Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:14:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who should replace Dickov?  (Read 122539 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: Who should replace Dickov?
« Reply #30 on May 03, 2014, 05:16:30 pm by Dare to dream! »
DD, Isn't Chris Powell from London, would he move North? Wouldn't he look for a new manager's position in the London area?

He'll probably have to move out the London area to get a new job even if it was with because what LDN club would want him?

He probably knows he'll have to go down to league 1 to get another managerial job. Likes to bring the youth players through also

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 03, 2014, 05:45:15 pm by River Don »
Change for changes sake.

There is no good reason to sack Dickov.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 03, 2014, 05:50:26 pm by Wellred »
Change for changes sake.

I can think of more reasons for him to go than to stay.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 03, 2014, 05:57:26 pm by Dare to dream! »
Change for changes sake.

One good reason, we've been relegated that was not the objective of this season. He has failed.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #34 on May 03, 2014, 05:59:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Don't give a toss right now. Thankfully we won't be making the decisions on the manager. Time to chill and put football to bed for a while.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 03, 2014, 06:01:03 pm by The Red Baron »
Still raw at the moment, but I've felt for a while now that he isn't up to the job. I'm not convinced he'll get us into the top half of League One next season, never mind promotion.

I'll expand on my thinking in the next day or two, but for me PD has to go.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 03, 2014, 06:07:43 pm by grayx »
Change for changes sake.

I disagree..
He's had some decent players to work with this season , including the best two keepers we have had for a long time. His lack of tactical "know-how" , baffling  team selections and formations have cost us in the end. T say he was a decent striker he is clueless on how to create goalscoring opportunities hence our shocking "goals for" record. Today summed him up really. Time to go I'm afraid.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 03, 2014, 06:09:54 pm by DaveOfDonny »
Get him sacked. Not good enough. Give me grief for having an opinion, I don't care, the proof was in the pudding, we've been very poor.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 03, 2014, 06:12:10 pm by River Don »
Consistency is a valuable commodity in football.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 03, 2014, 06:14:11 pm by Dare to dream! »

Agree 100% but you need to hav someone in charge who is capable. If the league wasn't so poor this year we would have been relegated weeks ago

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 03, 2014, 06:17:20 pm by River Don »

Agree 100% but you need to hav someone in charge who is capable. If the league wasn't so poor this year we would have been relegated weeks ago

The league wasn't poor. The Championship never is.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 03, 2014, 06:19:50 pm by Dare to dream! »

It has been this season. Yeovil and Barnsley wouldn't have made the play off's in league 1. Blackpool and Millwall have been shite all season

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 03, 2014, 06:20:06 pm by Wellred »

I agree. PD has been consistently baffling with his tactics. We should have seen the signs when the goalkeeper was allowed to go up for a corner in the first match of the season.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 03, 2014, 06:22:16 pm by Akinfenwa »
Consistency is only valuable if it's good consistency.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 03, 2014, 06:23:48 pm by River Don »

It has been this season. Yeovil and Barnsley wouldn't have made the play off's in league 1. Blackpool and Millwall have been shite all season

I disagree.

The three smallest clubs have gone down. As the bookies expected.

We are competing in a league where some clubs have sugar daddies, the pull of the Premiership is real and others fight to get back to the Prem with enormous parachute payments.

No way can this EVER be described as a poor league.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 03, 2014, 06:25:20 pm by Dare to dream! »

I disagree.

The three smallest clubs have gone down. As the bookies expected.

We are competing in a league where some clubs have sugar daddies, the pull of the Premiership is real and others fight to get back to the Prem with enormous parachute payments.

No way can this EVER be described as a poor league.

Okay then, maybe not the league has been poor but the bottom 6 have been poorer than normal

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 03, 2014, 06:26:40 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

...PD has been consistently baffling with his tactics. We should have seen the signs when the goalkeeper was allowed to go up for a corner in the first match of the season.
So which manager we've had over the last decade would say say hasn't been baffling with their tactics?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 03, 2014, 06:28:57 pm by Wellred »

...PD has been consistently baffling with his tactics. We should have seen the signs when the goalkeeper was allowed to go up for a corner in the first match of the season.
So which manager we've had over the last decade would say say hasn't been baffling with their tactics?

How about Dean Saunders?

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 03, 2014, 06:31:36 pm by bedale rover »

How about Dean Saunders?

NO

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 03, 2014, 06:32:26 pm by River Don »

How about Dean Saunders?

NO

I'd have Flynn before him.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 03, 2014, 06:34:54 pm by Wellred »

How about Dean Saunders?

NO

But the question was. So which manager we've had over the last decade would say say hasn't been baffling with their tactics?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 03, 2014, 06:36:41 pm by River Don »

How about Dean Saunders?

NO

But the question was. So which manager we've had over the last decade would say say hasn't been baffling with their tactics?

Probably Dave Penney. He was always pretty straight forward, he liked to pick the same side that had done well in the last game.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #52 on May 03, 2014, 06:37:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The only thing I reflect on is by asking this question. Taking injuries aside, has Dickov got the best out of the players? For me it's a no to that so I think he has to be prepared for the push.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 03, 2014, 06:43:30 pm by dickos1 »
Without injuries we would have finished midtable, our form when at full strength showed that.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on May 03, 2014, 06:48:45 pm by grayx »
I think its gonna be more a case of who'd want to come here.. The budget wont be great,it never is  especially in league 1. Lets sit back and see who applies.... but the more I think about it, the more i want Dickov to go.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 03, 2014, 06:50:01 pm by Dare to dream! »
I think its gonna be more a case of who'd want to come here.. The budget wont be great,it never is  especially in league 1. Lets sit back and see who applies.... but the more I think about it, the more i want Dickov to go.

We will have one of the best squads in League 1 though. We don't need to do much strengthening

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 03, 2014, 06:50:34 pm by DRFCSouth »
He will be lucky to keep his job. I just wonder when the original 'criteria' was set how he got to the top of the list. It doesn't say much for the other names that may have been on the list. He was hardly a revelation at Oldham. Most managers get sacked on relegation, that is a fact.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 03, 2014, 06:51:11 pm by timdrfc »

How about Dean Saunders?

NO

Saunders is a class above Flynn, why do you think Flynn didn't get to manage us un the Championship?   

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 03, 2014, 06:55:19 pm by Lifelong supporter »

Enough of the knee-jerkers, stick with Dickov.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 03, 2014, 07:06:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Are people saying keep him just so we don't look like a sacking club or do they genuinely believe he's a good manager?

Either way we're in for a year of mediocrity.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012