Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:36:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Macron Keepmoat  (Read 6347 times)

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
Macron Keepmoat
« on April 24, 2014, 02:21:46 pm by BigColSutherland »
I see that from next season Bolton are doing away with years of heritage and abandoning their original Reebok Stadium name, in favour of The Macron Stadium. What new low will football sink to.

Which begs the question, how long is the Keepmoat currently pencilled in to be known as the Keepmoat?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversam

• Forum Member
Re: Macron Keepmoat
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2014, 02:29:29 pm by roversam »
:Can't understand why you put Macron Keepmoat,  :silly:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 24, 2014, 02:32:34 pm by hoolahoop »
Good question, I know the main shirt sponsors signed up fairly recently.
Chances are we will carry on advertising the "Keepmoat" Name for nowt  :whistle:

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 24, 2014, 02:38:08 pm by afro goal machine »
Cant see the problem myself its not as earth shaking as st Georges park changing to sports direct.com stadium

the keepmoat is not going to be the keepmoat forever

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 24, 2014, 02:58:01 pm by silent majority »
If memory serves me correct it was a 10 year deal originally.

Welling Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 24, 2014, 02:59:29 pm by Welling Rover »
St Georges Park ?
Have you been on the beer already Afro !!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 24, 2014, 03:02:01 pm by silent majority »
Good question, I know the main shirt sponsors signed up fairly recently.
Chances are we will carry on advertising the "Keepmoat" Name for nowt  :whistle:

Not sure if I get your point here Hoola.

One Call have just signed up for an extension of one year to their original contract. The Keepmoat company however signed up for a long term deal and paid the money upfront to the now defunct SMC. It's being repaid proportionally by the council.

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 24, 2014, 03:03:10 pm by afro goal machine »
Hahaha still recovering from a night in The Grove Saturday!!!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 24, 2014, 03:03:39 pm by River Don »
I see that from next season Bolton are doing away with years of heritage and abandoning their original Reebok Stadium name, in favour of The Macron Stadium. What new low will football sink to.

Which begs the question, how long is the Keepmoat currently pencilled in to be known as the Keepmoat?

They did away with years of heritage when they moved from Burnden Park and then sold the naming rights to the new arena.

I can't see what else they could do if Reebok aren't going to be supplying the kit anymore.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 24, 2014, 03:12:55 pm by BigColSutherland »
:Can't understand why you put Macron Keepmoat,  :silly:

I believe Macron Keepmoat is the name of the founder of Keepmoat plc.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 24, 2014, 03:13:23 pm by BigColSutherland »

They did away with years of heritage when they moved from Burnden Park and then sold the naming rights to the new arena.

I can't see what else they could do if Reebok aren't going to be supplying the kit anymore.

What did Burnden make?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 24, 2014, 03:29:07 pm by The Red Baron »
Remember when they tried calling Belle Vue "The Earth Stadium?" No-one took a blind bit of notice. I dare say people will carry on calling it "The Keepmoat" (or The 'Moat, as I prefer to call it) long after any name change.

I wonder how many Castleford RL fans refer to their home as "The Mend-a-Hose Jungle" and how many call it "Wheldon Road?"

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 24, 2014, 03:48:50 pm by Jenny »
It was a 15 year deal worth £1.5m

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 24, 2014, 03:56:51 pm by River Don »

What did Burnden make?

Steam traction engines.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 24, 2014, 04:14:04 pm by BigColSutherland »
What did Burnden make?

Steam traction engines.

What a player Fred Dibnah was.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 24, 2014, 04:57:46 pm by Drover »
What did Burnden make?

Steam traction engines.

What a player Fred Dibnah was.

Yes,He reached the top on many occasions

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 24, 2014, 07:48:12 pm by 1879Rovers »
Huddersfield must have had three name changes since the new ground was built. Man City have had a couple as have Wigan. That is the way it is now with new grounds. A bit different if you have been their for a century. Look at Newcastle the other year!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 24, 2014, 08:03:11 pm by wilts rover »
Remember when they tried calling Belle Vue "The Earth Stadium?" No-one took a blind bit of notice. I dare say people will carry on calling it "The Keepmoat" (or The 'Moat, as I prefer to call it) long after any name change.

I wonder how many Castleford RL fans refer to their home as "The Mend-a-Hose Jungle" and how many call it "Wheldon Road?"

I believe the 'proper' name for our ground is the Doncaster Community Stadium, it just goes to show how good a marketing link it was with Keepmoat in that people automatically refer to the stadium as that.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 24, 2014, 08:05:43 pm by BigColSutherland »
I believe the 'proper' name for our ground is the Doncaster Community Stadium, it just goes to show how good a marketing link it was with Keepmoat in that people automatically refer to the stadium as that.

Are you saying it's not called the Keepmoat Stadium?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 24, 2014, 08:13:01 pm by wilts rover »

Are you saying it's not called the Keepmoat Stadium?

Isn't that the answer to your original question, how long will the Keepmoat be known asthe Keepmost - as long as people call it that.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 24, 2014, 11:12:09 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
...... how long will the Keepmoat be known asthe Keepmost - as long as people call it that.

As long as people have a sticky slidey keyboard to type on  ;)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 24, 2014, 11:47:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It was The Community Stadium as was Colchester's when theirs was built although I'm buggered if I can remember their current name.

The Keepmoat name is a good one for a number of reasons and it will take some adjusting to call it anything else.

Perhaps there's a quiz question there. Which of the new stadiums has been renamed the most?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 25, 2014, 12:47:12 am by hoolahoop »
:)
It was a 15 year deal worth £1.5m

My apologies then £1.5 million each year is a reasonable deal.
They must have thought that they were getting the rights to a future Championship club when they signed up.  :)

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 25, 2014, 08:01:36 am by Jenny »
It's £1.5m for 15 years, not each year.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 25, 2014, 08:19:38 am by hoolahoop »
It's £1.5m for 15 years, not each year.

Then that was a ridiculous amount for a stadium naming rights. I'm surprised that wasn't renegotiated years ago !  :blink:
Are we getting the full £100,000 back each year now then from the Council ?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:35:43 am by hoolahoop »

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 25, 2014, 04:10:20 pm by Jenny »
If there isn't a break clause in the contract allowing either party to exit, then how do you renegotiate?

We, actually scrap that we and go with the council, were hardly going to get millions upon millions for the naming rights of a stadium that a club our size uses. No one could have really predicted the success the club went on to have since moving to the stadium and if they had held out for a stupid amount it would have probably gone unsponsored.

I have no idea if the club get the full amount back from the council on an annual basis, I just know that they were the specifics of the legal agreement at the time of inception. You would hope that they are paying the club the money in full.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 25, 2014, 04:36:04 pm by silent majority »
They are doing.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012