Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:25:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A Good Article  (Read 58495 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Re: A Good Article
« Reply #1 on May 31, 2014, 09:52:32 pm by Boomstick »
Good read, the writer sums up the situation perfectly. I think he speaks for the majority of fans

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 31, 2014, 09:57:13 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Indeed he does Boomstick.

Stand by for him to be shot down in flames by the usual suspects though...

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 31, 2014, 10:00:09 pm by BobG »
But who actually IS he? All this first person stuff yet I couldn't see a name of this person anywhere. Did you spot who it is talking? I might get bad ideas if there isn't a name somewhere.

BobG

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 31, 2014, 10:05:08 pm by Dagenham Rover »
But who actually IS he? All this first person stuff yet I couldn't see a name of this person anywhere. Did you spot who it is talking? I might get bad ideas if there isn't a name somewhere.

BobG

Top of the page Bob in the green bit   

May 31, 2014 10:59
        Opinion
        by JamesMcMahon

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/want-louis-tomlinson-one-direction-3629393#ixzz33KUEcS00
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

copied and pasted so it came up with all the other bits

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 31, 2014, 10:07:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
As I've said elsewhere. Ryan is the teeth and Tomlinson the hair in the front of house, media friendly side. Very clever PR. It's certainly won yon correspondent over.

But the question is, who are they fronting for? Who is the person with the REAL money who will be the real owner?

Sad. You know don't you? So why keep on playing f***ing games like this and pretending that it is only about our Saviour and some coiffed little Cowell creation?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 31, 2014, 10:11:37 pm by BobG »
Oh I saw that Daggers. WTF is he though? Is he from Donny? Does he support the Rovers? Is he a journo? What's the reason he can claim to speak for every single Rovers fan as he claims to do?

BobG

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 31, 2014, 10:13:14 pm by StocktonRover »
Says f**k all that impresses me - just one persons view that doesn't match mine.

No doubt I'm one of what you describe as ' the usual suspects" as I don't want JR back.

I just don't trust him any more - this just smacks of SC with a new mask on

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 31, 2014, 10:15:21 pm by River Don »
James McMahon is the fella at Kerrang. He's a Rovers fan and has written a couple of pieces for Viva Rovers in Popular stand.

He fails to mention anything about the good years Rovers have experienced recently in that article.

He paints LT as a saviour when Rovers aren't in any danger and he doesn't mention that actually LT isn't anywhere near as wealthy as the incumbents...

I'm a bit disappointed in McMahon.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 31, 2014, 10:16:33 pm by pib »
Oh I saw that Daggers. WTF is he though? Is he from Donny? Does he support the Rovers? Is he a journo? What's the reason he can claim to speak for every single Rovers fan as he claims to do?

BobG

He's a music journalist. Edits Kerrang magazine I think. And yes, he's a Rovers fan.

Edit - beaten to it by River Don.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 31, 2014, 10:24:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

BobG

He's a music journalist. Edits Kerrang magazine I think. And yes, he's a Rovers fan.

Hey. Right. Stop it right there.

There's been enough piss taking on here lately about what folk do in their private lives.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 31, 2014, 10:26:23 pm by Dagenham Rover »

BobG

Hey. Right. Stop it right there.

There's been enough piss taking on here lately about what folk do in their private lives.

:lol:

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 31, 2014, 10:26:47 pm by Sad-Rovers »
But is he a member of the VSC?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 31, 2014, 10:28:17 pm by River Don »

Dunno,

He's a Leyton Orient season ticket holder, if that's owt.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 31, 2014, 10:30:04 pm by Sad-Rovers »

Dunno,

Poor bas**rd.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 31, 2014, 10:31:31 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Dunno,

Presumably  cos he lives down there I used to go the Daggers more often than not when I was down there

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 31, 2014, 10:32:57 pm by BobG »
Thank you RD/Pib. I didn't know that. He can take his 'all Rovers supporters' b*llocks and shove it where the sun don't shine. At the moment I neither like nor trust his vision of the future. Way too many coincidences. Way too many prepared arguments spread around the usual suspects. Way too convenient support of the ego of a bloke who's time has been and gone. Way too reminiscent of the tactics of Tiny Rowland (though his war was for a good cause of course).

BobG

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 31, 2014, 10:36:30 pm by Sad-Rovers »
I see the TB fan club have dropped any pretence of fighting fair.

A lot of people have seen through you these last few days Bob.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 31, 2014, 10:49:59 pm by Not Now Kato »
Why did I just waste 10 minutes of my life reading that garbage? Anyone who thinks that's good reporting needs a frontal lobotomy, and soon.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 31, 2014, 10:59:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Bob speaks quite well and with wisdom. I, and may Rovers fans I know, who have spoken about this over the last couple of days share his scepticism.

Let's not be going down the road of suggesting this move has overwhelming support as I'm guessing, after the last circus, people are very much reserving judgement until more facts are known.   

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 31, 2014, 11:00:41 pm by wesisback »
Brilliant piece that reflects the majority of Rovers fans opinion outside of 'the bubble'.
It's great to see the events with a positive spin for a change.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 31, 2014, 11:07:37 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Bob speaks quite well and with wisdom. I, and may Rovers fans I know, who have spoken about this over the last couple of days share his scepticism.

Let's not be going down the road of suggesting this move has overwhelming support as I'm guessing, after the last circus, people are very much reserving judgement until more facts are known.

I don't doubt that JR lost a fair amount of support after the last takeover debacle but for someone to then throw the accusations at him that Bob has is beyond the pale.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 31, 2014, 11:11:30 pm by River Don »
Brilliant piece that reflects the majority of Rovers fans opinion outside of 'the bubble'.
It's great to see the events with a positive spin for a change.

I don't actually disagree with most of what he has written, I wouldn't mind Louis Tomlinson being on board at the club at all, if it's the right deal for the club.

What is disappointing is what he misses out. He doesn't mention what has happened to the club since 2006 at all, he doesn't acknowledge that actually we've experienced a lot of success lately as well as a few setbacks.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 31, 2014, 11:12:01 pm by wesisback »

BobG
He's not the only one guilty of that though is he Bob?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 31, 2014, 11:19:20 pm by BobG »
I dunno Wesco.  Who are you thinking of?

If it's me you are trying to stick a barb in, I don't believe I have ever claimed to speak for anyone other than myself. How could I? I have no official position. Like you I suppose.

BobG

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 31, 2014, 11:25:59 pm by wesisback »
Not you personally Bob but James Mcmahon is certainly not the only voice of the fans that acts without getting a real opinion of the majority.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 31, 2014, 11:30:05 pm by dknward2 »
Could we maybe all just wait until we know all the facts then decide with the full information rather than kicking off with each other in what seems to look like a my dogs bigger than your dog playground argument

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 31, 2014, 11:31:48 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Not you personally Bob but James Mcmahon is certainly not the only voice of the fans that acts without getting a real opinion of the majority.

Like this lot you mean?

Quote from: The VSC
The Society’s objects are to benefit the community by:

being the democratic and representative voice of the supporters of the Club and strengthening the bonds between the Club and the communities which it serves

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 31, 2014, 11:36:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Distinguish between representative and representing.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 31, 2014, 11:40:19 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Distinguish between representative and representing.

Someone chosen to act and speak on behalf of a wider group, in this case the group being an ill defined "the supporters".

Current membership of the VSC is around the 350 mark, led by seven(?) directors. Do they represent "the supporters"?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012