Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:39:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Billy in Premier League  (Read 4065 times)

Snodthegod

• Forum Member
Billy in Premier League
« on April 28, 2012, 02:18:08 pm by Snodthegod »
So Billy will be playing Premier League next season. Got me wondering who the last player was to leave us before playing at the top level? Has there been one since Deane / Brevett / Rankin days?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
Re: Billy in Premier League
« Reply #1 on April 28, 2012, 02:47:08 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Not that I can think of.

So pleased for Billy after the year hes had  :scarf:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 28, 2012, 02:51:33 pm by donnyroversfc »
Well done Billy!!!  :clapping: :scarf:

A proper footballer that puts every effort in, every game! Who'd have thought it, with all the 'stars' signing for a shop window and the only one who'll be in the premier league next season is our very own Billy Sharp!

He deserves a good crack at the premier league!  :thumbsup:

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 28, 2012, 03:08:53 pm by Superspy »
Really chuffed for Billy, and I'm glad he's banging the goals in again. I hope he gets a proper crack at the PL next term.

Rover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 28, 2012, 03:17:54 pm by Rover19 »
Was just wondering if their was a clause in his contract, so we get an aditional bonus now he's in the premiership with Southampton.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 28, 2012, 04:45:11 pm by RobTheRover »
I would have certainly expected that to have been written in.

Did the Diamond do the paperwork......?   :ermm:

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 28, 2012, 04:47:54 pm by PaulRover08 »
Pleased for Billy but he is nowhere near good enough for Premier League. He'll be lucky to get 5 next season. Too slow and won't get the number of chances and the amount of space he's enjoyed up to now.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 28, 2012, 04:56:46 pm by Capmeister »
Pleased the lad has a crack at top flight. He's just an ex Donny player to me now though. Same as most will just do a bit of ostentatious badge kissing dependant on who's paying his wages. Ahhhh, loyalty eh!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 28, 2012, 06:35:40 pm by RoversAlias »
Too slow? He was one of our fastest players no doubt. I think if Grant Holt and DJ Campbell can get it done then so can Billy. Good luck to him for surr.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 28, 2012, 08:29:22 pm by Jonathan »
Not entirely sure but did Chris Swailes and Darren Moore leave us to eventually go and play in the top flight?

Either way, I'm really pleased for Billy. Great player and a top guy, he deserves this to finish off a difficult year for him.

I think he'll get goals - his record is just unbelievable and I think he'll be dangerous at any level in the right team.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 28, 2012, 09:05:39 pm by streatham dave »
He's still young and can improve and I predict here and now he will one day get at least a couple of England caps.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 28, 2012, 09:11:00 pm by mushRTID »
Had this conversation a few weeks back. Nothing to stop Billy playing for England now.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 29, 2012, 01:34:09 pm by ravenrover »
Lets be clear about this Billy is a squad member of a TEAM that will be playing in the Premiership. Much as I loved him at DRFC I don't give a monkeys how he gets on next season and as for actually playing in the Prem he will, at the best make a good bench warmer.
Like SO'D he's gone, move on. JMHO

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 29, 2012, 02:11:30 pm by PaulRover08 »
Too slow? He was one of our fastest players no doubt. I think if Grant Holt and DJ Campbell can get it done then so can Billy. Good luck to him for surr.

One of our fastest players? Are you taking the piss?

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 29, 2012, 02:17:39 pm by Pintolager »
Not entirely sure but did Chris Swailes and Darren Moore leave us to eventually go and play in the top flight?

Either way, I'm really pleased for Billy. Great player and a top guy, he deserves this to finish off a difficult year for him.

I think he'll get goals - his record is just unbelievable and I think he'll be dangerous at any level in the right team.

I know DM played for Bradford in the Prem. You're probably right about Swailes too.

pubteam

« Reply #15 on April 29, 2012, 02:22:49 pm by pubteam »
Darren Moore played for West Brom and Derby in the PL too.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 29, 2012, 02:33:34 pm by Pintolager »
Talking of ex Rovers players and Bradford in the Premier, Jamie Lawrence played for Bradford too. I went to watch Spurs v Bradford and Jamie Lawrence scored that day

MartinB

« Reply #17 on April 29, 2012, 02:39:16 pm by MartinB »
Would David Wheater count in that list?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 29, 2012, 02:44:26 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Was just wondering if their was a clause in his contract, so we get an aditional bonus now he's in the premiership with Southampton.
Was clearly mentioned, I think by Peter Catt, yesterday in the match commentary that there would be a small amount coming our way. Am not sure if that was dependent on promotion or him actually playing in the PL.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 29, 2012, 04:58:10 pm by RoversAlias »

One of our fastest players? Are you taking the piss?

Name the faster players, go on. It won't take long.

Is he Usain Bolt? No, of course not. But he was not slow, he was a good sprinter despite his build and we have had a stupendously slow team for years now.

Besides Bennett and Dumbuya, Coppinger might be faster and that's about all I can think of.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 29, 2012, 05:40:11 pm by PaulRover08 »
My bad, I forgot my stopwatch at matches but I suspect Friend, Beye, Martis and O'Connor to name but 4 would outpace Sharp.

Billy's groin injuries have took their toll. He was quick and nippy, making runs into channels and all over the place when at Scunthorpe and whilst on loan for us. Then the injuries hit to a key area when making darting runs and he blatantly lost pace. Surprised you can't see that and have him down as a good sprinter.

The same has happened to Torres, though a mixture of groin and hamstring. He is nowhere near as quick as he was when he first joined Liverpool.

Billy admits he's lost pace and chooses his runs much more carefully now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012