Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 01:45:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 3 out 2 in before weekend  (Read 6037 times)

yapper1901

• Forum Member
3 out 2 in before weekend
« on July 31, 2012, 09:51:09 pm by yapper1901 »
Radio Sheffield just said dean expects 3 out 2 in before weekend
After tonight I was getting excited after second half but now it's just depressing you know it will be copps, stock and woods

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
Re: 3 out 2 in before weekend
« Reply #1 on July 31, 2012, 09:52:24 pm by Woodhead Passer »
JOC?

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 31, 2012, 09:54:45 pm by PaulRover08 »

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 31, 2012, 09:56:17 pm by DRNaith »
I guess at JO'C, Stock and Copps.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 31, 2012, 09:58:19 pm by PaulRover08 »
I guess at JO'C, Stock and Copps.

Could 1 be Sullivan?

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 31, 2012, 09:58:56 pm by Red wizard »
We look better without Stock imo. I think it will be jock stocky and copps.

Chrisd_123

« Reply #6 on July 31, 2012, 09:59:23 pm by Chrisd_123 »
Yeah, I reckon Stock, Copps and JOC. Of which we won't miss Stock (Who misses too many games if we're wanting to get a settled team) and JOC (Who hasn't been the same for about 2 seasons) Copps would be a disappointing one but if he brings money in then with Cotterill, Bennett etc we should be fine anyway.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 31, 2012, 10:02:52 pm by mushRTID »
Stock was terrible tonight, looked totally disinterested.

Seemed to be shouting back to Saunders a lot too, maybe because i sat behind the dug out for a change and wouldnt normally notice it just seemed more than anyone else.

pubteam

« Reply #8 on July 31, 2012, 10:05:08 pm by pubteam »
3 out 2 in? I thought we were supposed to be BUILDING a squad at this stage, not losing numbers.

I'm sure we'll make some signings eventually, but the clock is ticking. If we're one body lighter by the end of the week, we go into the Barnsley game with less players than we've got now, and at that point, the season will only be two weeks away! (One week if you regard the League Cup as important.)

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 31, 2012, 10:09:10 pm by SIRFRAN »
Pubteam, if 3 good earners leave it opens up money to probably fetch 5 in! The 2 won't be the last of deanos transfer activity!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 31, 2012, 10:09:49 pm by the vicar »
Jimmy O'Connor is going to Darby tomorrow for a medical

pubteam

« Reply #11 on July 31, 2012, 10:11:14 pm by pubteam »
Pubteam, if 3 good earners leave it opens up money to probably fetch 5 in! The 2 won't be the last of deanos transfer activity!

I'm aware that we'll get the scope to bring more in, but they won't get much time to gel together as a team, will they? The York game is a week after the Barnsley friendly. It'll be very difficult to bed in six or seven players in that time. Especially since we'll probably have a new-look back four and hopefully a GK.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 31, 2012, 10:15:25 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Jimmy O'Connor is going to Darby tomorrow for a medical

I hope so, of the existing players he's the most expendable, his form has been awful the past year.

markusparkus75

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 31, 2012, 10:17:17 pm by markusparkus75 »
I wouldn't have thought anyone on their way out would have played tonight. Not with our injury record. It's not worth the risk, surely?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 31, 2012, 10:26:30 pm by RedJ »
Stock was terrible tonight, looked totally disinterested.

Seemed to be shouting back to Saunders a lot too, maybe because i sat behind the dug out for a change and wouldnt normally notice it just seemed more than anyone else.

Maybe that's telling us something.. :)

mina75

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 31, 2012, 10:29:04 pm by mina75 »
Jimmy O'connor going, Stock also on his way, i don't know who the other is but i have been told that Copps is staying i was also told that Paynter will be announced in the next day or so and there is another Owl apparently heading our way i don't who though.

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 31, 2012, 10:38:27 pm by thumper »
Jimmy O'connor going, Stock also on his way, i don't know who the other is but i have been told that Copps is staying i was also told that Paynter will be announced in the next day or so and there is another Owl apparently heading our way i don't who though.

reliable source???

mina75

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 31, 2012, 10:41:39 pm by mina75 »
As reliable as it can be without it coming from the horses mouth.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 31, 2012, 10:51:09 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I can't see what role Sulli is playing for us. He's not featured in friendlies. With Maxted seeming like he could do a job, Woods seeming to be in the picture, and DS looking for another, Sulli must be on his way.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 31, 2012, 10:51:54 pm by Red wizard »
I can't see what role Sulli is playing for us. He's not featured in friendlies. With Maxted seeming like he could do a job, Woods seeming to be in the picture, and DS looking for another, Sulli must be on his way.
We are talking to a gk.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 31, 2012, 10:54:45 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

I was thinking that Ryan Lowe fella from Weds?

Paynter having a trail at Blckpool

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 31, 2012, 10:55:35 pm by mushRTID »
I think Stock, JOC and Sully is the best we can hope for here.

Spurr, Copps, Bennett and M Woods (on tonights promising performance) are must keeps and will form the backbone of a good side.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 31, 2012, 11:05:32 pm by RoversAlias »

You might be talking rubbish but I tell you what, I sincerely hope you aren't and if the week pans out with all of these things happening then I've got to say I will be fairly pleased.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 31, 2012, 11:06:09 pm by DonnyOsmond »
No one will want Woods with his injury record, so he could be great player for us next season.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 31, 2012, 11:47:14 pm by hoolahoop »
No one will want Woods with his injury record, so he could be great player for us next season.

There's come logic in there somewhere but for the life of me I can't see it !!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 01, 2012, 12:15:00 am by RedJ »

There's come logic in there somewhere but for the life of me I can't see it !!
logic being no one will want to take the risk, but if we can keep him fit he could rip up League One

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 01, 2012, 06:47:08 am by godlike1 »
What happened to this deadline of not letting players go after a certain date? This is where I lose confidence in the club because one day they tell us one thing And the next they do exactly the opposite. Admittedly we don't know what this deadline day is but...............as far as I can tell we have just been strung along so far this close season.

It has always been get rid of 2-3 and bring in 4-5 which is what has been done so far, yet after a promising performance we now get told another 3 players could go for just 2 to come in and with only a couple of weeks to go before the start of he season???????????

While the fans much needed and improved engagement this season has been a breath of fresh air, this info on the player front has been a complete mess and has done nothing to improve my confidence on how we will do or move forward and is another reason why i am not renewing my seaso ticket until I see how things go. hence the club are shooting them selves in the foot

GVARover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 01, 2012, 07:08:07 am by GVARover »
Been very difficult to second guess the ins and outs during pre-season but what has come in looks good and the team appears to be taking shape with the new players showing they will be able to do a job in League 1.  Cannot deny we need a few more bodies and they will arrive close to the season start but it is a long season and a steady start with a view that the team can only get better as they gel is not so bad after a disappointing season last time out...info from discussion with Rover's employee yesterday was that at least one additonal signing likely today - COYR!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 01, 2012, 08:06:28 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
What happened to this deadline of not letting players go after a certain date? This is where I lose confidence in the club because one day they tell us one thing And the next they do exactly the opposite. Admittedly we don't know what this deadline day is but...............as far as I can tell we have just been strung along so far this close season.

It has always been get rid of 2-3 and bring in 4-5 which is what has been done so far, yet after a promising performance we now get told another 3 players could go for just 2 to come in and with only a couple of weeks to go before the start of he season???????????

While the fans much needed and improved engagement this season has been a breath of fresh air, this info on the player front has been a complete mess and has done nothing to improve my confidence on how we will do or move forward and is another reason why i am not renewing my seaso ticket until I see how things go. hence the club are shooting them selves in the foot

Perhaps we haven't reached the deadline yet?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 01, 2012, 08:07:57 am by Wild Rover »

All that DS said was he expected 3 to leave and 2 to come, not that only 2 would arrive to the start of season. I know DS is talking to players, 3 to my knowledge.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012