Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 10:29:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: vsc meeting idea  (Read 1338 times)

yapper1901

• Forum Member
vsc meeting idea
« on August 17, 2011, 11:08:51 pm by yapper1901 »
at the meeting it was asked for ideas for raising money and giving back to club

now i hate to take anything off wednesday but check out link below
http://www.wednesdayite.com/members-services/smile-tickets/711-wednesdayite-a-reason-to-smile.html

basically they ask fans to donate money and then with that money they buy season tickets
and give the match tickets to underprivileged kids

now i was thinking it would be a great idea to do a similar scheme, now depending how much we raise we could also extend it to people with disabilities, families with parents who are have lost there jobs etc

plus i know a while back mustafa dumbaya said on twitter he was interested in getting into some sort of charity work but never seemed to follow it up so he could possibly help with the raising of some money plus with the vsc sponsoring him it could be a good pr story for the whole family club thing

just a idea but what do people think

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
Re: vsc meeting idea
« Reply #1 on August 17, 2011, 11:20:51 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
A very good idea.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 18, 2011, 06:12:26 am by Berkshire Rover »
Yapper your suggestion is not only an excellent one, but very timely.

As Martin O'Hara said at the AGM, this is an area that we want to pursue and the good news is that if we can come up with some really good ideas, then there are organisations that will provide grants to help with such activities.

As our main association is with DRFC, we want ideas that support the local community and at the same time get them involved with the club.

To add to your suggestions, we have spoken about establishing relationships with the Deaf School ( our former ground!)
Local community leaders from either ethnic minorities or religious groups, residents associations etc.

We thought we might host a day at the Keepmoat for the group ( or groups) in question, and possibly use the hospitality box and / or enable them to watch a game.

If you or anyone else has a specific cause that you are involved with or have further suggestions, please get in touch.

By the way Yapper, are you a member of the VSC  and are just waiting for the logo to be added, if not, now is a great time to join and your contribution is a sample of whatvthe trust is about.
:clapping:

Gartom

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 18, 2011, 09:06:14 am by Gartom »
Yapper is now a member - so we owe him a new, shiny logo !

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 18, 2011, 12:26:00 pm by silent majority »
Thanks Yapper, that's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking about.

In fairness it was this, and the away ticket thing that Barnsley do that got me thinking in this direction, and especially when researching grant aid for Community organisations like the VSC.

We still need ideas, ones that can serve both functions as mentioned by BR, we want to serve the local community and promote the Rovers at the same time.

Barnsley are involved in a free ticket exchange thing whereas they issue free tickets to the away club, usually through the trust at that club, and in return they do that for Barnsley fans when they attend the return fixture. Its limited to about 20 and its an adult and a junior ticket in pairs. The idea is that it introduces young fans to the away match experience. I discussed it earlier this season with Dave Morris and he said he would support it. I just need to work out the details of it now!

Please keep the ideas coming, does anybody know of any richly deserving underprivileged group in Doncaster who could make good use of a free match experience? (and I don't mean Rovers fans!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 18, 2011, 12:53:04 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"Gartom\" post=176852
Yapper is now a member - so we owe him a new, shiny logo !

sorted :aok:

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 19, 2011, 12:25:04 am by yapper1901 »
just sent the thread to mustafa on twitter and just replied saying he is interested
so he could maybe be the face of it
good pr player helps fans who help underprivileged kids plus the club get the money for the tickets

plus with mustafa involved he going to bring greater visibility to it and it would direct more people to forum and raise even more money

you can see the article now in the free press it writes itself

depending how much the grant is and how much the vsc could raise

could pick say 1 game a month and give say 20 tickets away to a nominated group or charity

have the member's of the forum either nominate the charity or group

have the story featured on the home page

TinyPortal © 2005-2012