Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:30:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Manager selection update  (Read 92503 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Manager selection update
« Reply #990 on May 15, 2021, 10:51:55 am by drfchound »
I don't remember this story about Wellens and Butler trading blows, what was the craic there?

Me neither, hear plenty of people referring to it but can’t remember anything at the time.

It doesn’t ring any bells with me either but if enough people mention it, it gradually becomes an accepted fact.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #991 on May 15, 2021, 11:52:36 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I've heard a variety of accounts of the incident which tend to vary slightly however, I think it’s fair to say that Butler and Wellens may have had a slight disagreement.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #992 on May 15, 2021, 11:56:46 am by ChrisBx »
I've heard a variety of accounts of the incident which tend to vary slightly however, I think it’s fair to say that Butler and Wellens may have had a slight disagreement.

In fairness, this kind of thing is pretty common in football. It shouldn't be a problem now.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #993 on May 15, 2021, 01:29:31 pm by ravenrover »
The only fight I got to hear about, from someone who actually witnessed it was between Wellens and Stock at halftime. Both were subbed and didn't appear 2nd half

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #994 on May 15, 2021, 11:59:48 pm by redandwhitearmy »

Wellens did a interview prior to our game against Charlton in the playoffs where he was praising the job that GM had done.

He then went on to mention having great experienced players like Coppinger and Andy Butler makes a massive difference and how important both have been for us.

I doubt very much he would be praising AB so much if there was any bad blood. There may have been in the past but that's football, it clearly is done and dusted now.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #995 on May 16, 2021, 02:43:45 am by PDX_Rover »
Well, it was a number of years ago and everyone has probably moved on.

Onwards.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012