Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:15:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Our next manager speculation posts - another polite notice  (Read 6156 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
There's no suppression of freedom of speech, simply put it in the place requested. I think that's a fair thing to ask. 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Re: Our next manager speculation posts - another polite notice
« Reply #31 on January 08, 2013, 11:23:53 pm by Not Now Kato »
But then it's not freely available to Rovers supporters who, for whatever reason, do not wish to become members of the forum, (or are lurking, to assess the value of the forum before becoming members), yet are very interested in what is happening at the club.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 08, 2013, 11:28:21 pm by MachoMadness »
This is nowt to do with freedom of speech though, it's just moving stuff from one place to another out of common sense. Actually, this forum is one of the most lightly-moderated I've seen. I used to be a mod on a site where any political or religious discussion was banned (this is actually a very common practice), and any name-calling or insults of any kind were a warning. That approach definitely worked, though I imagine it wouldn't go down very well here as the userbase is very different.

The whole freedom of speech on the internet thing doesn't fly with me, though. Deleting a thread is in no way impeaching your basic human rights, and to be honest I found it incredibly offensive when someone would suggest otherwise (not having a go at anyone in particular here, btw). Internet access is a privilege, as is using it to post on someone else's forum, under someone else's rules. I think if people felt less entitled, and looked at how lucky we are to even have these forums, we might all start having a bit more respect for one another, but I'm in danger of getting on a soapbox here so I'll leave it at that.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 09, 2013, 12:09:25 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good word respect. If the dress code required a tie, then I think I would wear the tie. 

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 09, 2013, 12:40:27 am by silent majority »
What it means is people who are privy to sensitive information should keep quiet. And I'd include divulging the reasons for O'Driscoll turning Barnsley down in that.

If it was being privy to sensitive information then I would agree, but it wasn't, its become public knowledge.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 09, 2013, 09:39:55 am by The L J Monk »
I'm sure Sean will be delighted that his official statement has been contradicted by someone inside Barnsley so quickly.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 09, 2013, 11:36:31 am by Rovers Return »
I'm sure Sean will be delighted that his official statement has been contradicted by someone inside Barnsley so quickly.

Aaaahhhh bless, poor old Sean

TinyPortal © 2005-2012