Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:16:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: St. Johnstone fans...  (Read 2600 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
St. Johnstone fans...
« on January 07, 2013, 11:38:56 pm by Red Rover »
Don't seem too gutted at the thought of Lomas leaving on their forum. A few saying they won't be gutted, some say they'll wave him off, progressed as far as they can under him and some saying they can't see why team are that interested in him  :ermm:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: St. Johnstone fans...
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2013, 12:05:52 am by dickos1 »
Similar to what Bournemouth fans said about sod and Wrexham about Saunders.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2013, 12:07:27 am by RobTheRover »
Up and coming manager. Best days are ahead of him.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2013, 12:33:58 am by Donnybax »
Did they mention what sort of football he plays, how he sets his team up?

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 08, 2013, 08:26:47 am by Rios »
Just looked on their forum, which appears to be about as busy as AFC Goole's.  They seem to be quite keen to get rid but any manager that can take St Johnstone to a top half finish and european qualification and then continue to keep them there this season hasn't taken them as far as he can, he's taken them as far as is realistically possible.  Some people really do deserve what they wish for.

Oh and no Scottish football bashing?  Well for all you St Johnstone fans lurking and reporting back... it's shit and that's coming from a fellow Scot.  The fact that talented, young managers from the top division are even considering managing pokey 3rd division pub teams like us or the inbred dingles up the road just shows what a state it's in at the moment.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 08, 2013, 08:43:31 am by AbsolutDRFC »
Steve Lomas; it does make perfect sense......

As Donny is still part of Scotland, if we recruit a manager from the SPL (who's team is in a European qualification spot), then we inherit their position for the final European shake up.

Bottom line = DRFC in the Champions League next season  :lol:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 08, 2013, 10:46:29 am by Filo »
Just looked on their forum, which appears to be about as busy as AFC Goole's.  They seem to be quite keen to get rid but any manager that can take St Johnstone to a top half finish and european qualification and then continue to keep them there this season hasn't taken them as far as he can, he's taken them as far as is realistically possible.  Some people really do deserve what they wish for.

Oh and no Scottish football bashing?  Well for all you St Johnstone fans lurking and reporting back... it's shit and that's coming from a fellow Scot.  The fact that talented, young managers from the top division are even considering managing pokey 3rd division pub teams like us or the inbred dingles up the road just shows what a state it's in at the moment.

Even fans of a wee club in a wee Country that`s  administered from England are calling us Doncaster fecking Rovers!

Herbert Fandel

« Reply #7 on January 08, 2013, 11:06:29 am by Herbert Fandel »

I'm sorry but that shows a huge misunderstanding of the current SPL. I'll give you the SPL is shit bit, as its accurate enough, but the first paragraph is total nonsense.

This isn't the old 2 team spl of old, with teams likes hearts and aberdeen historically strong. This is a 1 team SPL, with hearts bankrupt and Dundee Utd in some kind of inexplicable disarray.

This means that a squad as strong on paper as ours has every right to be looking at 2nd place. Lomas (and moreso our Chairman) deserve great credit for how good a squad we have, it is arguably the best in the non-celtic league. Dundee Utd's is good but can't play, and Aberdeen have great experience but are about 5 years late in the legs.

We should be doing better, performances are terrible recently.

You would have been right had you said be careful what you wish for though, as for all I think Lomas isn't doing very well as manager, I struggle to see how we could get anyone better, unlike yourselves

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 08, 2013, 01:23:35 pm by Rios »
Sorry Herbert, but your current crowds (which are half of ours for all the doom mongers on here!) suggest that you're over-achieving regardless of those around you.  Most of us here thought we'd reached the pinnacle of where our crowds and infrastructure could realistically take us when we got to mid-table in the Championship.  Yes a miracle could happen and we could have sneaked into the play-offs but this would have been a massive bonus, not something to chastise the manager with.  As someone who still watches football when I'm back home (Ayr United) I'm well aware of the issues and regardless of how shit your football might be, I think you're at as good a level as you should expect.  Anything more is a bonus.

Oh and for those on your forum... Donny Fecking Rovers?  I'd rather be a small fish in an ocean than a small fish in a fish tank.  Nobodies heard of either of us and just because you're sixth in the increasingly mickey-mouse SPL doesn't change that.

Herbert Fandel

« Reply #9 on January 08, 2013, 01:34:28 pm by Herbert Fandel »
I'm well aware of the issues and regardless of how shit your football might be, I think you're at as good a level as you should expect.  Anything more is a bonus.

I agree with this part, but it differs from your previous statement. We are at a good level for what we should expect. We can realistically go much higher, up to 2nd. Attendances don't mean anything for this season. Indeed ours are rubbish, but our squad is signed up for the season, the players have contracts and a good manager would get them results on the pitch. 2nd is a realistic expectation for our squad this season. If attendances mean we have to downsize next year, that might change.

RE the doncaster comments, even the most fanatic saints fan knows you are bigger. happy?
Its all moot now as lomas's odds got longer
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 02:15:05 pm by Herbert Fandel »

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 08, 2013, 02:02:45 pm by The L J Monk »
One of the oldest and bitterest rivalries in Association Football is rearing its ugly head again.

Even Barca and Real, Celtic and Rangers transfer players every now and again. Rovers and St Johnstone though...

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 08, 2013, 07:47:13 pm by deebee »
As my son lives not more than 500 yards from Perth Rovers ( Sorry St Johnstone ) I have attended several matches. I have often come on here saying which promising  players I have seen ie:-Jason Scotland before Swansea nicked him, only to be shot down. Their last manager now at Bristol City
did a fair job Steve Lomas is again doing a fair job with very limited resources you only have to look at the crowds they get which is less than half ours. They have beaten Celtic on their own patch this season and have done realy well with some very important players out injured. And if you think we have dodgy refs you should see theirs. They also at the moment have a decent young lad worth a look who would make a very good winger/striker just what we need take a look
He's is a relative of Jimmy http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/player.php?param=106 I for one would not be disapointed if Steve Lomas came here.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012