Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:11:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: did anyone else not realise we'd scored ???  (Read 5018 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: did anyone else not realise we'd scored ???
« Reply #30 on April 30, 2013, 10:55:37 pm by BobG »
What a lovely post Nice One. For all sorts of reasons. Really like that. Especially the last bit! Lol

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 01, 2013, 03:49:11 am by RoversAlias »
I'll echo Bob and say that's a great post, for several reasons.

I hope Mr. Lundstram gets talking to David Moyes about what he wants to do next season!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 01, 2013, 06:37:44 am by Donnywolf »
Yes nice one Nice One ... I guessed that's what your sign meant on Saturday Morning

Closed for serious prior commitment .... I had a chuckle at that and was going to sneak back later with a Black Rose if we had not gone up ... thankfully not needed.

On the scoring thing I know a tale of 2 Brothers - one was listening in Belle Vue Bar and the other was elsewhere (may have been there)

So they hit the Bar and BVB is in uproar. Everyone is jumping up etc etc. Then I imagine the roar from the goal which some people must have heard must have meant (to some) the end of the game

So Brother 1 goes out to ring Number 2 and says great great we did it / fantastic etc etc and Brother 2 says Yes from looking at the Play offs to Champions in 30 seconds

No No says Brother 1 we had to win to stand a chance - well we did f****** win you daft bugger said Number 2 (I have missed the swear words out) .... Copps Scored right at the end

F Off says Number 1 - What game you were you watching says Number 2 (This last bit went on quite a while as Number 1 was sure there was no "winner" scored

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 01, 2013, 08:55:52 am by nice one rovers »
Donnywolf wrote

« Reply #32 on Today at 06:37:44 am by Donnywolf »
Yes nice one Nice One ... I guessed that's what your sign meant on Saturday Morning

Closed for serious prior commitment .... I had a chuckle at that and was going to sneak back later with a Black Rose if we had not gone up ... thankfully not needed.

Aye DW, It's mad, the amount of excuse notes I pin to my shop door.  They give all sorts of reasons for not being open today, ( loss of electricity, burying nanna, Very Important Commitment etc..) poor old nanna, I've never even had one but she's been exhumed and replanted about fifteen times now , but I'll be honest with you, it's virtually always due to DRFC. My customers must be at the end of their patience with me. Dont mind though, as its mostly L**ds fans who I'm letting down usually.

Strange though, I've not had a single L**ds fan in my shop this week, always get a few after a L**ds win, or a Donny loss.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:59:06 am by nice one rovers »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 01, 2013, 09:00:27 am by Donnywolf »
Yes .... I often chuckle at them and the fact they are "usually" at the time Rovers have a crucial game

I was due to walk past on Satdi night and was going to put the Rose and a Note saying Bag Luck Mate just for a laugh but thankfully not needed

The Leeds fans I know are already "counting their Points" and also looking forward to a creating new Attendance record at The KMS

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 01, 2013, 10:40:51 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
I saw the ball hit the bar, went absolutley mental, turned around to see Copps kicking it in the net.  Absolute chaos, danced, hugged and kissed people I didnt even know  :woohoo:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 01, 2013, 11:28:29 am by Mr1Croft »
My nerves got the better of me and I turned around, refusing to watch the penalty. I heard our fans cheer and I turned round and when it got cleared I started celebrating, hugging my mates and jumping around. Then out of corner of my eye I saw Coppinger with an open net and it just became chaos in the stands.

Unfortunatley I lost my foot-in and fell over near the front of the stand so I was subject to a few stamps from Rovers fans jumping around me not.noticing me below them. But once I got back up I carried on celebrating.

Fantastic day, and in that 18 seconds I think we all felt every emotion possible.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 11:34:41 am by Mr1Croft »

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 01, 2013, 11:32:32 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Another funny part too were the amount of mobile phones lost amongst the pandemonium in the stands.  The people around me did find them in the end but needless to say the screens and phones themselves were in pieces.  None of them could give a monkeys though  :lol:

:scarf:

Gemmadrfc

« Reply #38 on May 01, 2013, 11:36:09 am by Gemmadrfc »
I didn't realize what was going on I heard the ref blow for the penalty but I couldn't watch that then I heard rovers fan cheering looked up and saw the ball being cleared. I tried so hard to see what was going on but with being so small I had to ask my uncle what was going on next thing I knew we had scored. I didn't know the Bournemouth score either until some other fans started chanted championes ole ole ole, after that I was in tears and my cousins and uncle's were too. The next thing I remember was hugging each and everyone of them. Awesome day  :scarf: :rtid:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 01, 2013, 01:37:51 pm by RobTheRover »
Who were the three guys in Viking fancy dress ? brilliant .. I asked to take a photo, and one of them threw a Rovers flag around the shoulders of a fourth guy sat between them and he immediately rejected it and fled the photo. Either on the run or a closet Leeds fan?

Eyup,
That would be me, (moustachioed), with my eldest lad. The one who refused any publicity was our middle'un ,he's the odd-kid in the family but sort of enjoys that role.
I really took to the whole Viking thing and refused to take it off for bed, with a view to a bit of drunken pillaging/raping role play. Wife was having none of it though, as she'd had a lovely day and didn't want to spoil it!
Thinking about wearing it to all home & away games in future and becoming a bit of a character like the one that Portsmouth have, but without the musical ability.
More of us should dress up at the last away games, its a laugh.

One thing which came from it was, a lovely Liverpool couple asked to have their photo with us. We got talking with them for awhile , and I asked why a pair of scousers were at a Rovers game in London.
"we've come to see our boy play " she says. "He loves it at the Rovers and is hoping he can stay another year". lovely ,lovely people Mr & Mrs Lundstram.

YOu got in the lift with us back at the Frenchgate to go and get back in your Longboat.  Nice tache, btw.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 01, 2013, 02:11:10 pm by Donnyjim »
Missed it all as well! As soon as the penalty was given I curled up into a small ball at the back of the stand. Recovery position, I think they call it? Thought we were done for.

By the time I got up Rich said to me, We've scored? How? When? What? Where?

Cue celebrations!

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 01, 2013, 02:11:23 pm by nice one rovers »
Who were the three guys in Viking fancy dress ? brilliant .. I asked to take a photo, and one of them threw a Rovers flag around the shoulders of a fourth guy sat between them and he immediately rejected it and fled the photo. Either on the run or a closet Leeds fan?

Eyup,
That would be me, (moustachioed), with my eldest lad. The one who refused any publicity was our middle'un ,he's the odd-kid in the family but sort of enjoys that role.
I really took to the whole Viking thing and refused to take it off for bed, with a view to a bit of drunken pillaging/raping role play. Wife was having none of it though, as she'd had a lovely day and didn't want to spoil it!
Thinking about wearing it to all home & away games in future and becoming a bit of a character like the one that Portsmouth have, but without the musical ability.

One thing which came from it was, a lovely Liverpool couple asked to have their photo with us. We got talking with them for awhile , and I asked why a pair of scousers were at a Rovers game in London.
"we've come to see our boy play " she says. "He loves it at the Rovers and is hoping he can stay another year". lovely ,lovely people Mr & Mrs Lundstram.

YOu got in the lift with us back at the Frenchgate to go and get back in your Longboat.  Nice tache, btw.
It left a sticky residue though.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 01, 2013, 02:54:50 pm by RobTheRover »
/Are you sure that was the tache?  ;)

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 01, 2013, 03:24:33 pm by drfcbenny625 »
There was a hush as the ball hit the bar and then scrambled about, then as soon it was cleared we all went mental but I saw Paynter charging towards goal so I knew we had scored. Then we went beserk. I must have looked quite scary to the blokes I turned arpund to and started roaring at. Thankfully they seemed to be pulling the same face I was.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 01, 2013, 03:27:30 pm by Jenny »

Eyup,

Sounds better than some Dutch guys insisting on asking to have their picture took with out and then proceeding to want to know if all your underwear was red and white too!! Pervs!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on May 01, 2013, 04:26:35 pm by RobTheRover »
How is the ankle, Jenny?  That limp was worse than the one Trotta feigned after his pen miss.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 01, 2013, 04:40:54 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
As soon as the ball hit the bar I was going absolutley mental as I was happy with second place, we were stood just in front of the flares, so as well as hugging and going mad with friends, I was looking at the flares.

I turned round just as Copps took his first touch (Excellent timing), and then when the ball hit the net, that was it, pandemonium!

Just after the goal though I asked a random lad I was celebrating with "Does that goal count or has Copps just put it in the net because it was full time and he was happy?", his reply "No mate, it counted, WE ARE CHAMPIONS!"

Unbelievable day, unbelievable season!

:scarf:

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on May 01, 2013, 05:21:07 pm by Jenny »
How is the ankle, Jenny?  That limp was worse than the one Trotta feigned after his pen miss.
We'll see when I go for a run later.... Feels better than it did on Saturday, was very sore when the alcohol wore off on Sunday, as was my head!!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 01, 2013, 05:38:25 pm by RobTheRover »
Yeah, you were slaughtered! lol

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 01, 2013, 05:45:26 pm by Jenny »
I like to think I was more cute and adorable drunk than slaughtered.... Meh, who am I trying to kid!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012