Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:34:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: John Ryan asks fans not to invade the pitch this sat  (Read 4022 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
John Ryan asks fans not to invade the pitch this sat
« on April 18, 2013, 11:42:24 am by bobjimwilly »
http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-thanks-to-fans-779418.aspx

"On Saturday, as this is the last home game of the season, along with the players I should like to show our appreciation of your loyal support by parading around the pitch perimeter after the final whistle. We can only do this if everyone co-operates and does not attempt to come on to the pitch. Once we have allowed the officials and Notts. County players to leave the pitch, our boys will parade around all three stands to applaud you for all that you have done. Please do not be the individual who prevents this from happening by attempting to come on the pitch and spoiling the occasion for everyone. Let’s show the media and the football world in general that Donny Rovers have, and always will have, the best fans in the land."

:aok:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: John Ryan asks fans not to invade the pitch this sat
« Reply #1 on April 18, 2013, 11:50:41 am by MrFrost »
If we win promotion, I suspect this will fall on deaf ears. It happens at every other club. Personally, I see no problem with a pitch invasion, then everyone returns to the stands for the parade.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 18, 2013, 11:52:57 am by philsky »
http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-thanks-to-fans-779418.aspx

"On Saturday, as this is the last home game of the season, along with the players I should like to show our appreciation of your loyal support by parading around the pitch perimeter after the final whistle. We can only do this if everyone co-operates and does not attempt to come on to the pitch. Once we have allowed the officials and Notts. County players to leave the pitch, our boys will parade around all three stands to applaud you for all that you have done. Please do not be the individual who prevents this from happening by attempting to come on the pitch and spoiling the occasion for everyone. Let’s show the media and the football world in general that Donny Rovers have, and always will have, the best fans in the land."

:aok:

I'll be invading my lawn at home for sure if things pan out ok.

Sorry Mr Chariman

RTID

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 18, 2013, 11:54:03 am by colincramb »
I will probably be passing out on mine, especially as the bar is open after!

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 18, 2013, 12:00:54 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Is it me that feels we are PROMOTING a pitch invasion with everyone telling us not to do it?  :lol:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
If we win promotion, I suspect this will fall on deaf ears. It happens at every other club. Personally, I see no problem with a pitch invasion, then everyone returns to the stands for the parade.

Given there's a football match kicking off an hour after our game it would be a little unfair to see people on the pitch.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 18, 2013, 12:05:48 pm by bobjimwilly »
Obviously I wouldn't condone a pitch invasion either, but we have to remember this maybe the first time every the majority of our fans will have seen us promoted to the 2nd tier automatically!

:scarf:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 18, 2013, 12:12:58 pm by Mr1Croft »
It will also be the first time promotion is secured at the KMS. The Luton game where we went second was amazing in terms of atmosphere and had we been promoted on that day I think there would have been a pitch invasion.

Im unsure if our fans will be on the pitch to be honest.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 18, 2013, 01:04:53 pm by RoversAlias »
I really hope there isn't one.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 18, 2013, 01:40:35 pm by BobG »
Oh sod it. I hope there is.

BobG

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 18, 2013, 01:42:53 pm by MrFrost »
Oh sod it. I hope there is.

BobG

I hope there is. It is the best way to celebrate. I respect Ryan's comments, however, is football really coming to the point when we are expected to stay in our seats and quietly applaud being promoted.

We can still have a lap of honour, i'm sure everyone would return to their seats.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 18, 2013, 01:43:51 pm by IDM »
There's a big difference between coming on the pitch to cause trouble or disruption, and to celebrate the end of season.  I remember every year at BV there was a mass dash from the pop side to the main stand, at the end of the final home game.

Of course, it is probably illegal to come onto the pitch in whatever circumstances, but I don't remember 100s or 1000s of arrests after the Southend game..?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 18, 2013, 02:14:50 pm by BobG »
There weren't any at the Hull City and Colchester games in 97 or whenever it was either.

BobG

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 18, 2013, 02:16:40 pm by 1879Rovers »
I can understand why he doesn't want a pitch invasion. I would hate to see the pitch damaged! ;-)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 18, 2013, 02:37:01 pm by MachoMadness »
Let's win the game first and then see. Can't help but feel we're setting ourselves up for a bit of a fall here.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 18, 2013, 02:37:11 pm by IDM »
There weren't any at the Hull City and Colchester games in 97 or whenever it was either.

BobG

I was more thinking of the 80's Bob....

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 18, 2013, 02:57:55 pm by BobG »
Lol! Yes. Now they would have been proper pitch invasions wouldn't they? Though right now I can't remember any like that at BV tbh. Remember being scared shitless when Grimsby won the old 4th Div. Their fans were large in quantity, size and scariness. Blades fans were a nightmare too. They used to take over BV. But there weren't any real pitch invasions even so. Not like that one at Luton Town.....

BobG

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 18, 2013, 03:28:53 pm by Jimmydee »
I followed the thousands onto the pitch at Stoke, a steward said to me that I was old enough to know better, I explained that I was trying to find my son who had ran into the invading crowd and the steward said ok then and I continued onto the pitch. The steward didn't know that my son was actually 20 year old and he could have found his own way back to the coach park.
Once that I was on the pitch, I felt a right prat and was embarrassed.
I was the same at the Keepmoat after the Southend game. Older, wiser and still a prat. Hey-ho

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 18, 2013, 08:52:15 pm by 1879Rovers »
I can remember running on the pitch at the end of most games at Belle Vue through the early 80's just to pat the players on the back. You used to see everyone getting ready to run on the pitch with a few minutes left.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 18, 2013, 09:03:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
When folk are full of joy and want to express themselves why suppress it I say.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 18, 2013, 09:37:42 pm by 1879Rovers »
I always remember a young lad being dragged out of Belle Vue after we won promotion against Bournemouth in 1981. He had run on the pitch with thousands of others but one copper decided he needed to kick one out. The lads mum was pleading with the copper to let him go.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 19, 2013, 06:30:12 am by jonnydog »
If there's a chance of getting on the pitch can I bring my bucket and spade?? :D

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 19, 2013, 08:59:10 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Well, if you're not going to respect JR's wishes, how about keeping off so that Ben Parkinson can go on if he's there?

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 19, 2013, 04:09:01 pm by Milepostuk »
We won't even know for sure that we are promoted by the final whistle. You would have to come back after Brentford's result.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 19, 2013, 04:20:32 pm by RobTheRover »
What if Bournemouth don't win?  We are up then. Might not have the title in the bag,  but definitely promoted.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 19, 2013, 04:22:16 pm by IDM »
We won't even know for sure that we are promoted by the final whistle. You would have to come back after Brentford's result.

If we win, and Bournemouth don't, we're up...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012