Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:20:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cheat  (Read 2796 times)

pigeonhole, ChrisBx, DN8ROVER, PDX_Rover, drfcsteve, Donnywolf and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Cheat
« Reply #30 on May 13, 2024, 01:38:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It was a brilliant piece of shithousery by their keeper , if TLT had done it everyone would be praising him. Just sound bitter banging on about it , Crewe beat us fair & square it's time to move on

I don't give a f**k about the tactics side of things.

If a player picks something up and throws it into the crowd, that's a stone cold red card. No arguments. The ref (ahem) bottled it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 13, 2024, 01:43:21 pm by Jonathan »
I’d probably be laughing at it if the roles had been reversed. But there’s a big difference between that and condoning it. I’d also be nervously fearing a misconduct charge, especially if (as is the case in this instance with their keeper) the culprit had tweeted celebrating what he had done. As has been said, technically it ought to be a red card offence. Given the tweet, and with no hint of sour grapes (honest!), I feel the FA ought to look at it. It isn’t right, it’s poor sportsmanship and the goalkeeper’s subsequent action should call into question whether he’s bringing the game into disrepute.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 01:45:39 pm by Jonathan »

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 13, 2024, 02:01:35 pm by keyser_soze »
It was a brilliant piece of shithousery by their keeper , if TLT had done it everyone would be praising him. Just sound bitter banging on about it , Crewe beat us fair & square it's time to move on

If a player picks something up and throws it into the crowd, that's a stone cold red card. No arguments. The ref (ahem) bottled it.

Presumably this is what he got booked for? So the ref definitely saw it and deemed it unworthy of a red, presumably as he had thrown it into his own fans? Not sure that is a case as it could definitely have hurt someone if they didn't see it coming. I'm not bitter anyway, i think its hilarious he had the peace of mind to think to do that.

Jokes on him as Rovers obviously had more than one list and it was passed to the photographer (Who would have thought) so its ultimately not made a difference.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 02:06:35 pm by keyser_soze »

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 13, 2024, 02:22:41 pm by colincramb »
Should be sent off for that

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 13, 2024, 05:13:05 pm by Filo »

Presumably this is what he got booked for? So the ref definitely saw it and deemed it unworthy of a red, presumably as he had thrown it into his own fans? Not sure that is a case as it could definitely have hurt someone if they didn't see it coming. I'm not bitter anyway, i think its hilarious he had the peace of mind to think to do that.

Jokes on him as Rovers obviously had more than one list and it was passed to the photographer (Who would have thought) so its ultimately not made a difference.

I’m bitter, but at the same time if TLT had done that I’d be laughing, remember the Crewe fans bleating about the red card being rescinded, I hope Crawley batter them

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 13, 2024, 05:21:47 pm by andyst79 »

Did he not throw it into the Crewe fans?! Barely made the 1st row from the angle and I'm sure they loved it

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 13, 2024, 05:30:22 pm by drfcsteve »
If that had been in the prem or any league where the referees are scrutinised it would be a red card. Unfortunately it happened in league 2 where no one cares.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 13, 2024, 05:33:04 pm by Filo »
If a fan throws something on the pitch, if identified he’ll get a banning order

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 13, 2024, 06:26:24 pm by Donnybob »
I think folk are missing the point here. Throwing a missile into any crowd of supporters is an arrestable offence, on the spot, not even after the pens are over or as an afterthought. If the EFL are serious about safety and taking action to protect all from hooligan behaviour within the stadium then action is required.
Then we have the issue of theft. Their keeper stole an item the he knew belonged to the Rovers' keeper prior to using it as a missile.
As for the ELF these incidents, now in the public domain, MUST be investigated and acted upon. They should also look upon this issue from a gamesmanship perspective. It was shithousery of the highest order and deliberately intended to unsettle a member of our playing staff. However you look at this it is undeniably cheating.
Alas nothing will happen unless it is reported. The VSC/ Shadow Board must surely be taking this up with the club, the ELF and the wider media. This person should not be rewarded w  with a place at Wembly. I'd go so far as to say he should not be allowed in the stadium. He should be facing investigation and a long ban. It is not a bit of banter, a laugh or whatever else some would love to excuse it as.
Sadly I see no-one taking action. It will be conveniently dismissed.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 13, 2024, 06:35:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It didn't hurt anyone so that's not worth an overreaction.

But when did sportsmanship stop becoming a thing and bad sportsmanship became celebrated?  There is a way to win and that's not it for me. It's akin to going in to the other teams changing room and stealing a tactics board...

But it's done now and I doubt it made too much difference.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 13, 2024, 07:51:37 pm by dknward2 »
Can’t understand why when we found out they had no sub keeper we weren’t trying giving little injuries to the keeper, mind we would need to get near him

whisky

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on Today at 11:08:34 am by whisky »
Keeper should be banned and it's a disgrace if action isn't taken. I've seen the pics on Facebook from Crewe fans showing bruises where the bottle hit them. Search for Crewe nub news on Facebook.

Dazator

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on Today at 04:31:21 pm by Dazator »
Surely there does need to be some sort of report and consequence tho, you can't be allowing things like that to be ignored when loads of people have seen it, it sets a slippery precedence when we're trying to push the safety, family friendly, respect the game angle etc.  I saw it was on talksport earlier, so for me something should be done

https://talksport.com/football/1865619/new-footage-crewe-alexandra-goalkeeper-launches-bottle-doncaster-rovers/

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on Today at 06:13:33 pm by roversdude »
Yorkshire Post have suggested him as an out of contract player we may be interested - hope not

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on Today at 06:15:29 pm by PDX_Rover »
Talksport treating it as something funny. Putting the context of the game aside. The fact is that a player has thrown an object into the crowd. Apparently, someone was hit and bruised (unsubstantiated).

There should be a review and action taken. Can’t have players throwing things into the crowd. A bottle of water hurled is not a joke.

Probably nothing will happen of course…

TinyPortal © 2005-2012