Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:21:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Richie Barker  (Read 1290 times)

Alonzo Drake

• Forum Member
Richie Barker
« on January 08, 2013, 04:37:53 am by Alonzo Drake »
Worth a punt, as they say....a Sheffield boy, and a young manager with a short but successful record in lower league management at Bury and Crawley. He can be forgiven for his playing spell at Millmoor, I suppose, but he has South Yorkshire roots, and his background and experience fits a JR profile of a manager I think.

I actually saw Barker score against us -- a penalty in an awful Rovers performance in the FA Cup at Mansfield in 2006, when a Stock wonder goal in injury time forced a replay. There were many calls for SOD's head after that performance -- and it is a coincidence that Barker took over at Crawley when SOD left them for greener pastures at Forest.

Our pastures in Donny are much greener than those in Essex, so Barker would see this as a return home -- even though folk from Deedahcity Dingletown, Rotherscumland and Delightfuldonnytown all detest each other intensely(and rightly so), we are all very proud to be South Yorkshiremen -- and that local passion may add a cutting edge to a Barker-led management team.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoveronM18

• Forum Member
Re: Richie Barker
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2013, 08:05:06 pm by RoveronM18 »
Didn't he move to Crawley cos his family are from Brighton! Though I am sure he used to live in Aston when manager at Bury!  :saywhat:

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Richie Barker
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2013, 08:27:21 pm by dickos1 »
He's from Sheffield, I used to play with his brother Chris, who incidentally plays for Plymouth now and used to play for barnsley

TinyPortal © 2005-2012