Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 10:07:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A Very Difficult Day  (Read 1679 times)

RedandWhiteHoops

• Forum Member
A Very Difficult Day
« on April 27, 2013, 07:09:28 pm by RedandWhiteHoops »
Great day and we are champions but ...

I drove to the ground (45 minutes) from where I live and without a ticket for the game.  Got stuck in traffic and arrived 10 minutes before kick off thinking I had no hope of getting in.  Found a dodgy  character outside the Brentford end and asked him if he had any tickets.  He wanted £100 for 1 ticket and I only had £80.  Convinced him to let me have the ticket and it turns out its right in the middle of the Brentford kop!  I get in and I'm surrounded by the most foul mouthed rude southerners I have ever met.  Kept my hands in my pocket all game without being able to usher a word or a sound for Rovers.  I even stooped to the level of applauding the Brentford subs coming on just so I could blend in! 

Sully had a dreadful second half experience.  Throughout that half he was constantly bombarded with coins, lighters and bottles. Absolutely disgusting behaviour and no action was taken.  He stayed incredibly calm throughout though so well done Sully. 

When they got the penalty I was devasted.  A Brentford girl in front of me turned away and wouldn't watch the kick.  An older chap came along and forced her to turn around saying "Watch history being made love!"  When the missed they all burst into tears literally.  They must have been 5 or more people around me in tears!!!  When the ball went up the other end I saw Paynter cross it but I was so far away it looked like he shot and the ball went out.  Then all you lot went wild and I assumed the ref had blown the final whistle because the Brentford strikers had all fallen to the ground.  After 5 minutes of chaos I then saw the teams go back to the centre circle and realised we must of scored!

After the whistle I managed to make my way up to the Rovers end and watch the team and you lot celebrating.  Best bit was when Rob Jones threw his shorts into the crowd.

May have cost me £80 with no dosh left even to buy a burger but it was worth every penny and I wouldn't have missed it even though I had to stand with the southern Jessie's throughout.

Doncaster Rovers - Champions 2013 c'mon you Reds!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: A Very Difficult Day
« Reply #1 on April 27, 2013, 07:15:31 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Now that takes some doing. I doff my cap to you sir! Glad you're still here to tell the tale.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 27, 2013, 07:31:19 pm by BRMC_rover »
Great read sir. Sounds like a reluctant shelling out of 80 quid, turned out well worth it. Must have been hard to keep calm down there after that penalty. Your lucky you didnt see that we'd scored otherwise you may well have not been able to keep the Rover in you under wraps amongst the home supporters.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 27, 2013, 07:31:40 pm by idler »
That would make a great story for the first fanzine next season. :scarf:

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 27, 2013, 07:41:21 pm by grayx »
WOW.
Really dont know how you did that. Well done though.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 27, 2013, 07:54:22 pm by adamtherover »
You sir.... are a legend!   What a story......

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 27, 2013, 08:20:59 pm by Sprotyrover »
Did they pee in yer Bovril

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 27, 2013, 08:23:42 pm by 1879Rovers »
That took amazing self control not to jump up at the end. I doubt I could have done it.

RedandWhiteHoops

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 27, 2013, 08:49:44 pm by RedandWhiteHoops »
 Now that made me laugh!
Did they pee in yer Bovril

donnyguy61

« Reply #9 on April 27, 2013, 08:52:32 pm by donnyguy61 »
Well done that man  :scarf:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 30, 2013, 01:24:45 am by RoversAlias »
Great story, and it may be a bit mean but I cannot fail to laugh at the line "Watch history being made love". Ahahaha. That poor girl.

Kudos to you for managing to avoid making yourself known in that Brentford end!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012