Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:14:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Get in Bradford  (Read 2236 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Get in Bradford
« on January 08, 2013, 09:32:49 pm by Dagenham Rover »
 :woohoo:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnypaul

• Forum Member
Re: Get in Bradford
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2013, 09:34:25 pm by donnypaul »
if JR  was hoping to get there manager dont think he would come now

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2013, 09:35:10 pm by afro goal machine »
Lambert out
Saunders in !

paddy hoops

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2013, 09:51:08 pm by paddy hoops »
It was a brilliant header for the last Bradford goal! Aston Villa are absolutely shocking.

COME ON YOU HOOOOOPS!!!! :scarf:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 08, 2013, 10:34:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
At least we beat em 3 nowt. No seriously that's a very impressive result to take in to the second leg of a semi.

A mate of mine a Bradford supporter in the earlier rounds promised his son he'd stay away due to his abysmal record when he goes. What a nightmare not to be there.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 08, 2013, 10:41:10 pm by Not Now Kato »
Great result, well done Bradford.  Good to see another Yorkshire club doing well and, given the money they are making from their cup run, hopefully DRFC will take the various cups a little more seriously in the future than they have over the last couple of years.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 08, 2013, 11:30:29 pm by podrover73 »
Lambert out
Saunders in !

I think he would consider it

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 09, 2013, 12:19:47 am by MachoMadness »
Great result for them. If they somehow end up winning this thing do they end up in Europe?

Does bring back mixed memories of our cup run, and what might have been. FFS Heffs just keep it in the corner for 30 seconds!

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 09, 2013, 12:22:39 am by Pintolager »
Great result for them. If they somehow end up winning this thing do they end up in Europe?

Does bring back mixed memories of our cup run, and what might have been. FFS Heffs just keep it in the corner for 30 seconds!

I was thinking if they lost to Chelsea, would they be in europe? Seeing as Chelsea are likely to be in the Champions League.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 09, 2013, 12:44:53 am by BobG »
I have a feeling they wouldn't be. Some rule got introduced, I think, a few years back that excludes lower league teams from European competition in favour of whoever was the highest placed losing team. I don't know the detail of it. In fact I could have imagined the whole thing. But there's another of those little bells tinkling....

BobG

MartinB

« Reply #10 on January 09, 2013, 12:57:26 am by MartinB »
I know he never got on the pitch tonight but Ricky Ravenhill has had some great cup matches:

v's Man City (with both Rovers & Notts County), V's Villa (with both Rovers & Bradford) V's Arsenal (sort of with Rovers & Bradford) V's Wigan (Notts County) v's Sunderland (Notts County) v's Ipswich (Rovers L2 vs Championship side) 

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 09, 2013, 01:12:45 am by Akinfenwa »
Birmingham had a European adventure last year whilst in the Championship due to winning the League Cup and being relegated the same season. Whether the powers that be would 'lower themselves' to let a League 2 club represent England in Europe or not is a bit different I guess. I'm not aware of any rule preventing it though so I guess Bradford would qualify if they won the League Cup.

And I don't think the League Cup runner-up has ever been awarded a European place if the winner had qualified elsewhere. In that situation they'd give an extra Europa League place to the Premier League instead. The FA Cup used to though (remember Millwall v Man Utd a few years back, they were in Europe the following season) but I don't think they do anymore.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 09, 2013, 03:01:18 am by DaveOfDonny »
Fantastic result, One more leg and the final!

Has a league 2/Division 3 team ever made it to the final before?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 09, 2013, 03:09:37 am by RoversAlias »
What league Bradford are in won't affect their chances of European qualification.

I cannot remember if they actually installed that rule changing that runners-up wouldn't get in. Stoke got in as runners-up in the F.A. Cup as recently as 2011/12 so maybe they still do.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 09, 2013, 03:23:07 am by Akinfenwa »
What league Bradford are in won't affect their chances of European qualification.

I cannot remember if they actually installed that rule changing that runners-up wouldn't get in. Stoke got in as runners-up in the F.A. Cup as recently as 2011/12 so maybe they still do.

You are right actually, FA Cup runner-up can qualify for Europe but not League Cup runner-up. I was thinking of Portsmouth, they didn't qualify when they got relegated but lost to Chelsea in the 2010 final. I just looked it up, it turns out that the only reason why was because they went into administration and the FA didn't allow them a UEFA license.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 09, 2013, 10:04:51 am by idler »
Fantastic result, One more leg and the final!

Has a league 2/Division 3 team ever made it to the final before?
Swindon beat Arsenal in the final as a 3rd division team.
QPR also beat WBA didn't they as well in the final as well about the same time?

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 09, 2013, 10:27:18 am by DaveOfDonny »
I learn something everyday on this board :D I'll have a look on wiki  :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012