Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:33:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: "Top six has never been the aim for us"  (Read 3242 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: "Top six has never been the aim for us"
« Reply #30 on December 18, 2014, 07:13:52 pm by bpoolrover »
Does not really matter where you aim it matters where you end up

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 18, 2014, 07:59:28 pm by Askern_reds »
Dickov also said rovers are a team in progress

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 18, 2014, 09:21:51 pm by MachoMadness »
Just had time to listen to Dickov's full interview of RS. The full quote he gave is this;

Question: Do you feel that you are underachieving this season?

PD "At home, yeah, I would do. Because one home win all season isn't great reading. We're hopefully working hard to turn the corner round, we felt at the games we've had at home recently we should have done it. So, we're not far away but at the same time I'm not going to try and kid anyone else by saying that we're nearly there this that or the other. It's not good enough and we have to change it."

Question: What about overall though?

PD "if we look at the table and win our game in hand then we go 4 points off the play-offs. If we win on saturday we can go into the new year pushing into the top half if not in the top half if results go our way. And I would say that is roughly ... maybe ... where we should, yeah."

Question: I guess the aim is top 6 isn't it?

PD " You guys have been saying top 6 since the start of pre-seaon. That has never been an aim for us. It would be fantastic if we could make it .... if we can keep players fit and clear of suspension then we won't be far away."

I'm always amazed by the ability football managers have to speak for minutes at a time without actually saying anything. Absolute shite. I always hate to bring up SO'D, but he's one of the few managers in football who could actually say something of note in his interviews besides "it's a tough league but we expect to be there or thereabouts by the end of the season" shit.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 18, 2014, 09:27:35 pm by acko »
its what you call politics macho talk for ages but leave them guessing

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 18, 2014, 10:00:38 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Chuff me acko, I'm no lover of politicians but you're being unbelievably charitable to a lot of football managers comparing their inane drivel with the spoutings of politicians.

MachoMadness, thank christ somebody on here has at last spoken in complimentary terms about SO'Ds interviews, it used do drive me to despair the bollox spouted on here about he's boring in his interviews.  Listen to the f**king message not the tone of the man's voice.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012