Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:52:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So, Just how cheap is our season ticket?  (Read 4018 times)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
So, Just how cheap is our season ticket?
« on June 24, 2012, 02:54:21 am by Mr1Croft »
I found this and thought I would share it, make of it what you will, but below is a list of the cheapest season tickets available in League One.

BTW click to make bigger...

[attachment deleted by cleanup process]

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pubteam

Re: So, Just how cheap is our season ticket?
« Reply #1 on June 24, 2012, 08:48:36 am by pubteam »
Well mine was £159, so very cheap would be the answer.

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 24, 2012, 09:11:53 am by SIRFRAN »
Our wage bills still not under control, at the time we put season tickets on sale we didn't run the stadium, now that we do, hopefully if the club gets a good return from food and drink sales etc and turns a good profit that they can reduce season tickets next year! As hard as it is for most in the current climate you can kinda understand the clubs position and this seasons prices!! Hopefully next year, when wage bills under control and match day profits are good they can reward the fans with a better price!

bessacarrover

« Reply #3 on June 24, 2012, 09:22:25 am by bessacarrover »
My season ticket is that cheap that it was more than what I paid last year  :mad:

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 24, 2012, 09:49:19 am by wilts rover »
Who's going to be the first person to post, if you pay peanuts you get monkeys? It'll be me then.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 24, 2012, 12:06:07 pm by Red wizard »
Of the 5 teams below us all but one will have the higher playing budgets in the league. So our season ticket price reflects what our playing budget will be. I would of thought only MK,Preston,and Cov who are cheaper will have almost the same budgets as us and the other teams at the top end.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 24, 2012, 02:52:05 pm by DearneValleyRover »
MK's wage bill last season was £1.5m so it shows how high ours is.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 25, 2012, 12:14:48 am by Red wizard »
1.5 mill. Im sure it will of been alot higher than that. They are known as big payers is l1.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 25, 2012, 09:40:34 am by DearneValleyRover »
1.5 mill. Im sure it will of been alot higher than that. They are known as big payers is l1.

Apparently not, they don't have a massive squad and I think it shows how we had to pay over the odds to get/keep players.

Halffullred

« Reply #9 on June 27, 2012, 09:20:43 am by Halffullred »
Good read but due to our early bird ending on 5th of April we became the dearest season ticket, others may be dearer now. Myself I think our season ticket prices went up to early and did not allow fans to digest last season and sort finances for this season and a May/ June dead line would be more appropriate.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 27, 2012, 09:54:21 pm by wilts rover »

apparently Yeovil's was £3 1/2m

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 29, 2012, 12:09:45 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
More sad news to report. My mates 16 yr old son, despite his father not renewing his ST this year was determined to pay his own way having secured a weekend job.

He's been nagging me all summer and I saved him a seat when I renewed mine and kept it to the end of the month.

He went down today with his £80 in hand and came away empty handed having found that because he turns 17 before 1 Sept, it was going to cost him £219.

The 17-20 year old bracket do not qualify for the club scout scheme so the club have not been able to show any flexibility.

With the VSC we campaigned for and achieved the 17 to 20 yr old price bracket and, we recommended the £199 rate for this season. For someone renewing we recommended a 10% discount across all price bands, which leaves £180 to pay.

You would have thought though as he's still 16 when the season starts, they could have taken his £80 ??

Thoughts?

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 29, 2012, 03:28:36 pm by Superspy »
Personally my thoughts are that it should go on the age of the purchaser either a) when the season starts, or b)when the season ticket is bought. That being said, if the club have their policies in place you can't really hold it against them for sticking to them.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 29, 2012, 06:01:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good news to report. The club have seen my post an have been in touch to see if we can sort something out, so that's positive !!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 29, 2012, 06:29:08 pm by hoolahoop »
Good news to report. The club have seen my post an have been in touch to see if we can sort something out, so that's positive !!
Brilliant I'm liking this rapid customer service response we have now. Proves it's not words but action ...........well done DRFC. :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012