Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:40:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Schoolboy Behaviour  (Read 4288 times)

raggytash

• Forum Member
Schoolboy Behaviour
« on January 08, 2013, 03:53:39 pm by raggytash »
Is it just me, or is there certain people on here who have a us and them attitude??

Dont mention anything about future managers on this board?? wtf? It can only be mentioned in the VSC members only bit??

Names banded about? oh yes im quite sure, Abromovich will be studying this site in great detail and all said managers will be on Chelseas staff tomorrow.

So Tucker Jenkins and Zammo have a think eh? a fans forum is just that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Schoolboy Behaviour
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2013, 03:58:26 pm by Donnywolf »
Is it just me, or is there certain people on here who have a us and them attitude??

Dont mention anything about future managers on this board?? wtf? It can only be mentioned in the VSC members only bit??
Names banded about? oh yes im quite sure, Abromovich will be studying this site in great detail and all said managers will be on Chelseas staff tomorrow.

So Tucker Jenkins and Zammo have a think eh? a fans forum is just that.

Only 6 posts in Members only since 23rd December so its not exactly a hotbed of activity is it ?

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2013, 03:59:07 pm by The L J Monk »
I think it's a bit much when threads are being locked. Such an action will only fuel speculation.

It's also pretty pointless when the same topics are being discussed on Twitter.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2013, 03:59:30 pm by DRNaith »
The area in which these potential managers should be discussed is not a members only area.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 08, 2013, 04:10:04 pm by wing commander »
I was just about to say that Naith...

But maybe you could consider joining the vsc (who pay for the forum) and are working hard with noticable results to help both ourselves and the club....Then of course you could see where you wanted..:-)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 08, 2013, 04:14:13 pm by Viking Don »
How can anyone tell if a poster is a VSC member? Just wondering, cos I am but there doesn't seem to be anything saying I am anywhere.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 08, 2013, 04:16:43 pm by Filo »
Maybe you should consider some of the names mentioned are already employed, and it`s disrespectful to the clubs concerned to air some of these names in public.

And if you want access members only areas then join the VSC, rather than be like a schoolboy and moan that you can`t see it!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 08, 2013, 04:18:38 pm by bobjimwilly »
How can anyone tell if a poster is a VSC member? Just wondering, cos I am but there doesn't seem to be anything saying I am anywhere.

the vsc badges underneath your username to the left of your posts instead of footballs

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 08, 2013, 04:19:16 pm by MachoMadness »
Nowt to do with us and them, rumours go in the rumour mill (which isn't VSC members only anyway) as they can be potentially damaging to all parties concerned, and actually have been in the past. It's common sense to me. I don't understand what's so hard to grasp about that unless you have a severe inferiority complex.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 08, 2013, 04:23:24 pm by The L J Monk »
And how is it "disrespectful" to discuss possible candidates for the job? The average fan on here has no inside knowledge, so why is idle speculation frowned upon? Only through the actions of those "in the know" - i.e. locking threads - is this speculation lent any credibility.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 08, 2013, 04:34:37 pm by Filo »
And how is it "disrespectful" to discuss possible candidates for the job? The average fan on here has no inside knowledge, so why is idle speculation frowned upon? Only through the actions of those "in the know" - i.e. locking threads - is this speculation lent any credibility.

I don`t see what yours or the OP`s problem is, all we`re asking is for posters to place things in the appropriate section, which you can access, why is that such a big issue with you?

It`s not like we`re asking you for money or something...........

.......but if you`d like to join the VSC then feel free ;)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 08, 2013, 04:36:07 pm by The L J Monk »
Putting things in the right section is fine - I have no issue with that.

My query is, why lock a thread? (which has now been unlocked again)

sheffieldROVER

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 08, 2013, 04:41:18 pm by sheffieldROVER »
I bet lomax and robins are pissing them selves reading this tripe :clapping: were not all so serious in donny mr robins and mr coyle. Ha ha ha get a grip people

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 08, 2013, 04:42:12 pm by Filo »
Putting things in the right section is fine - I have no issue with that.

My query is, why lock a thread? (which has now been unlocked again)

You`ve got me there, I did n`t know any had been locked, I`ve been out for a couple of hours

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 08, 2013, 04:45:56 pm by The L J Monk »
The plot thickens...

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 08, 2013, 04:57:05 pm by Katesby »
Maybe you should consider some of the names mentioned are already employed, and it`s disrespectful to the clubs concerned to air some of these names in public.

And if you want access members only areas then join the VSC, rather than be like a schoolboy and moan that you can`t see it!

So so cringe worthy. Its Football, speculation and rumour is part and parcel of it. Do you think teams such as Burnley and Sheffield United gave a toss when they were after O'Driscoll?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 08, 2013, 05:14:43 pm by bobjimwilly »
You've asked us why we've move a couple of threads to the Rumour Mill, we've answered. Whether or not you agree with our answers is neither here nor there.

Anyone else want to carry on moaning about this?

:headbang:

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 08, 2013, 05:18:03 pm by FuzzyDuck »
The Rumour Mill
A nice safe place to discuss rumours and speculation without FLJs watching!

It says it all doesn't it?  I'd estimate 50% of threads posted on here (this section) were .  I'm guessing that this section is open to all and the rumour mill is open to forum members only.  A journo could still join the VSC to look in there, but at least he has the palaver of doing that and the screening process that goes with it.

On VSC membership, it's £12 a year and they even let you pay monthly.  Frankly, I don't know why everyone doesn't join and then there couldn't be any "them and us" .  At that price, it's hardly an exclusive club.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 08, 2013, 05:28:36 pm by Filo »
The only folk that seem to be making an issue of this are the one`s that are not members of the VSC and contribute nothing to the financial upkeep of the site. the other Mods will verify this, I argued vigorously in favour of keeping this site free access for all rovers fans, but when I see people moaning while having a free ride, I sometimes wonder why I bothered!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 08, 2013, 05:47:39 pm by The L J Monk »
You've asked us why we've move a couple of threads to the Rumour Mill, we've answered. Whether or not you agree with our answers is neither here nor there.
 :headbang:

I haven't asked that.

I have asked why a thread was locked. No one has answered that.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 08, 2013, 05:58:55 pm by silent majority »
As far as I am aware no thread has been locked.

As for being 'In the Know', the only people who are aware of what is happening is the shareholders and Gavin, and as yet none of them have moderator rights on this board!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 08, 2013, 06:00:52 pm by Mr1Croft »
The answer is because LJ we do not know. In our moderation log there is no record of it being locked (and entries in there cannot be deleted from the system until they are 24 hours old). The only record we have is of it being moved from this board to the appropriate section, which I'm guessing may have resulted in it being locked due to a system. It was never an intention of any of the moderators or the VSC Board to start locking threads and this one is a mystery, as soon as it was brought to our attention we unlocked it again.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 08, 2013, 06:06:04 pm by The L J Monk »
The answer is because LJ we do not know. In our moderation log there is no record of it being locked (and entries in there cannot be deleted from the system until they are 24 hours old). The only record we have is of it being moved from this board to the appropriate section, which I'm guessing may have resulted in it being locked due to a system. It was never an intention of any of the moderators or the VSC Board to start locking threads and this one is a mystery, as soon as it was brought to our attention we unlocked it again.

And yet all those other threads you moved over weren't afflicted by the same system problem.  Puzzling indeed.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 08, 2013, 06:11:18 pm by Mr1Croft »
L J I can assure there is no way any one of the moderators can lock a thread and then remove it from the moderation log before the 24 hour period. That is coded into the system and none of us can overwrite it.

As I have said once it was identified it was dealt with and we are looking into why it was locked. We apologize for any inconvenience...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 08, 2013, 06:14:35 pm by silent majority »
 :facepalm:  Sigh!!! 

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 08, 2013, 06:16:32 pm by The L J Monk »
Lovely, thank you Crofty.

SM - not so much.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 08, 2013, 07:22:53 pm by normal rules »

The sensitive "information" that is being discussed on this forum is as a result of some who simply cannot keep their own shite to themselves.
Those who are in the inner circle and i am talking about the keepmoat 3 plus Gavin Baldwin will know the exact ins and outs of who they want/who has applied and who is eligible to be the next manager.

On top of that you have the following:
Club Secretary: Phil Hough

Administration: Suzanne Uttley
Finance Director: Lee Ferraby

Accounts Manager: Dave Grant

Accounts Office: Debbie Nelson, Kelly Craddock

Commercial Manager: Andrew Whitham

Commercial Executives: Danny Ireland, Anna Boyes

Media Manager: Steve Uttley

Media Executive: Masroor Ahmed

Marketing Manager: Shaun Lockwood

Marketing Executive: Jade Sims

Supporters Liaison Officer: Charles Swallow

All/most of these will be privvy to "inside" information.
Al/most of  these persons will have friends and family that inadvertently will no doubt become aware of "information"
Add to that the media/radio persons who have a vested interest in Rovers and have those in the know on speed dial then very quickly you have literally hundreds who very quickly get a heads up on rumours and gossip/fact.

Its not disrespect, whether persons are employed or not. Yes its good old fashioned decorum not to discuss someone getting a job somewhere else when they are already employed by others but this happens up and down the country every minute in both the private and public sector.

why is it ok for the press/radio/media to talk about it but not supporters of the club who have its nest interests at heart.

in the 21st century there are no real secrets when you are in the public eye as all football league clubs are.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 08, 2013, 08:47:09 pm by wing commander »
I applaud you Mr Croft for your patience....personaly I would have told him to stop being a nit picking clown but thats why your diplomacy director :thumbsup:...Monk i'm speechless you have more front than brighton.. :thumbdown:

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 08, 2013, 09:34:14 pm by The L J Monk »
Monk i'm speechless you have more front than brighton.. :thumbdown:

For asking why a thread had been locked?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012