Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:20:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stability  (Read 4014 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Stability
« Reply #30 on April 27, 2015, 08:32:36 pm by wilts rover »
Colin I think your comparison is a fairly good one, although I am afraid I dont know the answer. Of course the same is also true of say, Grimsby Town and Bristol Rovers, both of whom in my lifetime have been consistently higher than Rovers, with larger crowds. But don't now.

I am sure if there were one magic ingredient that guaranteed sucess, 72 clubs would all want it. In my opinion it is a number of factors that need to come together, one of them being the fans to all get behind the club and I am afraid that is certainly lacking at Rovers and has been for several seasons.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Stability
« Reply #31 on April 27, 2015, 08:59:44 pm by The Red Baron »
Tranmeres problems stemmed from historical debt and the financial input of their former owner Peter Johnson. He threatened not to keep financing the ongoing losses at the club and was seeking a buyer. The club had debts of about £7m.

The trust at Tranmere were trying to raise funds to buy the club from him but failed to reach the level required. However Mark Palios, ex FA Chair, stepped in and tried to run the club with agreement from their bankers on a much reduced budget. Its obviously failed.

Part of their slide could be down to sacking Ronnie Moore when he was found guilty of breaking league rules and betting on matches.

Thanks SM. I think Ronnie Moore ended up being fined only for his breach of the rules, so sacking him was possibly an over-reaction.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012