Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:24:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: the retained list ?  (Read 4055 times)

scotlandsbest

• Forum Member
the retained list ?
« on May 01, 2013, 12:20:42 pm by scotlandsbest »
 :woohoo:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

when do we think the retained list will be published ? me for one hope its very soon!!!!!!!

we need to start building our team for next season very soon and lets not like most seasons start building our team late!!!!!!!!!!!

it will also give the lads that arent retained i.e harper a chance of at least finding himself a side to play for

up the rovers championi championi

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
Re: the retained list ?
« Reply #1 on May 01, 2013, 12:30:20 pm by craigdrfc »
Whilst I agree with the above I think its the Manager situation we need to resolve first. Everything else will be decided on the back of that im sure ... asssuming its the Manager who has the call on which players are offered something and which are not!!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 01, 2013, 12:31:35 pm by Wild Rover »
Retaind = offering contracts to those out of contract, so i wouldnt expect sudden answers. These things have to be "Talked" about.
Now there may be scope to publish a "Released" list sooner.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 01, 2013, 01:26:24 pm by Spud »
The board are hoping to make an announcement on friday regarding the managerial position, according to DROS.

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 01, 2013, 02:47:54 pm by BK29 »
Keep:
Husband
Jones
Coppinger
Cotterill
Syers
Brown
Spurr
Griffin
Bennett
All last years youngsters

Undecided:
Sullivan (player/coach?)
Paynter

Allowed to leave/release:
G.Woods
M.Woods
McCombe
Harper
Keegan

donnymatty

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 01, 2013, 02:58:21 pm by donnymatty »
I would keep all the players at least for another year who have contributed much to this season, they got us up as Champions and so I think they should be rewarded. The only ones I would get rid of would be Harper, Fowler, Wilson and Webber. Even Gary Woods could be cover for a new goalkeeper next season and Andy Griffin for me would still be ok for cover

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 01, 2013, 02:59:54 pm by BK29 »
No room for sentiment, our squad would be laughed at in the championship.

donnymatty

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 01, 2013, 03:00:29 pm by donnymatty »
Oh and not to mention giving the good youth players a new contract e.g Jordan Ball, Liam Wakefield etc purely because of the reserve team

donnymatty

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 01, 2013, 03:01:04 pm by donnymatty »

But most have played at that level before?

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 01, 2013, 03:02:18 pm by BK29 »

But most have played at that level before?

Yeah and some were absolutely terrible.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 01, 2013, 03:07:02 pm by Donnyrovers »
Agree with the retained players but would keep Paynter as a squad player, G Woods as a 2nd choice keeper, McCombe as a squad player and Keegan has proved this season he offers a lot to the team to deserve to be kept on and I would get Sullivan on the coaching staff because as a player I think championship will be a step too far at his age.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 01, 2013, 03:09:05 pm by jmt »
Get rid of painter?  :headbang:
Top scorer and IMO one of the best players at the club.

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 01, 2013, 03:10:02 pm by BK29 »

Which just shows you how poor our squad is on an whole and how big of a job we have this summer.

Thank god this L1 was so poor this season.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 01, 2013, 03:14:37 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

You're just glossing over his inadequacies.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 01, 2013, 03:14:39 pm by RobTheRover »
Actually, the advent of the reserve team will enable us to have a slightly larger squad, and this is further enhanced with another 6 pro contracts being offered this year to graduates from the Youth Squad. 

Well done, lads.  Richly deserved following another great season, finishing as Runner-up in the Football League North East Youth Alliance, just 2 points behind Hull City.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 01, 2013, 03:20:05 pm by Red wizard »
Bk29 just doesn't like Paynter. He's only been to 1 game all season. Get billy Kee in eh.

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 01, 2013, 03:22:20 pm by BK29 »
Sorry Red wizard, i think you have me mistaken for somebody else?  :s i've been to all the home games but not been able to go many away's this year unfortunately  :unsure:

I have no problem with Paynter either. I just don't rate him any higher than an ok L1 forward.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 01, 2013, 03:25:52 pm by Chris »
Bk29 just doesn't like Paynter. He's only been to 1 game all season. Get billy Kee in eh.

Oh ffs. BK29 refers to Billy Kee and his shirt number at Burton Albion. Unbelievable. We all know who that is.

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 01, 2013, 03:27:35 pm by BK29 »

Oh ffs. BK29 refers to Billy Kee and his shirt number at Burton Albion. Unbelievable. We all know who that is.

OR it refers to William (nickname Bill) Kay who is 29yo?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 01, 2013, 03:31:13 pm by Chris »

You're 21 according to your Twitter account.

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 01, 2013, 03:37:03 pm by BK29 »

You're 21 according to your Twitter account.

Have i stepped into some weird world where i'm not myself?  :laugh:

I don't have twitter.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 01, 2013, 07:40:10 pm by Red wizard »
If i have got it wrong i'm sorry. You just remind me of somone else who used to post. Somone who i have no problem with i may add. Just find it strange the need to hide. Thats if you are Donnyroversfc.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 01, 2013, 07:42:29 pm by DonnyOsmond »
He is.

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 01, 2013, 07:44:41 pm by BK29 »
There is already a user on here called Donnyrovers isn't there?  :s

pubteam

« Reply #24 on May 01, 2013, 07:48:18 pm by pubteam »
If i have got it wrong i'm sorry. You just remind me of somone else who used to post. Somone who i have no problem with i may add. Just find it strange the need to hide. Thats if you are Donnyroversfc.

You don't need to hide. Unless you're donnyroversfc. Then you need to hide. ;)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 01, 2013, 07:53:49 pm by normal rules »
we need
1. a keeper
2. a centre half with pace
3. a top class midfielder (wellens /stock type without the injuries)
4. a proven, 20 goal per season striker.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 01, 2013, 07:56:54 pm by Red wizard »
Wellens is on a free this summer. We havn't got 2 to 5 mill for a proven 20 goal a season striker so i would forget about that.

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 01, 2013, 08:00:49 pm by BK29 »
We need to look more to League 2 when looking for players, i feel. Look at Peterborough, it's served them pretty good aswell as making them some handsome money on transfer fee's.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 01, 2013, 08:20:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Certainly having a reserve team could give us a bit more flexibility with some of our existing players in the short term.

I have my doubts about a few at Championship level and would like to see some key additions and changes.

In the Championship, I don't think we can afford 2 'lumps' at CB and would like to see us switch either Quinn or Spurr to centre half, alongside Jones. Thinking about it I think Quinn could do an excellent job there having a bit more pace and doing the sweeper role.

Taking the above in to account, I think we'd need more dynamic full backs. Would hope that Husband continues to progress with this is in mind. McCombe and Spurr in their current positions wouldn't be my first choice. (Browny's not getting any younger and I think he would make an excellent CB but I'd worry about his injuries)

Midfield. Need to nail down Furman and look to bring in Lundstram if Everton agree, or someone like him. What's Jordon Much up to these days? I would certainly keep Keegan for that anchor role and seek out another 'ball player'. Syers has the potential to be a real match winner in the Championship as he offers something different getting in to the box.

Up top, we need another goal scorer with Paynter and Brown competing for places. May be try for someone like Cassidy or Madden. (Billy Sharp would be my first choice)

I can't see Hume settling for reserve team football, so I don't think he'll come back.

Wider midfield places covered with Copps and Cotterill, but I'm uncertain about Bennett (Bloody hooligan!) and Martin Woods (Pity about Woods because he has the experience and the ideal physique for the Championship but can't shake off the injuries. 

Up to 6 to leave. 6 replacements and a couple of shrewd loanees somewhere down the line.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 01, 2013, 08:39:18 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Sharp shouldn't be that hard to get, should he? Southampton have stayed up and will probably strengthen again, so Billy will be surplus to requirements. How about a cheeky £500K bid or a loan bid?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012