Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:09:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: On this day  (Read 1156 times)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
On this day
« on January 08, 2013, 05:45:22 am by Mr1Croft »
http://ktfblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/8th-january-on-this-day/

Might bring back some memories for you good folk out there, if not might be an alternative than anxiously spending all day awaiting news on the manager front that might never come.

:scarf: :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LongbridgeMGRover

Re: On this day
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2013, 07:07:52 am by LongbridgeMGRover »
Thanks for this. For me that afternoon game against Liverpool in the cup is a wonderful memory and well worth having to face the Headmaster of Doncaster Grammar School the following day for ignoring the dire warnings about thus being an act of truancy. In some ways though it was a disappointment after the draw at Anfield which we so nearly won in the last minute. This for me was life changing. I saw that if you believed and went for it, then anything in life was possible. And i always believed in the Rovers and had years of ridicule because of it. This Liverpool experience also had the effect of changing the course of my life as i then decided to put Liverpool down on my University application form. I spent three years in that city and still have a scar on my face as a reminder!!!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2013, 09:12:34 am by idler »
Those were the days. A replay three or four days after the original tie and pay on the gate.
I wonder how many were really there. Me and the mates from Rgot :scarf:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2013, 09:16:16 am by idler »
Me and the mates from Rockware glass had the Saturdat night shift off after the away game off and drove straight to Sheffield from Liverpool. Got up early then on the Tuesday. A great atmosphere but as against most good teams you only get one chance. :scarf:
Unforgettable though.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 08, 2013, 01:49:16 pm by Mr1Croft »
Glad you enjoyed the read!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012