Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:20:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ferguson resigned  (Read 27643 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Ferguson resigned
« Reply #90 on June 04, 2018, 10:16:50 pm by Filo »
I'd heard rumours of an abysmal budget and the high earners leaving not being replaced.

That's just rumours though Wes, no truth in that at all.

I've got to say, the evidence so far points to that though doesn't it.

I don't want to know the ins and outs of everything at the club, but I think it's high time we stopped being treated as plebs from both sides of the fence, it seems in football no one can lie straight in bed

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyfromwolves

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on June 04, 2018, 10:18:21 pm by donnyfromwolves »
All you who wanted him gone.. Be careful what you wished for..
Board haven't given him enough money clearly.. Not a good sign!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on June 04, 2018, 10:21:30 pm by dickos1 »
I agree it’s not necessarily going to be a bad thing, but he wouldn’t leave for no reason and he wouldn’t say he was left with no alternative. That’s what’s concerning me, we’ve got no money to bring in any decent players

Any link to the frightening rumour you heard?

Maybe yeah.
I was told then that the club had to take out a loan because of a cash flow shortage due to season ticket sales not being as good as they’d projected.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on June 04, 2018, 10:21:44 pm by silent majority »
The club have already issued a statement and an update will follow in the next 24 hours.

But for all those who are blaming the playing budget for this would be wrong. There has been no cost cutting with the playing staff and the club confirmed that to the supporters board and with myself.

I have a meeting scheduled with Gavin tomorrow, and we will discuss this again.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on June 04, 2018, 10:22:26 pm by Draytonian III »
What about DF @ MK b4 WC starts ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on June 04, 2018, 10:22:46 pm by silent majority »
I agree it’s not necessarily going to be a bad thing, but he wouldn’t leave for no reason and he wouldn’t say he was left with no alternative. That’s what’s concerning me, we’ve got no money to bring in any decent players

Maybe yeah.
I was told then that the club had to take out a loan because of a cash flow shortage due to season ticket sales not being as good as they’d projected.

More rubbish Dickos, can you seriously imagine Terry Bramall having to take out a loan??

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on June 04, 2018, 10:23:59 pm by GazLaz »
Hopefully they don’t spend weeks and weeks recruiting like the shambles they went through last time.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on June 04, 2018, 10:24:07 pm by silent majority »
I'd heard rumours of an abysmal budget and the high earners leaving not being replaced.

I've got to say, the evidence so far points to that though doesn't it.

I don't want to know the ins and outs of everything at the club, but I think it's high time we stopped being treated as plebs from both sides of the fence, it seems in football no one can lie straight in bed

What evidence though Filo?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on June 04, 2018, 10:24:34 pm by Boomstick »

But there's ZERO evidence to refute this, and there i a SHED LOAD of evidence to back it up

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on June 04, 2018, 10:24:49 pm by coventryrover »
I think the club needs to get a positive statement of intent out ASAP. And follow it up with a quick and decisive appointment to take the club forward.

Of course there’s life after Fergie. Whilst I didn’t want him out, there were things about his approach that frustrated the hell out of me. But the implied cause of his departure is a concern. And for that reason I’d like to see the club speak and act decisively.
we don't need to rush...we need to get it right

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on June 04, 2018, 10:25:22 pm by coventryrover »

But there's ZERO evidence to refute this, and there i a SHED LOAD of evidence to back it up

is there

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on June 04, 2018, 10:25:57 pm by silent majority »
Hopefully they don’t spend weeks and weeks recruiting like the shambles they went through last time.

By the same token they don't want to rush the process.

The application period will be open for 7 days.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on June 04, 2018, 10:26:07 pm by drfchound »

It’s not really frightening though is it.
Ferguson will be replaced and life will go on.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on June 04, 2018, 10:26:18 pm by dickos1 »

Maybe yeah.

More rubbish Dickos, can you seriously imagine Terry Bramall having to take out a loan??

More rubbish 😂

The club needed the loan not brammal of course.
You keep saying it’s all rubbish but the things that are happening don’t seem to back it up.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on June 04, 2018, 10:26:27 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Bloody hell, anyone want to buy some razor blades?

The news is half an hour old. Let's wait till the club make their statement. Everyone is jumping in based on probably less than half the story.

Personally, I'm not too fussed to see him leave. I think he did a job, got us moving forward again, but his style of play had its limitations and his substitutions consistently baffled me. This is now an opportunity to appoint the right man to take us to the next level.

Sensible point.  The truth as is often the case may well stay quiet.  All parties will be judged on their actions.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on June 04, 2018, 10:26:31 pm by since-1969 »
The BBC quotes supporters will be updated with a successor within the next 24hrs.
If it’s be understood that a new one manger is here already , then the budget if true was their way of getting him out . Cheap trick .

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on June 04, 2018, 10:26:59 pm by silent majority »

OK boomstick I'll bite. Who are the high earners not being replaced?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on June 04, 2018, 10:27:08 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
DF leaving creates uncertainty which isn't good for the club but if we act quick and get a decent appointment on board it could be a good thing overall

Do we know if this applies to DF's coaching team, Strachan etc, too?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on June 04, 2018, 10:27:31 pm by since-1969 »
The BBC quotes supporters will be updated with a successor within the next 24hrs.

My money is on Neil Redfern
I hope not !!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on June 04, 2018, 10:27:37 pm by mushRTID »

I didn’t say this news was frightening

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on June 04, 2018, 10:28:02 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Maybe yeah.

More rubbish 😂

You keep saying it’s all rubbish but the things that are happening don’t seem to back it up.

Wouldn't be a smart business move though? If the club needed it wouldn't Brammall loan us it then the interest goes to him, not some bank or whatever.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on June 04, 2018, 10:28:21 pm by dickos1 »

Williams, baudry for starters

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on June 04, 2018, 10:29:05 pm by Bessie Red »
Maybe Fergie knows he can't get decent enough results without a large budget because of his own limitations as a manager. Now because the Board wont give him that large budget he needs to be successful he has no alternative but to resign to save face. Let's be honest we know & the Board knows that there are managers out there that don't need huge budgets to get promotions at this level.
So maybe it's just a case of Fergie knowing he is not good enough to get where the Board wants without spending shed loads of cash!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on June 04, 2018, 10:29:24 pm by dickos1 »

Maybe yeah.

More rubbish 😂

Wouldn't be a smart business move though? If the club needed it wouldn't Brammall loan us it then the interest goes to him, not some bank or whatever.

Yes, the loan would probably have come from brammal

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on June 04, 2018, 10:29:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Dickos, you're the one who usually plays devils advocate. We are about 3 weeks into the window, theres still loads of time for replacements.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on June 04, 2018, 10:30:41 pm by dickos1 »
I wasn’t saying they won’t be replaced I’m just saying they are the two high earners that need to be replaced

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on June 04, 2018, 10:30:55 pm by silent majority »

Baudry wasn't a high earner.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on June 04, 2018, 10:31:04 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Maybe yeah.

More rubbish 😂

Yes, the loan would probably have come from brammal

Until the last few years he'd been loaning us money for years, along with JR and DW. Nobody made a big deal back then.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on June 04, 2018, 10:31:14 pm by drfchound »

I didn’t say this news was frightening

And I didn’t say you did Mush.
I was just commenting on the quote you posted.

As I said, it isn’t really frightening is it.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on June 04, 2018, 10:33:15 pm by mushRTID »
The quote I posted isn’t frightening no

TinyPortal © 2005-2012