Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:05:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Knights Play off dates ....  (Read 3473 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Knights Play off dates ....
« on April 19, 2016, 01:39:44 pm by Donnywolf »
... will hopefully produce a dilemma

They have elected to Play Yorkshire Carnegie away in First Leg of Semi on Sunday May 1st (no clash) but that means they are at home on (yep) Sunday May 8th although it will be a 14.30 ko

Rovers need to keep winning winning winning and this produce a "clash" of sorts

Should they win the Knights will then play Bristol home and away if they triumph over 4th Place Bedford and the dates will be Weds 18th and 25th both games live on Sky with 7.45 kick offs. Bristol will get the choice of home or away if they beat Bedford by virtue of being in 1st spot

http://www.drfc.co.uk/news/article/play-off-semi-final-dates-announced

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Knights Play off dates ....
« Reply #1 on April 19, 2016, 01:57:53 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Shame there is a clash isn't it?  Though it is Leeds half marathon the same day so a game in Leeds wouldn't have been easy either as the route takes it up that way.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 19, 2016, 02:56:31 pm by Donnywolf »
3 wins for Rovers and they then ko v Burton @ 12.30

Getting 3-0 UP to avoid any squeaky bums it might just be possible to get to Castle Park and miss only 15 minutes or so.

Of course if the Knights get battered at Headingley it might not be as important - and of course if we falter it may be were are doomed before the last game but I hope not

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 19, 2016, 04:49:54 pm by The Red Baron »
Do they have to Ko at 2.30, eg for television? Surely it would make sense to put the Ko back an hour.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 01, 2016, 04:27:16 pm by The Red Baron »
Last I saw the Knights were winning 24-3. Bristol were winning in the other semi.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 01, 2016, 04:28:21 pm by RedJ »
Is it on the tv?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 01, 2016, 04:30:04 pm by Filo »
Last I saw the Knights were winning 24-3. Bristol were winning in the other semi.

27-3 with 10 to play

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 01, 2016, 04:50:46 pm by Filo »

27-3 with 10 to play

Finished 30-17

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 01, 2016, 05:15:49 pm by Donnywolf »
Big lead to throw away but 13 Points is still a good springboard for the 2nd Leg

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 02, 2016, 02:14:35 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Can they be promoted, or is it just for bragging rights with no promotion this season?. I don't understand sport where promotion and relegation aren't in use.
It's tough just to get the better of Bristol, when i see some of the names involved in their squad. Cracking bit of management by the knights manager, he has had time to build things up.

There doesn't seem to be the 'I want it now' culture in rugby. The media pressure etc doesn't seem as bad, and the fans seem, from looking out to in, that they are programmed to be a touch more patient!.
Maybe the lack promotion into the top league in union, allows teams to steadily build a team and club, no boom and bust. I just think it also leads to a lot of empty matches if there isn't promotion and relegation, you lose the interest surely if there is nothing riding on games?!.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 02, 2016, 07:09:12 am by The Red Baron »
The winners of the play offs go up. London Irish have been relegated.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 02, 2016, 08:17:00 am by Donnywolf »
There has been Promotion / Relegation since the RU Pyramid system began - and in fact the Knights claim to fame is they are the most Promoted Team in Rugby Union.

There have been some big Teams fall out of the Prem into the Championship Harlequins and Worcester notably bounced back "easily" but some like Leeds Carnegie now rebranded Yorkshire Carnegie have not gone straight back up

The Promotion to the top table allowed Rotherham Titans to go up (twice I think) but of course once there they and others face Internationals from around the globe and huge Teams and often fail.

Because the RU system IS a pyramid there are criteria to be met before Promo can be taken and a few Seasons back London Welsh were originally denied Promotion but I think fought a legal battle and won and went up though they are back in the Championship now.

So Knights HAVE addressed / got round the Ground constraints by being allowed to use the Keepmoat until their Castle Park is upgraded though it is perfectly adequate for The Championship (and has superb facilities) I think they will build an extra Seated area and bring the Ground to PL standard then move back !

That will depend of course on Knights actually winning the Play offs and Bristol will be waiting if Carnegie are overcome in the 2nd Leg - so Knights best chance may come next Season depending on how London Irish view a quick return. There is a huge gulf between the top 2 Divisions and you need to be "ready" to "jump" any Team that comes down and are not in the mind set to get straight back up

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 08, 2016, 06:23:50 pm by Donnywolf »
PS Well done to Knights today - beating Yorkshire Carnegie on Aggregate to set up a Play off Final v Bristol

Attendance was 4700+ quite a turn out

Now onto the 2 biggest games in Knights history both live on Sky and though Bristol have failed at the final hurdle 3 times already this will be T-O-U-G-H !

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 08, 2016, 06:25:02 pm by RedJ »
When's the home leg?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 08, 2016, 06:34:28 pm by Donnywolf »
When's the home leg?

Premiership Rugby
✔ ‎@premrugby  .@Bristol_RFC & @DoncasterKnight will be in @Champrugby Final play-offs on 18 & 25 May. The winner will be in #AvivaPrem action next season

I think Bristol have the choice to play home or away but it was said several times that they would chose to play away lag first so Donny home 18th

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 10, 2016, 12:45:12 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I fancy an upset in this game, most expect Bristol to win, just have a feeling the knights will do them over two legs.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 10, 2016, 01:07:29 pm by eastender »
I see STH's will be let in for free for the Home leg.

I couldn't imagine DRFC doing that.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 10, 2016, 02:28:47 pm by Muttley »
I see STH's will be let in for free for the Home leg.

I couldn't imagine DRFC doing that.

I could and just have.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 10, 2016, 04:54:04 pm by The Red Baron »
Which genius decided it would be a good idea to play the games on Wednesday nights?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 10, 2016, 05:05:38 pm by wilts rover »
The programming director for Sky Tv at a guess.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012