Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:01:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 4th Officials role ?  (Read 6233 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
4th Officials role ?
« on February 27, 2016, 07:29:56 pm by Donnywolf »
I always understood that they could play no part at all in the decision making process and their only involvement was Subs keeping the Managers in the technical areas etc etc

However today the f****r "fingered" Mitch Lund for the fracas after Chaplow creamed their bloke. ML was involved in a scuffle with their obnoxious little paper boy (Number 24) but neither the Ref nor the Lino who looked like one of the 3 little pigs saw anything (not surprising as they were w**k all day)

Step forward the 4th Official who tells the Ref to Card ML but fails to mention No 24 had done almost the same to ML ?

10 Minutes later and the obnoxious little t**t (Number 24 please keep up) wasted Chaplow presumably for his bad tackle earlier and the Ref did not see it - the Little Pig saw nowt all game apart from Tysons non foul right under his nose - so what did the 4th Official do ? Correct f*** all

24 should have had 4 yellows and even Graham Poll would have sent him off
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:34:01 pm by Donnywolf »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: 4th Officials role ?
« Reply #1 on February 27, 2016, 07:34:30 pm by roversdude »
No 24 should have walked for trying to head butt Lund

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2016, 07:35:13 pm by Donnywolf »
No 24 should have walked for trying to head butt Lund

100% correct -

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2016, 07:38:14 pm by DaveDRFC »
I don't usually have a go at the ref but he was bloody awful today, no consistency at all. Let their player off just before half time with a pretty much identical challenge to the one Chaplow got booked for. Funniest thing was him telling Tyson he was going to book him for persistent fouling the next time he did it. Shame not one of the three he totted up was even a foul!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 27, 2016, 08:17:37 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Up until about 70 minutes I thought the ref had a good game. The last 20 minutes he was poor on nearly all the remaining decisions.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 27, 2016, 08:51:00 pm by Donnywolf »
Up until about 70 minutes I thought the ref had a good game. The last 20 minutes he was poor on nearly all the remaining decisions.

In the words and style of the Black Bank :

W****r W****r W****r

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 27, 2016, 09:29:22 pm by Dagenham Rover »

tbh thats about what I thought he lost the plot for half an hour or so  now the west stand lino just didn't have a plot to start with

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 27, 2016, 10:12:42 pm by rich1471 »
the west stand lino was terrible how he kept giving fouls against Tyson was shocking I also think Chaplow should have seen red for his tackle he was late and his studs went into the guys thigh and was a very lucky boy not to be sent off

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 27, 2016, 10:37:48 pm by CJK »
Aye, trouble is there's a lack of consistency when the Millwall foul moments before the Chaplow incident goes completely unpunished. That was an identically bad foul and he got lost in the melee that insued because the Chaplow foul was the last in the sequence of bad fouls. Awful officials today. Time wasting goes on unpunished again, the keeper was time wasting from the moment they went ahead and all the substitutions took an absolute age to leave the field. 

All that said, we had the chances to win it and didn't take them. If we can build on the second half performance we've got half a chance of avoiding the bottom four.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 27, 2016, 10:45:23 pm by Campsall rover »
I agree totally with that 1st 70 mins excellent, last 20 mins absolutely shocking refereeing.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 27, 2016, 11:59:37 pm by Filo »
the west stand lino was terrible how he kept giving fouls against Tyson was shocking I also think Chaplow should have seen red for his tackle he was late and his studs went into the guys thigh and was a very lucky boy not to be sent off

Chaplow wasn't late it was a 50/50 ball that was there to be won, Chaplow won the challenge and because of the Millwalls players theatrics he was yellow carded

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 28, 2016, 12:47:05 am by newyankee »

What I don't understand is why the FL have assessors at games to run the rule over referees.  It would seem they are a complete waste of time as it has been known for a long time that Boyeson is useless and has difficulty maintaining  a fair game.

These assessors are paid to do a job, but I have yet to hear of any referee being thrown off the list for being useless.  Why should players end up with red and yellow cards diue to the inefficiency of the official?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 28, 2016, 12:59:34 am by Sammy Chung was King »

What I don't understand is why the FL have assessors at games to run the rule over referees.  It would seem they are a complete waste of time as it has been known for a long time that Boyeson is useless and has difficulty maintaining  a fair game.

These assessors are paid to do a job, but I have yet to hear of any referee being thrown off the list for being useless.  Why should players end up with red and yellow cards diue to the inefficiency of the official?

The problem is, the assessors were probably worse referees than those they are assessing!.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 28, 2016, 01:50:28 am by Chris Black come back »
Mekint tea.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 28, 2016, 02:35:15 am by newyankee »
 I understand what you are saying Riglioso, but when I worked in Rugby League, if we got a bad ref we gave him good marks and they kept him away from us. They then went to having assessors at games and poor refs are now brought in by the head of referees for updated training. Surely, in a sport as big as football, these assessors should be able to recommend additional training for poor refs.

By poor refs, I mean ones who regularly cannot control games or who keep making bad decisions week in and week out.   I am not meaning when a good ref has an off day. This Boyeson has had far more bad games than good and in  a professional sport that is not good.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 28, 2016, 06:27:43 am by Donnywolf »
... so we have covered the Ref the Lino and Refs Assessors but nobody has addressed the OP

What is the role of the 4th Official. I saw this one get Lund Yellow Carded by pointing something out to the Ref - but I did not think that was allowed ?

If it is why did he not get the Number 24 for taking out Chaplow with the ball long gone - or indeed 24's part in the Lund fracas ?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 28, 2016, 06:58:51 am by The Red Baron »
To answer your question, fourth officials can report incidents to the referee. In that sense their role is no different to the linesmen.

As to why only Lund was fingered, the usual officials' selective vision, I guess!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 28, 2016, 08:54:17 am by jonnydog »
As to why only Lund was fingered, the usual officials' selective vision, I guess!

... And you don't HAVE to be selective when fingering. That's the beauty of fingering!!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 28, 2016, 09:23:55 am by ravenrover »

Chaplow wasn't late it was a 50/50 ball that was there to be won, Chaplow won the challenge and because of the Millwalls players theatrics he was yellow carded
Think we saw that incident a little differently Filo, 50/50 ball yes but Chaplow was a lucky boy not to get a red, took the player out around his shin missed the ball completely. As for the Lund incident I didn't see what happened but what I did like was the way Tyson steamed in to look after young Mitchel

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 28, 2016, 10:20:01 am by roversdude »
I thought LM was lucky not to get red late on

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 28, 2016, 10:48:04 am by i_ateallthepies »
Red is for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.  I've never seen red given for a foul that far away from goal.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 28, 2016, 10:58:30 am by mrfrostsdad »

I had an excellent view of it and I said straight away 'he's off'. I was really surprised that the ref only brought a yellow out

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 28, 2016, 12:14:02 pm by TheFunk »
Wasn't there another defender chasing back right next to him.

bally1950

« Reply #23 on February 28, 2016, 12:19:45 pm by bally1950 »
About time Donny's players gave some clog out, they have been on receiving end long enough this season

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 28, 2016, 01:36:09 pm by The Red Baron »
Red is for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.  I've never seen red given for a foul that far away from goal.

Fulham had a player sent off for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity in the opposing half. Mind you, I think they'll appeal it.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 28, 2016, 05:37:08 pm by ravenrover »
I think you need to check that statement out a little

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 28, 2016, 05:50:35 pm by roversdude »
Well we were all expecting a red

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 28, 2016, 07:59:16 pm by Donnywolf »
That's long been m point with Refs and Refereeing. IF the same Ref could do every game which is impossible obviously then there may be a modicum of consistency ... BUT ... the only thing that Refs collectively act on consistently is .... A player taking his shirt off = yellow card

Only Billy Sharp has escaped in games I have been to see on telly and credit Mark Halsey was it for not ruining that moment (common sense prevailed)

As for everything else - no consistency whatsoever. Chaplow I feel should have been a Red and we would have been baying for one the other way round and Mac was very fortubate I think to stay on.

Most Refs would have sent him off but that is the point - some don't ...and was there not an almost identical offence committed by a Leicester player last time we played them here. He was skinned and was the only man in the South Stand Half when done for pace by ??? (insert name here) and just creamed him. Another clear Red Card ... YES but only Yellow shown

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 28, 2016, 08:37:48 pm by i_ateallthepies »
And that one Wolfy was one I had in mind when I made that comment.

Disappointed it took so long for some smart arse to pick up my first remark.  come on then raven, give us all the benefit of your consulate wisdom.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 29, 2016, 09:21:17 am by Mike_F »
what I did like was the way Tyson steamed in to look after young Mitchel

I was impressed by that too. Senior pro went in with enough force to knock the situation on the head, protecting his young team mate whilst not overdoing it tot he extent of getting himself in trouble. Class from Tyson.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012