Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:01:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Surfer Flag  (Read 1974 times)

RoverBB

• Forum Member
Re: New Surfer Flag
« Reply #30 on April 24, 2024, 08:37:05 pm by RoverBB »
Not being funny but if previous flags have either been lost or are in storage and not used then why ask for another? I gave money to the previous one - was it black bank barmy army or something - and will also give to this. But you're telling me we've got flags and banners already that could be used but aren't? Viva rovers, the one call insurance giant kit.

The black bank waiving flags are still in the stadium. We bring them out every now and again, there were 4 of us that used to arrange everything and I would take charge, organise everything with the club etc. Rest assured they will all be out on play off semi final day but I. Wed someone to take all the planning away from me when I do t make it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 24, 2024, 08:46:42 pm by silent majority »
We dont use the surfer flags we already have, not sure why we'd need another.

My understanding was the club had misplaced them? I was hoping to get the VSC one out a few times after our discussion a year back or so but alas it wasn’t in the stadium (or at least that was what I was told anyway)

It’s still there Matty.

As is the Rover’s shirt flag that we bought.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 24, 2024, 08:49:30 pm by drfchound »
Going back to the Southend home semi final, it was incredible to see all the flags that had been put out for the fans, across all three of our sides of the stadium.
Would it be too expensive to do that again?

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 24, 2024, 08:49:58 pm by RoverBB »

My understanding was the club had misplaced them? I was hoping to get the VSC one out a few times after our discussion a year back or so but alas it wasn’t in the stadium (or at least that was what I was told anyway)

It’s still there Matty.

All three out for Wembley?

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 24, 2024, 08:52:39 pm by RoverBB »
Going back to the Southend home semi final, it was incredible to see all the flags that had been put out for the fans, across all three of our sides of the stadium.
Would it be too expensive to do that again?

If we said 10,000 flags for a total stadium sell out, you would be looking in the region of £40K

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 24, 2024, 08:56:44 pm by silent majority »
Pity the people who know we already have all this stuff and more importantly know where it is and know it’s still usable don’t pipe up about it until someone else is proactive and takes the initiative to do something positive.

That doesn’t make any sense. We’re only mentioning that we already have flags that don’t get used, and we’ve also had further collections to buy more flags that didn’t get purchased.

I know for a fact the VSC donated £250 to the last collection and nothing was purchased.

So it’s not a reaction to somebody doing something ‘positive’ as you say, because we’ve all done that positive thing before. What we’re saying is why are we doing this again when it’s not about flags, it’s about having the people to carry out the tasks.

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 24, 2024, 09:00:59 pm by RoverBB »
Pity the people who know we already have all this stuff and more importantly know where it is and know it’s still usable don’t pipe up about it until someone else is proactive and takes the initiative to do something positive.

That doesn’t make any sense. We’re only mentioning that we already have flags that don’t get used, and we’ve also had further collections to buy more flags that didn’t get purchased.

I know for a fact the VSC donated £250 to the last collection and nothing was purchased.

So it’s not a reaction to somebody doing something ‘positive’ as you say, because we’ve all done that positive thing before. What we’re saying is why are we doing this again when it’s not about flags, it’s about having the people to carry out the tasks.

I personally was the one who purchased them with that crowdfunder Martin btw so definitely know they were bought.

Definitely need to address the situation with when I’m not there. Good thing is though, my oldest is now getting to the age where he’s getting into football so it’ll mean I have a lot more Saturdays in the Eco-Power going forward

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 24, 2024, 09:06:20 pm by silent majority »
I just think you need to be a bit more careful here Matty. If you intend using photos and images then you’ll fall foul of copyright issues. It’s become a major problem in the last couple of years for all supporter organisations who have in the past thought they had been careful.

At the very least you need to chat with the club and get clearance otherwise they could also be held responsible.

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 24, 2024, 09:11:46 pm by RoverBB »
I just think you need to be a bit more careful here Matty. If you intend using photos and images then you’ll fall foul of copyright issues. It’s become a major problem in the last couple of years for all supporter organisations who have in the past thought they had been careful.

At the very least you need to chat with the club and get clearance otherwise they could also be held responsible.

Also true too. Copyright is a bit of a bugger to get around, but I would consider this to fall under fair use as it’s not advertising or anything. I believe the photos I have used were all taken either by the club photographers or the Doncaster Free Press so worst case, it’s a chat with them. I will be ratifying that before anything gets produced.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 09:21:02 pm by RoverBB »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 24, 2024, 09:24:41 pm by RobTheRover »

I was just thinking the same - where are all the previous big flags?
Does anybody know?

Yes, the 'In Rovers We Trust' flag is in the usual place, the groundsmen's area of the stadium, along with other smaller ones.

Anyone taking it to Gillingham? If not, I will.

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 24, 2024, 09:25:50 pm by RoverBB »

Does anybody know?

Yes, the 'In Rovers We Trust' flag is in the usual place, the groundsmen's area of the stadium, along with other smaller ones.

I’d love to see it there too. But you’d have to contact the club to ensure it’s permitted first

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 24, 2024, 09:34:54 pm by Iberian Red »

It’s still there Matty.

Don't jump the gun and shoot your load too soon!
Saturday first,then if all goes well two more games.

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 24, 2024, 09:41:24 pm by RoverBB »

It’s still there Matty.

Don't jump the gun and shoot your load too soon!
Saturday first,then if all goes well two more games.

Keeping the faith! I reckon we will do it!!

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 24, 2024, 09:52:01 pm by Ryaldinhio »

Does anybody know?

I’d love to see it there too. But you’d have to contact the club to ensure it’s permitted first

If these are funded by fans why would we need to ask the club? Or is that a club assett?

Having read through this it seems there needs to be some voluntary assett management enrolled here which may need a seperate thread or call to arms.

If there are 'assetts' valued in the £1,000s amd possible funding for additional then they should be on an assett register and possibly look to insuring them. The talks of not knowing where they are or DRFC not facilitating access is a little concerning.

It would need atleast
1. Someone with safe accessible storage to store and manage who takes them, sign in/sign out register
2. A person or persons accepted as responsible for taking the flags/shirt etc to home/ away games responsible for collecting and returning.

I'm sure in the group of regulars on here this is achievable

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 24, 2024, 10:42:23 pm by VivaRovers »
If we're getting old flags out I've got the massive 'Richardson Out' one. Although to be fair he is now very much as out as it's possible to be.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 24, 2024, 10:43:27 pm by GazLaz »
If we're getting old flags out I've got the massive 'Richardson Out' one. Although to be fair he is now very much as out as it's possible to be.

I’d love to see that for old times sake.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 24, 2024, 10:50:39 pm by Ryaldinhio »

1000% that wants taking to Wembley!!!!! Only for those that know!!!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 24, 2024, 11:04:59 pm by Chris Black come back »
Do we still have the John Ryan flag or did that get burned when he left the club? August Revolution.

Hickleton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 25, 2024, 10:45:00 am by Hickleton Rover »
Thanks ROVERSBB I will go to it and donate ,

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 25, 2024, 11:36:37 am by RoverBB »
Do we still have the John Ryan flag or did that get burned when he left the club? August Revolution.

Not sure where that went to be fair. Although wasn’t the writing on it in Russian? Probably not the most politically correct now

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 25, 2024, 11:38:36 am by RoverBB »

I’d love to see that make a re-appearance. They did he went should be a bank holiday in my opinion! (In both instances)

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 27, 2024, 06:45:14 pm by DRFC_AjA »
Where's the best source folks use for both quality and speed? Desperate to get a new one ASAP. Used footballflags.co.uk before although good they are a bit dear and plasticy

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 27, 2024, 07:52:39 pm by Chris Black come back »
Very funny today watching the lads putting flags behind the goal and the stewards taking them down. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Think police got involved and Paul Mayfield dressed as a St Trinian tried to broker a compromise. Amazing stuff.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012