Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:00:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tonight’s game  (Read 2462 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Tonight’s game
« Reply #30 on March 07, 2023, 10:26:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I’m as positive as they come but that performance was an absolute disgrace, the worst I’ve seen for a very long time.
Lavery was so isolated it was untrue, and then we bring miller on to do exactly the same, play upfront 20 yards ahead of the rest of our players.
They were far better than us and they’re f**king harrogate town.
That performance could be a sackable offence

Have you not been watching all season.. Hartlepool home and away, Carlisle away, Tranmere away, Colchester away, Mansfield away, now Harrogate at home... woeful.. lacklustre is not enough a word to describe how lacking in energy, fight, tackles and guile we are.. we didn't look like scoring if we played all night again..

You're right about the abject lack of physicality from us in those matches. And in others. Barrow away comes to mind.

No manager will ever deliberately put out a side telling them to be as physically weak as we are week after week.

When it happens so regularly, you have to conclude that the players just don't have the fight in them.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 07, 2023, 10:30:27 pm by Filo »
I’m gobsmacked at the tactics, it was obvious after 20 mins it wasn’t working and needed a change, what does he do for his first substitution? Make a like for like change, f**king genius Danny! 71 minutes before we change formation! It looks to me like the players are not playing for him anymore!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 07, 2023, 10:31:12 pm by GazLaz »
I’m as positive as they come but that performance was an absolute disgrace, the worst I’ve seen for a very long time.
Lavery was so isolated it was untrue, and then we bring miller on to do exactly the same, play upfront 20 yards ahead of the rest of our players.

Have you not been watching all season.. Hartlepool home and away, Carlisle away, Tranmere away, Colchester away, Mansfield away, now Harrogate at home... woeful.. lacklustre is not enough a word to describe how lacking in energy, fight, tackles and guile we are.. we didn't look like scoring if we played all night again..

You're right about the abject lack of physicality from us in those matches. And in others. Barrow away comes to mind.

No manager will ever deliberately put out a side telling them to be as physically weak as we are week after week.

When it happens so regularly, you have to conclude that the players just don't have the fight in them.

We don’t have any athletic midfielders or forwards though do we? Rowe maybe, but he’s always playing injured so never 100%.

curley

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 07, 2023, 10:32:22 pm by curley »
 :turd:If that's  full throttle god help us. Going  back to local football on Saturday.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 07, 2023, 10:32:58 pm by elmsallrover »
Is it just me that thinks Barlow will get another year's contract in the summer just got a feeling hope I'm wrong

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 07, 2023, 10:34:25 pm by roversdude »
Can only describe tonight as clueless from Schofield aided by abysmal performances from  Nelson and Brown.
Dread to think what would be aimed at Williams if he had a game like that.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 07, 2023, 10:39:56 pm by ncRover »

Ben Close a prime example of having no fight. Hid from the ball all game when it’s his job to receive it. Pathetic.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 07, 2023, 10:41:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

We don’t have any athletic midfielders or forwards though do we? Rowe maybe, but he’s always playing injured so never 100%.

Absolutely. That's my point. We haven't an ounce of competitive athleticism in the squad.

No point complaining about selection or tactics. The players are rank.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 07, 2023, 10:42:17 pm by drfchound »
The more I think about it the more I’m ok if we sack DS. Normally I’d say it’s too soon and we aren’t a sacking club. But he’s not shown any adaptability. He has one idea which isn’t working. Therefore he doesn’t need more time. He’s shown us what he’s capable of and it’s not enough.

If he’s not willing to change then it’s a easy decision

Couldn’t agree with this any more! He needs to show he has plan B,C etc

There is no plan B or C.
We were abject from start to finish today.
Their keeper had one shot to save tonight, admittedly there were the three successive shots blocked by defenders late on which were all on target but otherwise we never looked like scoring.
You could see in the second half that Harrogate realised they could win the game.
They were quick to break and even when they made their substitutions the player coming off actually ran off when normally the away players take ages to go off the pitch.
I always felt that they might Nick a goal.
Just a word on the attendance too, officially 5777 but in my opinion no more than 5000 in the ground.
I hadn’t realised that we are at home again on Saturday so that will be another bloody Saturday ruined.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 07, 2023, 10:45:54 pm by ncRover »
The more I think about it the more I’m ok if we sack DS. Normally I’d say it’s too soon and we aren’t a sacking club. But he’s not shown any adaptability. He has one idea which isn’t working. Therefore he doesn’t need more time. He’s shown us what he’s capable of and it’s not enough.

There is no plan B or C.
Their keeper had one shot to save tonight, admittedly there were the three successive shots blocked by defenders late on which were all on target but otherwise we never looked like scoring.
You could see in the second half that Harrogate realised they could win the game.
They were quick to break and even when they made their substitutions the player coming off actually ran off when normally the away players take ages to go off the pitch.
Just a word on the attendance too, officially 5777 but in my opinion no more than 5000 in the ground.
I hadn’t realised that we are at home again on Saturday so that will be another bloody Saturday ruined.

It’s looking like divine intervention from the weather gods hound

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 07, 2023, 10:47:42 pm by normal rules »

There is no plan B or C.

A lot of sth staying away.
Mid week.
Freezing cold.
Shit football.
It’s not appealing.

And onto sat. Wimbledon have lost three and drawn three in their last six. I’m going for an away win.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 10:49:45 pm by normal rules »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 07, 2023, 10:48:12 pm by drfchound »
Can only describe tonight as clueless from Schofield aided by abysmal performances from  Nelson and Brown.

I was going to mention that, about Nelson.
His passing tonight was awful and he was incredibly slow to move the ball.
Someone mentioned on here recently that we have been better since RSW was left out of the team but the points picked up, goals conceded and goals scored in those games hardly back it up.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 07, 2023, 10:52:29 pm by Branton Red »
Well played Harrogate Town.

For a limited side they approached the game in exactly the right way. They played with just the right balance of discipline and adventure.

Thought their number 10 had a very good game indeed.

I enjoyed watching them play and they thoroughly deserved their victory.

In contrast the least said about their abject opponents the better.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 07, 2023, 10:54:23 pm by dickos1 »

I’d argue Lakin, is our most athletic player, biggins and close don’t work.
Close is class but he’s playing every game in 2nd gear, never breaks into a sweat.
He’s not what you need in league 2,

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on March 07, 2023, 10:57:01 pm by StocksArmy »

I was going to mention that, about Nelson.
His passing tonight was awful and he was incredibly slow to move the ball.
Someone mentioned on here recently that we have been better since RSW was left out of the team but the points picked up, goals conceded and goals scored in those games hardly back it up.

I think you have let Ben Close get away lightly. Another waste of time and money.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 07, 2023, 11:27:35 pm by Campsall rover »
That was embarrassing tonight.

You could see early on Harrogate were expecting a tough game and as the game wore on they could see that we were not very good and their confidence grew. By the 60th minute they could see that they had a chance to win it and they duly went on to do just that.

Completely inept tactical nouse from our head coach. It would seem he is totally out of his depth. Either that or he is a very stupid, stubborn  and blinkered.  Not sure which it is. Starting to think it’s both.

He has got 12 games now to prove he should be still in the job next season.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 07, 2023, 11:32:46 pm by Canadian Rover »
Have you ever noticed there seems to be very little regard for the fans from Danny. No mention tonight again of letting the supporters down or the spectacle they are forced to watch. More of a concern that the game was "in the balance" how long until we are playing and losing to the likes of Kings Lynn at home... Oh sorry we've already done that this season (with them keeping a clean sheet) so for anyone thinking this is a NEW low it's not. It's just another low.

Have some respect for these fans Danny.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 07, 2023, 11:34:00 pm by Filo »

You could see early on Harrogate were expecting a tough game and as the game wore on they could see that we were not very good and their confidence grew. By the 60th minute they could see that they had a chance to win it and they duly went on to do just that.

Completely inept tactical nouse from our head coach. It would seem he is totally out of his depth. Either that or he is a very stupid, stubborn  and blinkered.  Not sure which it is. Starting to think it’s both.

I’d rather give those 12 games to an experienced coach to look at the squad, cull the deadwood and asses what he needs for next season, schofield was the wrong appointment, I said that at the time and now the proof is in the pudding

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 07, 2023, 11:39:13 pm by drfchound »
Have you ever noticed there seems to be very little regard for the fans from Danny. No mention tonight again of letting the supporters down or the spectacle they are forced to watch. More of a concern that the game was "in the balance" how long until we are playing and losing to the likes of Kings Lynn at home... Oh sorry we've already done that this season (with them keeping a clean sheet) so for anyone thinking this is a NEW low it's not. It's just another low.

The main mighty Kings Lynn who outplayed us in the FA Cup lost at home to Farsley tonight.
In fact, Farsley have done the double over them.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on March 08, 2023, 12:09:38 am by BillyStubbsTears »

I’d rather give those 12 games to an experienced coach to look at the squad, cull the deadwood and asses what he needs for next season, schofield was the wrong appointment, I said that at the time and now the proof is in the pudding

Schofield is doing that.

He's dispensed with Clayton, Long, Agard, Griffiths and apparently Williams. What we were left with tonight is more or less the best of what he inherited and a few moderately reasonable loan signings.

That's the size of the task that ANY manager would face, so bleeding awful has our choice of signings been for the past 2 years. No manager would be able to turn this squad into a genuine promotion challenging one.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 08, 2023, 07:03:47 am by The Beast »

Danny's a Donny lad but has never had any connection, interest or regard for the Rovers, like the majority of the Borough, unfortunately.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 08, 2023, 07:25:38 am by ctay »
5700, I thought it was more like 4000 at best. It is so hard to watch... fair play to Harrogate but that was woeful, Schofield needs to look at himself. Its hard to see it getting any better anytime soon.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012