Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 07:06:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Sutton United game  (Read 6282 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Sutton United game
« Reply #30 on February 16, 2023, 07:04:06 pm by drfchound »
I have suffered that in the past Wolfie so I started taking a set of ear defenders with me.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 16, 2023, 09:37:01 pm by selby »
  Pleased I haven't let you down Raven, NickDRFC I kiss his picture every day  but have it on good authority you are known to be into into self gratification, we all have a weakness.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 17, 2023, 08:00:01 am by mugnapper »
First visit for me. Best be a decent performance as I’m on nights until 05:00 on Saturday morning then on the coach for this one.

At least you can have a sleep on the way there, and back.
Let’s be honest Hound, until the last 3 games, he could have napped through the match and not missed owt!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 17, 2023, 04:52:41 pm by Campsall rover »
Looking forward to this one tomorrow.
My 1st visit to Gander Green Lane as I didn’t go in our conference years.
Only Salford and Crawley after this one to do in this league & both coming up next month.
Then that leaves Forest Green Rovers missed that one in the conference, West Ham ( new stadium) ManCity ( new stadium ) been to both the old ones.
Chelsea is the only other ground of the current 92 i haven’t been to a match.

Not going to be pretty I fear tomorrow. They are a big physical team. We are going to need to be a bit cute. They will win a lot of 1st balls so i think we need to concentrate on winning the 2nd balls.
Match them for work rate and I think we can come out on top.
We have better footballers and hopefully if we compete then the football will get us the points.
A draw though would be a decent result. They don’t lose many home games.

Missed one. Not been to Brentford’s new ground. ( been to old one )
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 05:31:43 pm by Campsall rover »

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 17, 2023, 09:12:37 pm by adamtherover »
When Hurst goes on one of his mazy runs, if he would just look up for god's sake and pass or shoot before he looses it gggrrr!!!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 17, 2023, 09:18:56 pm by DearneValleyRover »
When Hurst goes on one of his mazy runs, if he would just look up for god's sake and pass or shoot before he looses it gggrrr!!!

That will come, he’s still young and very raw but the talent is there, if DS is half the coach Copps thinks he is then I’m sure he will only get better

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 18, 2023, 07:29:27 am by Spilsby Red »
My first visit with my son. For my birthday. Looking forward to it. Agree with what you said Campsall

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 18, 2023, 08:16:02 am by andyst79 »

That will come, he’s still young and very raw but the talent is there, if DS is half the coach Copps thinks he is then I’m sure he will only get better
Hursts a real talent, very quick feet especially in tight spaces. Not the finished article by any means but improving all the time. Think he will command a good transfer fee in the future along with Maxwell and Olowu (if we can tie him down). We've got the nucleus of a good squad at present with players at good ages and they're seems to be a good team spirit so it would be good if we can keep the majority of it together next season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 18, 2023, 08:20:56 am by Chris Black come back »
Olowu, Maxwell and Brown if we had a chance of getting them all on deals, would be an excellent foundation for the defence of the future. If Tom and Ro-Shaun move on in the summer, bringing in an experienced head into the back line should be a priority. Nelson we’ve got no chance signing.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 18, 2023, 10:25:58 am by Campsall rover »
Maxwell is ours.
Assume you mean Lakin

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 18, 2023, 10:37:52 am by Thorney »
This game will be a good measurement of how much we have improved.
Will be a tough game. Sutton are in decent form and a very good home side.  Probably the toughest game of tge current run we've had.

Need to get at them early on lime we did swindon

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 18, 2023, 10:47:19 am by Chris Black come back »
Maxwell is ours.
Assume you mean Lakin

No, I meant Maxwell. At end of this season he only has a year left. If we are building a defence longer-term let’s start having younger defenders on longer deals.

Lakin is a midfielder, not a defender.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 18, 2023, 10:57:42 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, I thought the sane with the Swindon game. I didn't expect much from it but we came through with flying colours.

I'm no more confident about this game either and really, every game is a test from now on.

It's not a must win so I hope the lads approach it with some freedom, without pressure and let Sutton worry about us.

Any point is a welcome bonus and will set us up nicely for next week.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 18, 2023, 11:46:55 am by andyst79 »
Maxwell is ours.
Assume you mean Lakin

No, I meant Maxwell. At end of this season he only has a year left. If we are building a defence longer-term let’s start having younger defenders on longer deals.

Maxwell's still a bit raw but I love his attitude and commitment for a young lad, absolutely fearless in a tackle and bombs down the wing. Him and Hurst are starting to develop a good understanding. Must be daunting for a lad at his age moving away from home also.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 18, 2023, 12:12:16 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Maxwell is ours.
Assume you mean Lakin

Maxwell's still a bit raw but I love his attitude and commitment for a young lad, absolutely fearless in a tackle and bombs down the wing. Him and Hurst are starting to develop a good understanding. Must be daunting for a lad at his age moving away from home also.

He's starting to remind me a bit of James Husband. As we know Husband was very competitive, sometimes slightly rash, but developed into a very strong defender and direct with his attacking raids too contributing a few goals.

We'll need Maxwell, and Brown of course, to be on top of their game today. How far they are able to advance will probably have a big say in the game.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 18, 2023, 01:44:11 pm by selby »
  As has been pointed out there is a lot on this game for the club in general.  It is not very often we have the chance to make it four wins on the trot and four clean sheets.
  Confidence in the team and management I feel will take a massive stride forward if we can make headway over the next few fixtures and get some decent results that can get us in the mix for the playoffs, and we really need to get people behind the club again and with hope of progressing, and a sign that we have bottomed out and from here can start the job of raising the profile of tghe club and the team itself.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 18, 2023, 03:49:43 pm by since-1969 »
We need to be more effective in the last third , no shots or real attempts in-spite of having long periods of good possession .

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 18, 2023, 03:59:52 pm by Chris Black come back »
Clean sheet though!

The Dav

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 18, 2023, 04:01:33 pm by The Dav »
Bossed it for the 1st 20 mins, however as said nowt up front…..let’s hope DS can get em firing in the 2nd half.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 18, 2023, 04:35:35 pm by since-1969 »
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 04:59:07 pm by since-1969 »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 18, 2023, 05:07:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just one of those games that didn't go our way. Nothing to get angry about. Sounds like we did enough to get something from the game but weren't ruthless enough in front of goal plus appear to be unlucky with a couple of penalty shouts.

Typical that our best chance isn't taken and they go down the other end and score.

Last week a win, this week a loss. Fine lines. We move on.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 18, 2023, 05:10:02 pm by coventryrover »
Just one of those games that didn't go our way. Nothing to get angry about. Sounds like we did enough to get something from the game but weren't ruthless enough in front of goal plus appear to be unlucky with a couple of penalty shouts.

Typical that our best chance isn't taken and they go down the other end and score.

Last week a win, this week a loss. Fine lines. We move on.
agreed.   Missed chances but that is all

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on February 18, 2023, 05:10:18 pm by Prez »
Im gonna get slated for this but as i said a a few week ago, Miller needs dropping. IMO hes struggling at the mo.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 18, 2023, 05:10:40 pm by dickos1 »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 18, 2023, 05:16:17 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Im gonna get slated for this but as i said a a few week ago, Miller needs dropping. IMO hes struggling at the mo.

That's a decision for DS who'll know whether he's suffering or he can play through it.

He'll come good sooner or later. Others need to contribute too.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 18, 2023, 05:16:28 pm by bpoolrover »
First 30 mins or so we’re good after that they just pressed us when we continued to pass out from the back, we gave the ball away cheaply time and time again, I think Miller needs a game or 2 out now he should have attacked the simple tap in but instead waited for the ball to come to him, he is clearly lacking confidence at the minute

Redroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 18, 2023, 05:16:34 pm by Redroy »
Solid first half there, although they tested Mitchell more. Second half really poor, bossed us really. Lavery's miss was bad but we didn't do much else so can't put it all on that.

Difference was putting the ball away and we never looked like doing it

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 18, 2023, 05:21:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
Sutton are one of those clubs like Fleetwood and Morecambe that are like shit you can’t scrape from bottom of your shoe. It’s both a disgrace they did and entirely predictable they have beaten us.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 18, 2023, 05:24:02 pm by normal rules »
The lack of an out and out goal scorer is becoming increasingly evident and costing us.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012