Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:52:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Russell Slade  (Read 2082 times)

RedRover

• Forum Member
Russell Slade
« on January 07, 2013, 08:42:48 pm by RedRover »
My brother just spotted Russell Slade filling his car up at Markham Moor services on A1. Long way from home for the Leyton Orient manager.

A quick look at his track record and managerial stats do look like they would appeal to JR? Has his name even been mentioned for the job?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Drover

• Forum Member
Re: Russell Slade
« Reply #1 on January 07, 2013, 09:07:49 pm by Drover »
I Believe Steve Highfield was/is a fan of his and was eagre to put his name forward for the Rovers Manager previously.Think we have grown a bit as a club since then and dont think he would be the right man for us at the moment.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 07, 2013, 09:14:58 pm by MachoMadness »
Didn't he used to be Scarborough manager? I don't think the me of 10 years ago would appreciate this appointment very much!

Stantheredandwhiteman

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 07, 2013, 09:15:58 pm by Stantheredandwhiteman »
No no no, hed be a poor appointment imo.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 07, 2013, 09:20:48 pm by RedRover »
I wouldn't want to see him as our next manager but reading through his record, he does look like the kind of man JR might fancy. Rob Jones has worked under him at Grimsby too. Maybe he's recommended him to JR?

Of course he could be in the area for other reasons, just passing through and there is the possibility my brother was mistaken and it wasn't him.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 07, 2013, 09:24:09 pm by MachoMadness »
To be fair he is the sort of leftfield name we could expect, done well in the lower leagues on a shoestring and doesn't necessarily attract a lot of media. Don't think it'll be him, but that sort of name. Does just make me think of all those amazing derbies we had with Scarborough back in the conference though.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 07, 2013, 09:28:58 pm by vaya »
To be fair he is the sort of leftfield name we could expect, done well in the lower leagues on a shoestring and doesn't necessarily attract a lot of media. Don't think it'll be him, but that sort of name. Does just make me think of all those amazing derbies we had with Scarborough back in the conference though.

Boxing Day, blatting down the A64 with The Music blaring out. Took them apart 5-2.

Big Fat Daddy Heartbreaker

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 09, 2013, 10:21:42 am by Big Fat Daddy Heartbreaker »
I loved the games against Scarborough! One of my fondest memories was when Mike Newell was having a bad game and was being slated for most of the game by our fans, he then had a coming together and hit their player and got sent off so the Rovers fans then sang "theres only one Mike Newell" as he did the walk of shame, ha ha brilliant!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 09, 2013, 10:39:20 am by the vicar »
wont be for the job interviewing is not till next week at the earliest lol

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 09, 2013, 10:40:22 am by wilts rover »
His tenure at Yeovil was 'tempetuous' I understand. I would be suprised if he was the type of manager JR was looking for.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012