Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:30:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It's all about Memories  (Read 905 times)

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
It's all about Memories
« on January 08, 2013, 10:56:04 pm by Tiddysdad »
We've had both styles of football under both DS and SOD but I don't think that either of them could adapt having steared their boat in a certain direction. But we have had great times [and bad] but as someone said at the Forum football is about memories.

My memories will always be of going to the two major stadiums and winning under SOD but under DS it will now only be of the miserable season we had last year. Not the great 6 months this season. Because for a new manager to come in now, it may look straight forward, and get us promotion because of our present position it will be his and the teams season.

what will your memories be of DS?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: It's all about Memories
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2013, 10:58:11 pm by RedJ »
Mine will be the fantastic days out at the likes of Peterborough and West Ham (I'm not classifying them the same in terms of club, but you follow if you went). Forest, too.

I'll remember him for the hope he gave us even though we all knew it was hopeless, which is daft in a way. But that's why I'll remember him.

Hopefully I'll have the first half of what turns out to be a record breaking season - and even more hopefully, a title winning one.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2013, 11:00:43 pm by Mr1Croft »
Giving us the most comfortable opening game of the season in a long while.

:thumbsup:

coppsisgod

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2013, 11:57:26 pm by coppsisgod »
I will always remember him for allowing us to become a joke club filled with mercenaries that completely lost our identity and got relegated. Which is unfortunate because he has built a great squad this season and instilled a good team spirit.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 09, 2013, 12:05:23 am by dickos1 »
If you want to blame people for that, then that's fine but it shouldn't be Saunders your blaming.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 09, 2013, 12:22:05 am by MachoMadness »
I'll remember him putting together a team that got me to the ground with a smile on my face, knowing we had every chance of winning. I'd forgotten what that felt like, now I feel like a lot of fans take it for granted.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 09, 2013, 12:50:49 am by ditch_drfc »
For Saunders it's knowing that when we go 1-0 down, we can still come back; fighting spirit.

It's probably a bit too soon for me to have fair and measured memories of O'Driscoll. Right now I still remember the 19 games without a win and the 88th minute substitutions. Of course, I remember the days out too and the wonderful football. But I think a bit more water needs to pass under the bridge before the pain of getting turned over once again in injury time has vanished from my memory completely.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012