the Virgin Trains discount won't be confirmed for another week or so, so given that's the main info I was after, I'll be holding off a bit longer.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on July 25, 2017, 11:26:37 pm by knockers »

[/quote]

Yep, as I stated before, not keen on the hardback, a bit bulky to stick in your pocket in my opinion
[/quote]

Rip the card off. That's what I've done-much better 👍🏼

TinyPortal © 2005-2012