Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:22:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pay on the Gate...We Need Your Feedback!  (Read 1380 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Pay on the Gate...We Need Your Feedback!
« on October 11, 2012, 10:39:39 am by RobTheRover »
Guys,  I've had the following message from the club.

Doncaster Rovers would like to thank our fans for participating in the trial of the cash turnstile and singing section during last night’s win against local rivals Chesterfield in the second round of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy, 7pm kick off.

As part of the ‘In Rovers We Trust’ project fans suggested that the Club should test a cash turnstile and a singing section, and Doncaster Rovers are pleased to have successfully trialled both schemes at yesterday’s game.

We now need your help; we need fans, whether you participated in the trial or not, to send your feedback via e-mail to marketing@doncasterroversfc.co.uk, so that we can evaluate the scheme. The Club are keen to look at adopting a policy of a similar nature in the future providing there is demand after evaluating the feedback from fans.

Doncaster Rovers are keen to stress that the cash turnstile policy was implemented at the Chesterfield fixture only and cash turnstiles will not be in operation during future games at current.

Please give the club your feedback directly as requested,  or please add it to this thread and I will make sure it is read.  Please also keep this thread on-topic.

Cheers

Rob

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Kez122

• Forum Member
Re: Pay on the Gate...We Need Your Feedback!
« Reply #1 on October 11, 2012, 05:24:13 pm by Kez122 »
Worked well for us as it saved an extra trip to the stadium beforehand and meant that I could go straight from work. Thumbs up from me. No hassle, straight in and no worries.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 11, 2012, 05:35:13 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I had my ticket but its definitely useful at night games  for those at work

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 11, 2012, 06:18:47 pm by River Don »
Did it improve the atmosphere?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 11, 2012, 06:19:58 pm by silent majority »
I must add that I supported the cash gate too and it took all of 4/5 seconds to negotiate, even quicker than Belle Vue!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 11, 2012, 06:34:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If I can paraphrase a colleague at work "Sweet! just handed my tenner over, straight in, job done. Better than p*ssing about in ticket office first".

Personally I think that a good proportion of non ST holders would take the path of least resistance, and given a choice of going to the ticket office to select their seat, would choose a pay turnstile and take their chances on where to sit, particularly if pushed for time.

More importantly, this 'facility', could provide additional choice for the fan providing the unreserved area is in their preferred area of the ground, and help to reduce the burden on the ticket office on the run up to kick off.

Thumbs up and than you for trialling it.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 11, 2012, 06:54:49 pm by StocktonRover »
As I wanted to sit in my usual seat in the West stand, Pay on the gate wasn't an option for me on this occasion. Had it of been available in the West stand, I would have used it.

Notwithstanding that, I bought my ticket on the night from the ticket office and was pleasantly suprised at how quick that process was as a result of others paying on the gate in the South stand.

I would be very supportive of Pay on the Gate being used again for future cup games this season.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 11, 2012, 07:38:09 pm by Superspy »
I've just sent my E-mail in :)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 11, 2012, 07:42:15 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'll be making my views too. I'm a season ticket holder so it won't affect me often but so much nicer to walk up give a tenner and walk in than the friendlies where I had to queue for a ticket.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 11, 2012, 07:54:31 pm by hoolahoop »
Brilliant straight from work after finishing at 6:00, £10 out of the cash machine on the way to the stadium and seconds to get in.............brilliant and as it should be.  :thumbsup: :rtid:
Please repeat it Rovers when ever the possibility arises.
Do we know just how many went through the turnstiles ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012