Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 01:25:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 3 out 2 in before weekend  (Read 6017 times)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: 3 out 2 in before weekend
« Reply #30 on August 01, 2012, 08:10:00 am by jonnydog »
Perhaps it was an attempt to use the media to shift people quick. Really hope one ain't Copps but I can't see how he can possibly be staying, especially when SoD is 'rumoured' to be after JoC as well now, why wouldn't he take Copps. Might he want Bennett as well? After all he did sign him!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 01, 2012, 08:12:19 am by 5minstogo »
As good a player as JOC is I think it's time for him to move on. Maybe his loss of form has taken a bit out of him.

A change of scenery will work wonders for him.

Stock sounds like he's desperate to leave and in some ways it's probably time to let him move on too.

I hope Copps isn't the third but I can't see anyone coming in for any of the others.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 01, 2012, 08:22:52 am by godlike1 »
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that the transfer windows are a game of "cat and mouse" and that clubs are going to try and take advantage of our situation.

That said, how many players do we need to sell/get rid of? 2-3 or 4-5? Surely if it's only 2-3 then if stock goes (and based on his performances it looks like he's not bothered about rovers at the min) why can we not say to the players that's it.

Only yesterday in the paper JOC has said he does not know whats happening. You can't build a team without the players knowing if they are part of it or not.

Paul Goodwin from the free press summed it up quite well on his twitter page I thought.

Shame all this speculation keeps distracting from team affairs. On the pitch #drfc looked the part tonight: energetic, well-organised.

We had last season with all the loans and not knowing who was coming or going and made it an unenjoyable watch in my opinion

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 01, 2012, 08:34:51 am by The Beast »
Would be sad to see Copps or JOC move on but  if we get money in for them now maybe not so bad as they are expensive luxuries and their value will only depreciate. It is imperitive that we get the likes of Husband and Bennett tied up on long contracts so if they eventually do go onto bigger and better things we get a good whack for them to re-invest and stabilize the clubs future.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012