Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 03:24:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Final warning?  (Read 9414 times)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
Re: Final warning?
« Reply #60 on December 18, 2014, 09:49:28 pm by i_ateallthepies »
ive not seen anthing yet what says they have different opinions and express them.and envious of bramhalls wealth,if he his a true supporter like he makes out then why are we near the bottom of league one,it wouldnt need a massive investment and like andy liney said when they joined their small change would go a long way

Hang on a minute, you can't have it both ways... I thought the widely held view of his detractors on here was that he never gives us any information and he isn't remotely interested in football.  So, Mr acko, when exactly did he 'make out' that he is a true supporter?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on December 18, 2014, 09:54:04 pm by Filo »
i was given the impression they was good for rovers,filo i was wrong,will i be renewing NO would i recomend it to others NO,do i think they represent the supporters NO,

It seems to me that you've joined with pre-concieved opinions, and no matter what anyone says you will not alter those opinions and just plough on regardless

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on December 18, 2014, 10:04:48 pm by acko »
3 answers in one,it was stated publicly the tb and dw where lifelong supporters,to you sm why question blunt what was his position during the takeover attempt and if you asked questions that was true i fail to see how they could sue you.and filo i have not seen or heard anything to alter my pre conceived opinion.but if it pleases everybody i wiil stop posting

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on December 18, 2014, 10:07:04 pm by Filo »
3 answers in one,it was stated publicly the tb and dw where lifelong supporters,to you sm why question blunt what was his position during the takeover attempt and if you asked questions that was true i fail to see how they could sue you.and filo i have not seen or heard anything to alter my pre conceived opinion.but if it pleases everybody i wiil stop posting

So you had a pre conceived opinion (agenda), why not come with an open mind instead?

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on December 18, 2014, 10:10:00 pm by no eyed deer »
Acko no need to stop posting as that is what they want.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on December 18, 2014, 10:11:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Do you think he needs to board to tell him that the results aren't great? That just puts added pressure on. I said last month we should give him till January then assess the situation and I still think that.
January 1st or January 31st? I only ask cos you see the longer 'we' procrastinate, the further we sink & the more we end up 'panic buying' the next incumbent. Then there's the small matter of January's transfer window, are you really wanting to hand that possible window of opportunity to PD?

I know it's the season of goodwill & all that, but come on, as Roberto Duran once said, "No Mas".

Yeah. Cos he did a shite job in the last January transfer window didn't he?

Well, the players he brought in didn't keep us up so hardly a success!

From mid-January, after making several signings, we went on a 14 match run of near-play off form (22 points from 14 games).

The fact that we didn't stay up was nothing to do with Dickov's ability in the transfer market (or the club's supposed failure to back him).

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on December 18, 2014, 10:12:19 pm by Filo »

It's not what I want

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on December 18, 2014, 10:14:29 pm by silent majority »

Who wants this??

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on December 18, 2014, 10:20:21 pm by silent majority »

DB was acting on behalf of TB and DW during the talks, so it was appropriate to ask him what the longer term aims were. His response was published on here. SC chose to make threats. Nobody could put faith in that approach.

They claimed the questions were defamatory in content. A strange thing to say but that's what they claimed. Of course they went on to make other threats too but I'm not giving you those details.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on December 18, 2014, 10:30:31 pm by bobjimwilly »
Someone name me one other (non-fan owned) club where the marketing manager gives out his personal mobile number and replies to all emails & tweets send to him, where the CEO sits down with representatives from the supporters trust on a monthly, often more regular, basis, and the owners of the club face the fans twice a year and answer all questions put to them? If they don't care what we, the fans think, it's a bloody funny way of showing it!

People are complaining the board aren't saying anything about the managerial situation, yet when they are given answers as to why the board can't or might not be saying anything, they simply choose to ignore or dismiss them? It's been highlighted what happened last time the Chairman came out and made a statement when the fans were restless - it was a PR disaster!

Acko et al - what, exactly, would you like the owners to say that would make you happy? And if you reply with "they should say we're going to sack Mr Dickov tomorrow" you obviously have no idea about how a football club is and/or should be run, and there's probably no point in discussing this further with you.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on December 18, 2014, 10:40:45 pm by bpoolrover »
Bob to be fair they don't say anything on any subject,once in months there was a press release a few weeks ago just about general stuff,maybe they should do that more often

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on December 18, 2014, 10:51:58 pm by no eyed deer »
Who wants it ... The same people that have driven away a lot of people on here for not having the same opinion as them .

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on December 19, 2014, 12:48:08 am by BobG »
Aye No Eyed Deer. You're dead right. Idiots like Acko, you, Wellred have driven away a very large number of decent supporters. All guys like you do is ask the same questions hundreds and hundreds of times, ignore the same answer given as many hundreds of times, and then, make libellous statements based on no facts whatsoever.

I hope you guys like living in a narrow minded, closed in world with neither stimulus nor growth allowed. Because that's where this attitude is leading. Speaking personally, i hope you all enjoy it. It's about all you are capable of dealing with.

BobG

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on December 19, 2014, 07:24:50 am by acko »
i resent being called an idiot bobg,i have not called you names,and as far as i know ive never driven anyone away from the rovers on the contary i started watching when i was 8,startedmy sons when they was8 followed by grandsons the youngest made a season ticket holder at 2 days old now a regular i dont and never have dis couraged them from going they have minds of there own.i dont like what the owners are doing or not doing,i certainly think the consept of club doncaster is a daft idea at this moment,

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on December 19, 2014, 09:53:54 am by bobjimwilly »
i dont like what the owners are doing or not doing,i certainly think the consept of club doncaster is a daft idea at this moment,

I think that was already clear to be fair acko.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on December 19, 2014, 10:01:49 am by no eyed deer »
acko don't take anything Bob G says to heart , nobody else does.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on December 19, 2014, 10:04:02 am by RJHeader »
Someone name me one other (non-fan owned) club where the marketing manager gives out his personal mobile number and replies to all emails & tweets send to him, where the CEO sits down with representatives from the supporters trust on a monthly, often more regular, basis, and the owners of the club face the fans twice a year and answer all questions put to them? If they don't care what we, the fans think, it's a bloody funny way of showing it!

People are complaining the board aren't saying anything about the managerial situation, yet when they are given answers as to why the board can't or might not be saying anything, they simply choose to ignore or dismiss them? It's been highlighted what happened last time the Chairman came out and made a statement when the fans were restless - it was a PR disaster!

Acko et al - what, exactly, would you like the owners to say that would make you happy? And if you reply with "they should say we're going to sack Mr Dickov tomorrow" you obviously have no idea about how a football club is and/or should be run, and there's probably no point in discussing this further with you.

In all fairness, unless you support that club you arent going to have a clue if that happens. It could be happening at somewhere like Luton for all we know.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on December 19, 2014, 10:09:06 am by silent majority »
some of us do have a good understanding what goes off at other clubs, after all we speak with them on a daily basis.

I can assure that no more than a handful, if that, of clubs provide access and engage the way ours does.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on December 19, 2014, 11:03:08 am by Colin C No.3 »
Do you think he needs to board to tell him that the results aren't great? That just puts added pressure on. I said last month we should give him till January then assess the situation and I still think that.
January 1st or January 31st? I only ask cos you see the longer 'we' procrastinate, the further we sink & the more we end up 'panic buying' the next incumbent. Then there's the small matter of January's transfer window, are you really wanting to hand that possible window of opportunity to PD?

I know it's the season of goodwill & all that, but come on, as Roberto Duran once said, "No Mas".

Yeah. Cos he did a shite job in the last January transfer window didn't he?

Well, the players he brought in didn't keep us up so hardly a success!

From mid-January, after making several signings, we went on a 14 match run of near-play off form (22 points from 14 games).

The fact that we didn't stay up was nothing to do with Dickov's ability in the transfer market (or the club's supposed failure to back him).
The board backed him financially, he brought the players in to keep us up, we were relegated. Where are we nearly 12 months on? Improving? I think not, but my real fear is that we stick with the status quo, for whatever reasons, which would IMO see the club stagnate. I don't want that, you don't want that & despite some rants on here that suggest the board wouldn't be bothered if we ended up in Lg 2, I can't believe they do nor do I believe they don't want the club to progress. So you're the man with all the stats BST, you tell me where those stats are leading us, please.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on December 19, 2014, 11:49:01 am by ravenrover »
Acko or NED please enlighten me who are "THEY" ?

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on December 19, 2014, 12:46:43 pm by acko »
if i called them they its the board and owners in my referral

TinyPortal © 2005-2012