Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:18:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

New poll

GM
29 (25.2%)
Adkins
15 (13%)
McClaren
19 (16.5%)
Neill
27 (23.5%)
Eustace
13 (11.3%)
Barry
12 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: December 18, 2021, 09:17:50 am

Author Topic: Next DRFC manager.  (Read 39307 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Next DRFC manager.
« Reply #30 on December 15, 2021, 05:37:32 pm by silent majority »
New Poll as the old one is now defunct. 3 names on it are discarded according to Liam Holden.

I have put 6 names on there although apparently only 5 on the short list. We do not know who those 5 are so still complete guess work.

I'd start again if I was you Campsall.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 15, 2021, 05:50:42 pm by MachoMadness »
I sincerely hope it isn't Garry Monk, his reputation is not good and he had odd ties to an agent that cost him one of his Championship jobs, possibly at Middlesbrough.
Always seems to have weirdly acrimonious departures, Monk. Not someone we'd ever want here.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 15, 2021, 06:45:03 pm by Jonathan »
Surely Eustace (if applied) is on the shortlist having got so close before.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 15, 2021, 07:04:58 pm by RoversAlias »
Surely Eustace (if applied) is on the shortlist having got so close before.

He has never managed at league level so won't be on the shortlist if we are to believe the Free Press description. You can rule out the likes of Eustace, Barry and Buckingham now.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 15, 2021, 07:08:57 pm by Dare to dream! »
Eustace turned down the Swansea job so we can dream on.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 15, 2021, 07:17:42 pm by Campsall rover »
He was interviewed when DM was appointed wasn’t he.
So to turn Swansea down suggests he has ideas above his station.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 15, 2021, 07:20:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »

If he applied for our job that can't be true. He might just be picky on where he applies.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on December 15, 2021, 07:21:31 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Not that black and white is it?  Different aims, expectations, personalities, budgets...

Equally a failure to get the job once doesn't mean never.  Situations and people change.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 15, 2021, 07:25:56 pm by steve@dcfd »
He turned down the Swansea job for personal reasons. If he has applied and got an interview for a team in league one and fighting relegation he can’t have ideas above his station or picky.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 15, 2021, 07:28:34 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Would be some pay cut from managing England, assistant at Man Utd to working for Rovers. Steve Mclaren hahahaha

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 15, 2021, 07:30:16 pm by Campsall rover »
He turned down the Swansea job for personal reasons. If he has applied and got an interview for a team in league one and fighting relegation he can’t have ideas above his station or picky.
Exactly that’s why I was curious about the comment on turning Swansea down.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 15, 2021, 07:33:00 pm by Campsall rover »
New Poll as the old one is now defunct. 3 names on it are discarded according to Liam Holden.

I have put 6 names on there although apparently only 5 on the short list. We do not know who those 5 are so still complete guess work.

Who should we have in the poll then SM   I need some help. We have not a clue who the 5 candidates are.
Just guess work.  Do you know anything?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on December 15, 2021, 08:01:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Who should we have in the poll then SM   I need some help. We have not a clue who the 5 candidates are.

He probs does but then, we'd all be lumping on at the bookies if he was to divulge!

A few cryptic clues wouldn't go amis would they!? Ha.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 16, 2021, 12:15:28 am by Chris Black come back »
I sincerely hope it isn't Garry Monk, his reputation is not good and he had odd ties to an agent that cost him one of his Championship jobs, possibly at Middlesbrough.
Always seems to have weirdly acrimonious departures, Monk. Not someone we'd ever want here.

He’s ex Leeds. Wouldn’t want him bringing his cheating Leeds ways to Rovers.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on December 16, 2021, 12:21:48 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Paul Clement just to throw a random name into the mix.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on December 16, 2021, 12:43:54 am by ChrisBx »
Paul Clement just to throw a random name into the mix.

Another who wouldn't be a bad appointment.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on December 16, 2021, 12:54:37 am by BillyStubbsTears »

I wouldn't say no to a reincarnated Billy Bremner.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on December 16, 2021, 06:52:45 am by Upton Rover »
No ambition if we recruit GM

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on December 16, 2021, 08:11:35 am by Pancho Regan »

You could always just not bother having a poll?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on December 16, 2021, 08:59:30 am by Campsall rover »

How many ex Leeds players have played for Rovers over the years.  Many of them gave excellent service and were top players for us.
Plus as BST said one of our best managers Billy Bremner was Leeds Captain through those Revie years.
All Leeds cheats were they. But loved when they were at Rovers.

Our dear CBcb you and a few others really need to get some therapy i think. Oh the hypocrisy.

I would not want Monk as our manager. His few months at Leeds must have turned him into a cheat.

No Monk jumps ship at the sniff of another job offer and has achieved little as a manager.
He is not what we need at Rovers imo.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on December 16, 2021, 09:03:42 am by Campsall rover »

You could always just not bother having a poll?
Probably that’s the most sensible option.  I will not start a 3rd one.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on December 16, 2021, 09:09:06 am by Campsall rover »
Really.

Who should we be going after that will not expect Silly wages and a much larger budget to spend than the club can sensibly afford.

Names please. 

All you do is post anything that comes into your head which is negative about the club.
Try something constructive for once.  So come on let’s have some sensible suggestions.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on December 16, 2021, 09:11:53 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

So, how many of JR'S seven appointments were ambitious? And where did one of his most successful, and probably most important appointment come from? 

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 16, 2021, 09:28:22 am by Campsall rover »

So, how many of JR'S seven appointments were ambitious? And where did one of his most successful, and probably most important appointment come from?
Obviously you mean SOD DBR when you refer to our most important appointment, but it could actually be argued that Dave Penney was the most crucial one.
He got us out of the Conference and out of league 3 ( as it was then, tier 4 ) at the first attempt and then established us as a top half team at our present level over the next 2 seasons.

The jury is out on who was the most important one.  But as you say neither we’re on most supporters radar when JR made those inspired appointments.

We need that kind of inspired appointment now. Let’s hope The board pull out a Christmas cracker with this appointment.
This one is going to be just a vital as any this club has made in the last 20 years imo.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on December 16, 2021, 09:36:13 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Obviously you mean SOD DBR when you refer to our most important appointment, but it could actually be argued that Dave Penney was the most crucial one.
He got us out of the Conference and out of league 3 ( as it was then, tier 4 ) at the first attempt and then established us as a top half team at our present level over the next 2 seasons.

The jury is out on who was the most important one.  But as you say neither we’re on most supporters radar when JR made those inspired appointments.

We need that kind of inspired appointment now. Let’s hope The board pull out a Christmas cracker with this appointment.
This one is going to be just a vital as any this club has made in the last 20 years imo.

Yes, arguably the most important turned out to be Penney. From within, initially chosen to assist Alan Lewer, before being given the job outright after Lewers dismissal.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on December 16, 2021, 09:40:03 am by silent majority »

I'm sure the names will leak out at some point they usually do.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on December 16, 2021, 09:48:10 am by DonnyOsmond »

Tends to be the final 3.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on December 16, 2021, 09:53:38 am by Campsall rover »

Too late to do another poll though SM.   ;)   :)   Probably just as well.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on December 16, 2021, 10:02:54 am by Campsall rover »

Tends to be the final 3.
I am hoping there will be 1 stand out candidate from the 5 and a final 3 will not be required but expect they will want 2 interview opportunities from 3 candidates just to make sure they get what they hope will be the best one. Or at least hopefully turns out to be the best one.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on December 16, 2021, 10:10:25 am by Lincoln Rover »
Chris Hughton.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012