Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:18:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: steve lomas  (Read 7277 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: steve lomas
« Reply #30 on January 07, 2013, 04:05:44 pm by Metalmicky »
TBF Saunders lost more than he won at Rovers
Lomas would be a great appointment...he's LOST more games than he's won at St Johnstone.
No thanks!

TBF Saunders lost more than he won at Rovers. 

Has anyone considered Phil Parkinson at Bradford......?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 07, 2013, 04:09:43 pm by Derby Viking »
And SOD lost more than he won at Rovers - think this says something about both managers  :)

Hopefully whoever JR brings in will do a good job for us

Herbert Fandel

« Reply #32 on January 07, 2013, 04:12:37 pm by Herbert Fandel »
Hello all, St. Johnstone fan coming in peace with some opinions about Lomas.

Lomas has signed us the best squad Saints have had in years and years. He seems to have good connections and our squad is brilliant on paper.
BUT - the results are poor, the team is always in disarray with no organisation. The team rarely look driven either. Craig Beattie doesn't get a game despite being on a huge salary and supposedly fit, the two seem to be at loggerheads. Lomas is always banned from touchline. In press conferences he destroys confidence by always saying we are overachieving, despite achieveing less than our squad on paper should. He is always asking for more money from the chairman, despite being heavily backed and harming the financial status of the club, then not getting the results to justify it. The local landlords love him, and by all accounts he is nice to punters in pubs. He swears at kids during games. He doesn't play young players

Also he didnt take us to Europe, he took over from DM and did quite well for a bit, but going into the last 5 games we could have finished incredibly high, but we got hammered in every game. We collapsed over the line and as said before, only the cup win got us through.

I want rid of him, and I think you can do much much much better.

That said, there is something about him, just something, that makes me think he could make it one day, and it would be silly for us to let him go. But I doubt it.

I'm sure fellow saintees linked to this page will tear me down.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:15:01 pm by Herbert Fandel »

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 07, 2013, 04:13:37 pm by robchester »
Looking at the latest odds the manager whose odds are dropping is Mark Robins.  Stan James suspended betting on SL earlier but are now taking bets again.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 07, 2013, 04:14:37 pm by Viking Don »
Most of us have been wrong about JR's past candidates so whoever it is let's just all please give him the benefit of the doubt and get behind the new man.

Haha Herbert, thanks for that, he's the manager for me! Any truth to the rumour that he was targeted by Palace, Burnley, Bournemouth?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:19:37 pm by Viking Don »

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 07, 2013, 09:09:28 pm by streatham dave »
Interesting from Herbert. Looking at St Johnstone message board most would be happy to get rid . The Tommy Wright they mention is not the ex rover I've checked.  http://www.weareperth.co.uk/wapforum/index.php?/topic/18383-lomas-to/page__st__60

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 07, 2013, 09:27:14 pm by Akinfenwa »
To be honest, I don't like the idea of this guy at all from what I've read.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 07, 2013, 10:47:26 pm by wilts rover »
Did you know, Lomas has been sent off as many times as our whole squad so far this season. His team have had another 6 red cards. Somehow I doubt it will be him.

dumpweed

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 07, 2013, 11:15:13 pm by dumpweed »
Not a fan of Lomas or his style of play in Scotland.

Doubt he would be able to create a good team in England. Took over art St Johnstone after Derek McInnes left s good team.

Also, very volatile and not a people person.

Terry butcher from the SPL would be a better option.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 07, 2013, 11:17:42 pm by mushRTID »
Not liking the sound of the ginger one.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 08, 2013, 01:31:56 am by RobTheRover »
I had a good chat with Dick Watson at the forum meeting tonight,  and he was insistent that the appointment will not be rushed.  He understood how important the right man was at this time,  which is absolutely correct.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 08, 2013, 09:35:47 am by BobG »
That must imply then, Rob, that they can only be looking for someone who basically plays the same kind of togger as DS? Anything else would both miss the transfer window and wreck the rest of the season.

BobG

KC_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 08, 2013, 09:41:12 am by KC_DRFC »
Steve Lomas 2/5 with Sky Bet.. Looks like hes got the job then

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 08, 2013, 09:47:08 am by rtid88 »
The more I read about Lomas the less I feel that I want him as part of our club! Do we really want a manager that has not got the integrity and respect that he clearly shows that he has not got to receive an 8 match ban?

I love a manager to have passion and to show this from the dug out, but the one thing that we cannot doubt Deano brought with him was the feel good factor and the ability to build confidence and motivate players. From what I am reading Lomas seems to bring the opposite effect!

Not the man for me, plus he's ginger!

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 08, 2013, 03:21:47 pm by nice one rovers »
No way. He looks like a parsnip, people would laugh at us.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 08, 2013, 08:01:39 pm by deebee »
I posted this under St Jonstone fans but I thout I would put it here as well.

As my son lives not more than 500 yards from Perth Rovers ( Sorry St Johnstone ) I have attended several matches. I have often come on here saying which promising  players I have seen ie:-Jason Scotland before Swansea nicked him, only to be shot down. Their last manager now at Bristol City
did a fair job Steve Lomas is again doing a fair job with very limited resources you only have to look at the crowds they get which is less than half ours. They have beaten Celtic on their own patch this season and have done realy well with some very important players out injured. And if you think we have dodgy refs you should see theirs. They also at the moment have a decent young lad worth a look who would make a very good winger/striker just what we need take a look
He's is a relative of Jimmy http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/player.php?param=106 I for one would not be disapointed if Steve Lomas came here.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012