Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:54:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Belle's  (Read 1697 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
The Belle's
« on October 10, 2012, 03:58:47 pm by GazLaz »
They bring in relegation in the Ladies Premier league next season and we are odds on to go down. What can we do to make sure this doesn't happen? We are a sporting club after all. Get rid of Buckley would be a start. I know we don't have the money to compete with the big sides but it would be a tragedy if we went down.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

podrover73

• Forum Member
Re: The Belle's
« Reply #1 on October 10, 2012, 06:37:20 pm by podrover73 »
Why do you want to get rid of Buckley?

Are you aware that it is his fault that the belles are near the bottom of the league ?

Not knowing much about the ladies game but who do you think would replace him?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 10, 2012, 07:02:18 pm by GazLaz »
How longs he been in charge? Must be 10/12 years, sometimes a new direction can be benefitial. They get 65k I think for being in the Super League, relegation will be a big blow to the funds. My tip is that they finish bottom next season then part ways with John. I hope they get some investment from somewhere though to help them stay up.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 10, 2012, 07:13:37 pm by graingrover »
I would leave the question of Buckley's tenure to them but  welcome the fact that Rovers are helping a bit to raise the Belles profile ....though much more could be done in the way of sharing with them when we organise Community ventures and perhaps have occasional joint family  open days at Keepmoat.
                       They deserve support from the town after all these years in the upper échelons  running on shoe string budgets .They did beat Liverpool and finsish above hem in the League this season ; without their injured star player .

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 10, 2012, 07:17:11 pm by RedJ »
bit like us really - I guess having bugger all to spend just catching up with them in the end

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
Re: The Belles
« Reply #5 on October 10, 2012, 07:57:29 pm by VivaRovers »
A few points...

1. There are currently no formal plans in place to introduce promotion to, and relegation from the Women's Super League. At its inception the league was granted a three season run, 2013 is simply the third of those seasons. What happens after that hasn't been agreed on as yet; possible options on the table include expanding the Super League to 12 teams, or introducing a FAWSL2.

2. The Belles won't find a coach that knows the women's game as well as John Buckley, and I'm sure they'll do all they can to keep hold of him, and rightly so.

3. Clubs do get £70k from the FA to aid their participation in the Super League, but each club has to match fund this. At the Super League's inception some of the women's games more established sides - eg. Leeds, Sunderland - couldn't guarantee to match it, hence the inclusion of the well-backed Lincoln Ladies in the league, despite the fact they'd never previously featured in the top flight.

4. The Belles will always struggle to keep up with Arsenal and Birmingham, but they do have the potential to be a solid mid-table side. Unfortuantely this season they have been hit by a number of injuries; chiefly to star signing Sue Smith, ruled out for the whole season, which has hindered their progress. But with Sue back in the fold next season, and the younger players coming of age (5 of the squad have featured for England Under 19s this season) 2013 looks promising, something reflected in their late season performances and results.

5. What can people do to help keep them at the top tier? Its obvious, but the bottom line is go along and support them. Give their games a go if you haven't before.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 10, 2012, 10:57:37 pm by BobG »
I loved watching Kas Walker and co a few years back. Used to go regularly. Far more skillful than any of the Rovers players and good games of footy more often than not too.

BobG

PS And, of course, the chance to sight the inexpresssibly gorgeous Danish bird with the unpronounceable and un-rememberable name that they once brought over :)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 10, 2012, 11:11:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Talking of Karen Walker, I'm sure I spotted her recently in one of those fly on the wall Police documentaries, bringing a scally in to the Cop Shop. Humberside Police possibly?

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 11, 2012, 09:46:03 am by weststander »
A few points...

1. There are currently no formal plans in place to introduce promotion to, and relegation from the Women's Super League. At its inception the league was granted a three season run, 2013 is simply the third of those seasons. What happens after that hasn't been agreed on as yet; possible options on the table include expanding the Super League to 12 teams, or introducing a FAWSL2.

2. The Belles won't find a coach that knows the women's game as well as John Buckley, and I'm sure they'll do all they can to keep hold of him, and rightly so.

3. Clubs do get £70k from the FA to aid their participation in the Super League, but each club has to match fund this. At the Super League's inception some of the women's games more established sides - eg. Leeds, Sunderland - couldn't guarantee to match it, hence the inclusion of the well-backed Lincoln Ladies in the league, despite the fact they'd never previously featured in the top flight.

4. The Belles will always struggle to keep up with Arsenal and Birmingham, but they do have the potential to be a solid mid-table side. Unfortuantely this season they have been hit by a number of injuries; chiefly to star signing Sue Smith, ruled out for the whole season, which has hindered their progress. But with Sue back in the fold next season, and the younger players coming of age (5 of the squad have featured for England Under 19s this season) 2013 looks promising, something reflected in their late season performances and results.

5. What can people do to help keep them at the top tier? Its obvious, but the bottom line is go along and support them. Give their games a go if you haven't before.

According to John Buckley in his interview in the Star, he believes there will be promotion/relegation next season

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 11, 2012, 06:10:31 pm by VivaRovers »
I didn't say that it wasn't a possibility... just that it hadn't been formally agreed, as was inferred by the OP.

I wrote an article on the FAWSL last month and so picked up a load of PR and press material from the FA and that left the future of the league beyond 2013 quite open.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012