Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:28:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: GM confirmed  (Read 22136 times)

colincramb

• Forum Member
GM confirmed
« on December 29, 2021, 09:32:29 am by colincramb »
So there we have it

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: GM confirmed
« Reply #2 on December 29, 2021, 09:34:04 am by Chris Black come back »
Good luck buddy, you are going to need it!

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 29, 2021, 09:35:02 am by Cramby10 »
Cue the meltdown. Might be best to avoid these platforms for a while whilst all the teddies are thrown out the cots.
Good luck Gary. I for one am behind you.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 29, 2021, 09:35:18 am by DonnyOsmond »
I hope he does well, that'll shut up all the bellends giving him and the board stick for going with him.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 29, 2021, 09:35:38 am by normal rules »
Underwhelming. And un surprising.
I wish him luck.
He needs a miracle.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 29, 2021, 09:36:30 am by roversdude »
Totally agree DO, intrigued as to who the mentor will be

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 29, 2021, 09:37:31 am by roversdude »
Totally behind this and as SM pointed out the salary was the salary so not a cheap option

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 29, 2021, 09:38:22 am by Filo »
Cue the meltdown. Might be best to avoid these platforms for a while whilst all the teddies are thrown out the cots.

t**tter might be full of angry young men today

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 29, 2021, 09:39:01 am by Bezza »
Let's go now,

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 29, 2021, 09:39:12 am by Bentley Bullet »
Ring out the old ring in the new.

Good luck GM.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 29, 2021, 09:39:31 am by DonnyOsmond »
Underwhelming. And un surprising.
I wish him luck.
He needs a miracle.

Wouldn't any new manager need a miracle in our current predicament?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 29, 2021, 09:40:03 am by DonnyOsmond »

t**tter might be full of angry young men today

Bet they all yell "Sack the board" when they cum.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 29, 2021, 09:40:09 am by Donny Exile in York »
Only took a month to appoint internally.  Sums it all up.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 29, 2021, 09:40:15 am by Retdon1 »
I don’t think anyone us giving GM stick but out of 140 applicants, including “house hold names” our board decide to give the job to an U18 coach with zero experience and expect him to lead us through a relegation scrap... good luck to GM but we need a Miracle to stay up

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 29, 2021, 09:41:39 am by mushRTID »
Will back him, seems a top guy but I don’t think he’s what we need at this moment in time. Would be happy to be proven wrong. To be of that opinion is ok isn’t it? As it seems to be if you are against it you are a bad supporter.

Also this advert seems pretty pointless really.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 29, 2021, 09:42:55 am by silent majority »

And if they'd have done it within a week you'd have criticised them for not interviewing lots of other more experienced coaches. Jeez.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 29, 2021, 09:42:58 am by colincramb »
Hope he does well. Gamble for both him and the club but if it works out could be a master stroke.

Only normal I think for some fans (including myself) to have some worries about this but if he was the best Candidate for the role then fair enough

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 29, 2021, 09:43:40 am by Campsall rover »
I am actually quite surprised.

Good luck GM your going to need it.

It will be meltdown on Social media. Think going into hibernation might be wise folks. Get your crash helmets on otherwise,

TommyC

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 29, 2021, 09:44:33 am by TommyC »
I'm behind him all the way and wish him the best of luck. But we're all entitled to critically appraise the appointment. On the face of it it's a poor appointment.

Historically I've always been behind the recent policy of bringing in young up and coming managers. However we're in a relegation dogfight and an experienced head was/is needed. For once I think we should have gone for one of the old managerial merry go round types who will have applied, even if only short term for the rest of this season. DF was the last appointment with significant successful experience that we made and that is the type of manager we should have brought in this time.

I await seing who this "mentor" is as that could be crucial to whether GM succeeds or fails.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 29, 2021, 09:44:43 am by adamtherover »
pep and Jurgen combined would have their work cut out to save us from the drop. Good luck GM, I think you'll need it

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 29, 2021, 09:46:58 am by since-1969 »
Unlike the appointment of Ritchie Wellens this appointment is not a knee jerk reaction or supplement to appease supporter opinions after a very damaging financial year for the club .
This has to be a step in the right direction and even if it follows that due an already very poor start to the season the club does get relegated to L2 , Gary McSheffrey will be given time and support to rebuild quickly to get back up again . I’m am surprised that his obvious abilities  and attitude to his job wasn’t recognised earlier . 

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 29, 2021, 09:48:52 am by steve@dcfd »
Good luck to GMC, he will need it, he will need support, he will need new players he will need a medical and physio department to sort out the 8 injured players we have now. So it’s down to the recruitment team and above to get players we need. Even if GMC gets the best out of the 11 players we had on the field on Saturday we will still continue to lose games.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 29, 2021, 09:49:47 am by Jonathan »
The reaction on social media is utterly disgusting. It’s hard to have to admit this, but we have a fanbase that’s awash with thick, expectant, entitled, moaning clueless d**kheads. If there’s anything that makes me feel increasingly distant from the club then it’s not the club itself, it’s many of the so-called fans.

Gary McSheffrey has done absolutely nothing that warrants this scale of negative reaction. He’s had a distinguished career playing at a higher level than this club has spent most of its history. He’s built up a good reputation with our youth team and he’s stepped up in unbelievably difficult circumstances and now wants to take our club on. We should feel grateful to have someone like that at the helm, not slate him as a cheap option with no basis at all for saying that.

McSheffrey now deserves backing from the Board to get a number of players in that are capable of competing at this level - something he’s lacked as caretaker manager through no fault of his own. Most of all, he deserves support from the supporters.

A look at Twitter makes me want to give up with the club. It’s hard to want to be associated with something that attracts so many brainless offensive imbeciles. But I suppose this is a society issue.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 29, 2021, 09:50:31 am by vaya »

Didn't take a month. Appointed immediately, confirmed subsequently.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 29, 2021, 09:51:07 am by Arsenal Of The North »
All the best to GMS but we could have appointed pep and he still wouldn’t be able to get us out of the situation we’re in. An experienced mentor, a likely new assistant manager and GK coach, let’s hope he surrounds himself with the right people

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 29, 2021, 09:51:22 am by pib »
Good luck GM.

Comes across as a good bloke. I really hope he gets the signings he needs in January. We need 4 or 5 good players in at least.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 29, 2021, 09:51:33 am by Scooter »
I’m pleased with this. I think given time and backing he will do well. I’m been binge watching the class of 92 and I think Gary is chalk and cheese compared to Richie. Gary has the skills to nurture and develop players rather than shout and swear at them.
I’m confident we will stay up. (Dependent on bringing in a decent striker)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 29, 2021, 09:52:40 am by Campsall rover »
Just read on DROS that he want to bring in a mentor and that position will be advertised immediately.
Really pleased GM wants to do that because this is not going to be easy without an experienced ear to call on.

Assistant manager and goalkeeping coach to be announced very shortly.

Think the medical and fitness staff need to be looked at also. We have a problem in that area do we not. Surely 9 players of which 6 would be certain starters out at the same time of which 6 are long term injuries is not just coincidence.
Plus Galbraith ( Covid )

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 29, 2021, 09:52:53 am by Cramby10 »
The reaction on social media is utterly disgusting. It’s hard to have to admit this, but we have a fanbase that’s awash with thick, expectant, entitled, moaning clueless d**kheads. If there’s anything that makes me feel increasingly distant from the club then it’s not the club itself, it’s many of the so-called fans.

Gary McSheffrey has done absolutely nothing that warrants this scale of negative reaction. He’s had a distinguished career playing at a higher level than this club has spent most of its history. He’s built up a good reputation with our youth team and he’s stepped up in unbelievably difficult circumstances and now wants to take our club on. We should feel grateful to have someone like that at the helm, not slate him as a cheap option with no basis at all for saying that.

McSheffrey now deserves backing from the Board to get a number of players in that are capable of competing at this level - something he’s lacked as caretaker manager through no fault of his own. Most of all, he deserves support from the supporters.

A look at Twitter makes me want to give up with the club. It’s hard to want to be associated with something that attracts so many brainless offensive imbeciles. But I suppose this is a society issue.
absolutely spot on. Couldn’t have put it better myself. The average IQ is certainly not strong on there.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012