Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:48:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fans forum my view  (Read 6964 times)

yapper1901

• Forum Member
Fans forum my view
« on January 19, 2011, 09:18:36 pm by yapper1901 »
Just got back from fans forum and must say disappointed
Dace Morris just doesn't have a clue and who can blame him when one person there actually thanked him for doing a great job

A few headlines

When mentioned the Swansea success was down to the vsc and the promoting they do
He totally disagreed and felt it was all down to the club

When asked on promotion he thought the club were doing a great job and using all avenues
One exact quote the reading game was all over the back of the free press

He admitted a mistake with kids prices and they will probally go back down  

Adult season tickets will not go down next season. They will also stay with the three cat for games

Basically on promotion it's down to fans to bring a friend as they are doing all they can

I must say I was disappointed as it seemed not everyone there had the same opinion as me that the club do hardly anything and the Swansea game was all down to vsc
Intact most seemed annoyed question were being asked on tickets.

Not all negative though it's a great opportunity to ask Sean any questions and he was great you get a real feeling of his knowledge when he is answering question.
It also sounds like Ryan Mason coming back.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re:Fans forum my view
« Reply #1 on January 19, 2011, 09:21:46 pm by RedJ »
So kids' STs are going down in price?

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 19, 2011, 09:25:44 pm by pkt_drfc »
Yes thats correct he said they should not have put them up.

When asked about buying thestadium he said they are intrested and looking to buy at the correct price he also mentioned alot of corners was cut when the stadium was built

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 19, 2011, 09:52:40 pm by PDX_Rover »
Worrying when the Chief Exec of the club thinks that there is nothing wrong, or is unaware of any issues, with the way the club markets itself.

Piss, A, Organize, Brewery, Up, A, In and Couldn't are words that leap to mind.

Is it the blind leading the blind?  So the Twitter report on kids tickets was wrong then, or misinterpreted?  This is what went up:

\"To Dave Morris - Higher Season Ticket prices and less season ticket holders. What's the club's strategy for next season? DM - biggest mistake we made was lowering kids season tickets. Make South Stand more accessible as well. Average attendances are down by all but three clubs in Championship. Money is a problem and fans are staying away. We took less money for a full house and reduced prices for Swansea game than an average gate with a lower gate.\"

Another worrying thing.... So yes, Rovers took less money for a full house with reduced ticket prices but surely, getting those extra fans in the door and whetting their appetite is surely a good thing?  You should logically convert a percentage of those newbies into regulars, optimistically speaking.  And it's not like Rovers do it every game is it?

By Morris' logic then.... maybe Rovers should charge 100 quid a ticket and have 5000 there?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 19, 2011, 10:00:23 pm by MrFrost »
Unfortunately I couldn't make it it, but it sounds this guy has made himself look even more of a clown. He just won't admit he is wrong.

Come on JR, get rid of the guy and get someone in with a brain.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 19, 2011, 10:00:27 pm by Dagenham Rover »
PDX_Rover wrote:
Worrying when the Chief Exec of the club thinks that there is nothing wrong, or is unaware of any issues, with the way the club markets itself.

Piss, A, Organize, Brewery, Up, A, In and Couldn't are words that leap to mind.

Is it the blind leading the blind?  So the Twitter report on kids tickets was wrong then, or misinterpreted?  This is what went up:

\"To Dave Morris - Higher Season Ticket prices and less season ticket holders. What's the club's strategy for next season? DM - biggest mistake we made was lowering kids season tickets. Make South Stand more accessible as well. Average attendances are down by all but three clubs in Championship. Money is a problem and fans are staying away. We took less money for a full house and reduced prices for Swansea game than an average gate with a lower gate.\"

Another worrying thing.... So yes, Rovers took less money for a full house with reduced ticket prices but surely, getting those extra fans in the door and whetting their appetite is surely a good thing?  You should logically convert a percentage of those newbies into regulars, optimistically speaking.  And it's not like Rovers do it every game is it?

By Morris' logic then.... maybe Rovers should charge 100 quid a ticket and have 5000 there?

Don't you mean 100 quid a ticket and 5 there

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 19, 2011, 10:08:03 pm by drfcsteve »
This is all extremely disapointing. I remember after the last one of these when Dave Morris' response was \"bring a friend with you\", and after all that's happened, all the efforts of the VSC to get the club to realise their marketing is shite, our Chief Executive still seems to have this \"well its not my fault\" attitude, does he even care about the club or is he more bothered about picking up his pay cheque from John and getting down to the golf course on a Sunday morning? Very frustrating.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 19, 2011, 10:18:58 pm by RTID75 »
It will be interesting to hear more of tonight's details as more people post about them, but it's blatantly clear (if it weren't already before!) that we still have a huge problem in Dave Morris. Amazingly, he seems to now be actually believing his own bullshit, and is having his ego stroked and opinions validated in his own mind by his 'yes' men!! He clearly thinks there's no problem inside Rovers and that the problem / fault lies solely with the fans. I cannot believe that they think they're doing as much as they can - where's the proof? How, as one example, can last week's £15 match marketing be explained or excused? Frustrating isn't the word!!

Suffice to say, whilst he's on board and everyone at Rovers sucks up to his every opinion and idea I won't be able to take moans about attendances and money seriously ever again.

Sorry Rovers, you're pushing those who want to help, and who can help, further and further away with your 'heads in the sand' attitude. :(

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 19, 2011, 10:19:07 pm by yapper1901 »
drfcsteve wrote:
This is all extremely disapointing. I remember after the last one of these when Dave Morris' response was \"bring a friend with you\", and after all that's happened, all the efforts of the VSC to get the club to realise their marketing is shite, our Chief Executive still seems to have this \"well its not my fault\" attitude, does he even care about the club or is he more bothered about picking up his pay cheque from John and getting down to the golf course on a Sunday morning? Very frustrating.

What's more frustrating is the fact the people who went think he doing a good job
I nearly dropped off my chair when someone thanked him for all his work

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 19, 2011, 10:22:26 pm by RTID75 »
yapper1901 wrote:
drfcsteve wrote:

What's more frustrating is the fact the people who went think he doing a good job

What? You're telling me it was a fan that said that? I got the impression it was Rovers staff! Even more unbelievable!

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 19, 2011, 10:29:59 pm by yapper1901 »
RTID75 wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:
drfcsteve wrote:

What? You're telling me it was a fan that said that? I got the impression it was Rovers staff! Even more unbelievable!

No it was a fan

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 19, 2011, 10:33:36 pm by yapper1901 »
I mean look the bloke is set in his ways I can kind of get over that
But to say the Swansea attendance was down to him and the marketing team is just amazing.
He said he would have to disagree when it wa put to him look at what can be achieved with some effort which all the members of the vsc put it

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 19, 2011, 10:35:22 pm by yapper1901 »
yapper1901 wrote:
RTID75 wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:
drfcsteve wrote:

No it was a fan

And one fan said that it was down to season ticket holders the attendance that we should be bringing friends

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 19, 2011, 11:27:05 pm by DN8ROVER »
It's time Mr Morris took his head out of his arse.He steals a living and then says \"bring a friend\".Fooking bang out of order.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 20, 2011, 12:44:25 am by Wild Rover »
pkt_drfc wrote:
Yes thats correct he said they should not have put them up.

When asked about buying thestadium he said they are intrested and looking to buy at the correct price he also mentioned alot of corners was cut when the stadium was built

Yes like doing away with any expansion possibility. As i have tried to tell folk many times. That the only corner cut. FFS he knows there are \"Building Regs\", and you can bet the \"Client\" ( DMBC ) applied them RIGIDLY.

Windy Miller

« Reply #15 on January 20, 2011, 08:16:37 am by Windy Miller »
Taken totally out of context the thanks was aimed at the top table not DJ as a individual!As a club we are not doing much wrong!

Windy Miller

« Reply #16 on January 20, 2011, 08:20:25 am by Windy Miller »
Sorry DM
S

Windy Miller

« Reply #17 on January 20, 2011, 08:27:00 am by Windy Miller »
Sorry DM
S

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 20, 2011, 09:02:44 am by Filo »
PDX_Rover wrote:

No surely it`s better to charge £1000 a ticket and have 500 there, think of the cost savings employing less stewards and the reduced policing costs, not to mention the £30 a programme and reduced printing costs etc

The man is a marketing genius!  :laugh:

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 20, 2011, 09:16:27 am by Donnybob »
Cheeky bugger!

So how come it took me to invent the 'Donnybob Challenge' and drop it into his lap? Even 'Sir John' is now using the term according to Gartom's recent post. But I don't care, so long as it's used to put a few extra bums on seats. Mind you, they're only paying it lip service. I'd love to see John using it at every media opportunity rather than telling the press that Donny have 'bad support'.

Donny has good support. We just need more of it.

But the club is absolutely right you know. It is up to us fans to encourage others to follow the Rovers. 'Shiny Dave' can advertise all he wants but it won't put many bums on seats. TV commercial breaks are full of adverts for stuff I never buy. It's simply about awareness, not buy-in. But if a mate says, \"Have you tried this...?\", then the chances are you will.

The club's job is to fulfil our dreams in terms of stellar signings, style of play, guts, determination and above all else (in the fans' eyes), results. But it has to be done within realistic budgetary constraints.

It's our job to fill the stadium when push comes to shove and we do have the power to make a difference. Unfortunately Rovers' fans seem to think it's their job to complain all the time - style of football, team selection, substitutions, cost of tickets, lack of atmosphere, crap stadium, individual players, lack of ambition, poor marketing, crap ticketing...

Need I go on? Because I could, you know!

So much negativity. No wonder those who sit on the fence are staying there.

It never ceases to amaze me how contradictory Rovers fans can be. The Impossible Dream - where were we 8 years ago? Not far from Wolves geographically (about 8 miles up the road) but light years in terms of competition. Cardiff, Wembley, amazing memories, yet it's never enough. Why don't we gamble, why don't we live the dream, we're only ten players short of a decent squad, and so on.

Strikes me some folk would happily have us play in League Two providing we had a good singing section. Or maybe rip out a few rows of seats.

Let me ask you this. When did the crowd put a 'good shift in'? Turned up in numbers, packed out the ground, got behind every member of the team, cheered and sang for 90 minutes, gave 100 per cent commitment?

Now before you attack me for pointing out the kings new clothes and all that, take a step back, read through the forums, balance out the positive posts against the negative ones and tell me, which way is the pendulum swinging?

So, it's been a bad week at the office. I've not been able to even watch the goals on i-player. It hurts like I've been punched. Sleep gets interrupted. I don't want to be reminded. But it ain't the end of the world. Certainly no reason for lashing out at anyone and everyone you think can be turned into a scapegoat.

Dust yourself down and move on. Calling for sackings helps no-one. Unless you're a Blade or Leeds fan, a Wednesdayite or a Dingle. It certainly must brighten their days to hear us moaning like spoiled brats.

To John and Dave, I say this. Don't pay the Donnybob challenge lip service. Get behind it and use it. Not wishing to sound immodest it's the best marketing tool you've got so get out there and use it. As for the knockers and moaners, give it a rest. Learn to internalise. No wonder other teams fans are starting to think we're a bit up ourselves!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 20, 2011, 10:43:21 am by bobjimwilly »
Please don't categorise everyone on here as \"knockers and moaners\". 90% of people who moan are in that groupI admit, but the rest have valid points about certain aspects of the club that need to be addressed before the club moves forward at the correct pace, especially concerning the handling of certain off-field departments.

It is our job to fill the stadium, but not as much as it is actually the job of officals at the club. The VSC do their part to help fill the stadium on a regular basis now, all we're asking is that the club do their part, which some feel is not being done at present.

Thanks.

:scarf:

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 20, 2011, 11:15:48 am by yapper1901 »
Windy Miller wrote:
Taken totally out of context the thanks was aimed at the top table not DJ as a individual!As a club we are not doing much wrong!

totally disagree, the person spefically said dave name
and if you think the club is not doing much wrong why are attendence so low why does jr have to put 2 million in per year

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 20, 2011, 11:29:13 am by DonnyRTID »
Donnybob wrote:
Cheeky bugger!

So how come it took me to invent the 'Donnybob Challenge' and drop it into his lap? Even 'Sir John' is now using the term according to Gartom's recent post. But I don't care, so long as it's used to put a few extra bums on seats. Mind you, they're only paying it lip service. I'd love to see John using it at every media opportunity rather than telling the press that Donny have 'bad support'.

But the club is absolutely right you know. It is up to us fans to encourage others to follow the Rovers. 'Shiny Dave' can advertise all he wants but it won't put many bums on seats. TV commercial breaks are full of adverts for stuff I never buy. It's simply about awareness, not buy-in. But if a mate says, \"Have you tried this...?\", then the chances are you will.

The club's job is to fulfil our dreams in terms of stellar signings, style of play, guts, determination and above all else (in the fans' eyes), results. But it has to be done within realistic budgetary constraints.

It's our job to fill the stadium when push comes to shove and we do have the power to make a difference. Unfortunately Rovers' fans seem to think it's their job to complain all the time - style of football, team selection, substitutions, cost of tickets, lack of atmosphere, crap stadium, individual players, lack of ambition, poor marketing, crap ticketing...

It never ceases to amaze me how contradictory Rovers fans can be. The Impossible Dream - where were we 8 years ago? Not far from Wolves geographically (about 8 miles up the road) but light years in terms of competition. Cardiff, Wembley, amazing memories, yet it's never enough. Why don't we gamble, why don't we live the dream, we're only ten players short of a decent squad, and so on.

Strikes me some folk would happily have us play in League Two providing we had a good singing section. Or maybe rip out a few rows of seats.

Let me ask you this. When did the crowd put a 'good shift in'? Turned up in numbers, packed out the ground, got behind every member of the team, cheered and sang for 90 minutes, gave 100 per cent commitment?

Now before you attack me for pointing out the kings new clothes and all that, take a step back, read through the forums, balance out the positive posts against the negative ones and tell me, which way is the pendulum swinging?

So, it's been a bad week at the office. I've not been able to even watch the goals on i-player. It hurts like I've been punched. Sleep gets interrupted. I don't want to be reminded. But it ain't the end of the world. Certainly no reason for lashing out at anyone and everyone you think can be turned into a scapegoat.

Dust yourself down and move on. Calling for sackings helps no-one. Unless you're a Blade or Leeds fan, a Wednesdayite or a Dingle. It certainly must brighten their days to hear us moaning like spoiled brats.

To John and Dave, I say this. Don't pay the Donnybob challenge lip service. Get behind it and use it. Not wishing to sound immodest it's the best marketing tool you've got so get out there and use it. As for the knockers and moaners, give it a rest. Learn to internalise. No wonder other teams fans are starting to think we're a bit up ourselves!

Excellent post Bob. :thumbsup:

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 20, 2011, 11:45:46 am by Sandy Lane »
Apologies as I'm behind and just catching up on the posts so if this has been said, please ignore.

But after reading about the events of the fan's forum last night I must say I was sorely disappointed!!  How can they still choose to ignore the feelings and input of the fans?  But then I started to think of it from their viewpoint and realized that the way things played out was because it's the way THEY wanted it to play out. They needed to save face as the guy IS the CEO.  My hope is that while the public display of solidarity may have been a front, that behind the scene things may be stirred up enough to take the fans' concerns seriously.  It does boggle the mind when you realize that clearly very intelligent and well thought out suggestions which were put forth by many of you are ignored or down-played.  But as you say JR didn't get rich by ignoring advice, so we can hope this has well and truly opened the door.  But I will say that you lot are extraordinary in your passion and love for the club and to keep on doing what you're doing as it WILL make a difference, perhaps by baby steps at first, but when you think about it, it's already happening really...

Rossorover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 20, 2011, 02:03:12 pm by Rossorover »
It will be down to the fans to attract others to the Barnsley game if the advert in this week's Free Press are anything to go by.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 20, 2011, 02:56:47 pm by jmt »
There only two ways to increase the crowd and both are unrealistic, one is to ensure the team are in the playoff positions,most of the season, and the other is to drop prices for a SUSTAINED period( a season or two) the latter is a proven method, but when we have three directors putting a million in each,a season! it ain't going to happen, that's nearly 57,000 a week losses.
Where do we go now, I'm not too sure :dry:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 20, 2011, 02:56:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Donnybob wrote:
Cheeky bugger!

Very good post. We as fans do have a part to play but that does not absolve a CE of any responsibility for increasing the fanbase. If the CE's policy is \"there is nothing I can do to sell this product; it's up to our customers to bring in more customers\", I'm left wondering what the point of the CE is.

The VSC has made a potentially very big contribution to this issue by developing a professional and detailed (and free) straegy document on marketing and customer relations. It was rejected out of hand by the club officials. No reason given.

You ask \"Let me ask you this. When did the crowd put a 'good shift in'? Turned up in numbers, packed out the ground, got behind every member of the team, cheered and sang for 90 minutes, gave 100 per cent commitment?\"

I'd suggest the Swansea match, when, the VSC was heavily involved in the pricing and marketing. RTR said after that match that the lesson was obvious. Clearly it wasn't obvious enough for Morris.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 20, 2011, 03:31:40 pm by River Don »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:

You ask \"Let me ask you this. When did the crowd put a 'good shift in'? Turned up in numbers, packed out the ground, got behind every member of the team, cheered and sang for 90 minutes, gave 100 per cent commitment?\"

I'd suggest the Swansea match, when, the VSC was heavily involved in the pricing and marketing. RTR said after that match that the lesson was obvious. Clearly it wasn't obvious enough for Morris.

I agree wholeheartedly, the comments attributed to Morris at the forum regarding the VSC involvement with this fixture and his thinking on the way forward for the club are very disheartening.

As I've said before, while ever this attitude remains I think the best thing the VSC can do is use the funds it raises to do the best job it can to raise awareness despite the club. What a bizarre situation!

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 20, 2011, 03:59:54 pm by moses »
Did DM dimiss the role the VSC played in Marketing the Swansea game?

If he did, how ungracious. The cheeky beggar.

He's probably put the Swansea game down as one of acheivements of the year for his performance review..

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 20, 2011, 04:07:44 pm by River Don »
moses wrote:
Did DM dimiss the role the VSC played in Marketing the Swansea game?

If he did, how ungracious. The cheeky beggar.

He's probably put the Swansea game down as one of acheivements of the year for his performance review..

Just check the first post on this thread:

When mentioned the Swansea success was down to the vsc and the promoting they do
He totally disagreed and felt it was all down to the club

TinyPortal © 2005-2012