Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:22:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Demba Ba  (Read 4013 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Demba Ba
« on July 18, 2016, 06:55:00 pm by IDM »
Christ on a bike that's a bad one!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

del boy

• Forum Member
Re: Demba Ba
« Reply #1 on July 18, 2016, 07:30:50 pm by del boy »
That's a career ending break looking at that footage

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 18, 2016, 07:31:32 pm by The Red Baron »
I have seen the x-ray image and a photo of him immediately after the injury. Looks similar to the Eduardo one. Possibly an exposed fracture where the bone breaks through the skin.

As well as the healing time required there is a high risk of infection. I hope he makes a full recovery, although players suffering that kind of injury are seldom the same again.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 18, 2016, 07:43:18 pm by The Red Baron »
This is the worst one I can remember:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3175860/David-Busst-recalls-horror-freak-collision-against-Manchester-United-1996-ended-career.html

I've seen David Busst a few times around Solihull and he walks with a limp. I went to the testimonial at Highfield Road which turned out to be Cantona's last game for Man United.

As Busst says, it was the infection he contracted that did the worst of the damage.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 18, 2016, 07:49:49 pm by Chris Black come back »
Compound fractures. As grisly as bone coming through skin looks, it is the dirty break that does the damage. Bits of crap floating all through your leg. Grim.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 18, 2016, 07:58:42 pm by The Red Baron »
Compound fractures. As grisly as bone coming through skin looks, it is the dirty break that does the damage. Bits of crap floating all through your leg. Grim.

Sounds like you're familiar with such things! Hopefully not personally.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00582

In my case the infection was already present in the bone which eventually led to a fracture. Fortunately (although I didn't think so at the time) when I was in bed!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 18, 2016, 08:09:21 pm by Filo »
Henriick Larson recovered from two similar breaks, as did the French lad that was at Liverpool a few years back, I can't remember his name

I remember it now, Cisse, broke his leg against Blackburn, and then again playing for France
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:13:40 pm by Filo »

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 18, 2016, 08:18:57 pm by rtid88 »
Sounds awful but when you go to a country that doesn't have a history of football just to go there for the money when the opposition your playing against are not great and are probably incredibly jealous of the amount of money you on are this is the possibility of what could happen! Wish him a successful recovery though obviously.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 18, 2016, 08:44:28 pm by rtid88 »
Sounds awful but when you go to a country that doesn't have a history of football just to go there for the money when the opposition your playing against are not great and are probably incredibly jealous of the amount of money you on are this is the possibility of what could happen! Wish him a successful recovery though obviously.

Couldn't you apply the same logic to an experienced professional going to play ij the non-league?

It's just one of those unfortunate incidents and all you can do is hope the player makes a full recovery, however long it takes.
Not really no because Demba Ba still had 3-4 years left to play for a top flight and to play competitive club but decided to go to China simply for the money. Not sure how your example is similar at all Rigo?? And as I said I do wish him a successful recovery.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 18, 2016, 09:09:30 pm by boro_rover »
Wow just seen a clip, it is absolutely hideous.
Sorry rtid I don't really understand what point you are trying to make there regarding what league he plays in and that bearing a heightened risk in him getting done like that. Filo's reference to Djibril Cisse puts paid to that.
 It is just a coming together of legs ultimately and he has come off second best. I bet the lad who was involved in that feels absolutely terrible. It reminds me of a kid who was my next door neighbour, we played Sunday league together. He went in for a 50/50 with a keeper and the keeper got a double break and ankle dislocation. He was crying his eyes out apologising and stopped playing after that.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 18, 2016, 09:45:11 pm by rtid88 »
I never said it was intentional I just said that by playing in a much lower standard of league this kind of injury is potentially more likely as the players are more likely to be more reckless going into a challenge and potentially not have the same level of discipline as they would in say the Premier League. I'm sure that the player didn't have any intent but only he will know that. They are all 'Ifs' and 'Buts'  but still possibilities none the less.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 18, 2016, 10:03:51 pm by boro_rover »
I'm sure he didn't have any intent either - he wasn't looking. It is one of those things a coming together that is as likely to happen in the champions league as it is in any other professional league. I really don't see how something like that can be translated as more likely in one game than the next. It wasn't reckless it was unfortunate.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 19, 2016, 12:26:57 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I don't see the point of somebody, who still is in his best years going there, just for the money. I understand it's big money that they are paid, and maybe it's a life experience as well, but if it was me i would be looking towards, those standard leagues later on in my career.
Demba Ba, chelsea for me, made a big mistake letting him go, they should have played him more. A top player for me, who was good enough to feature a lot more.
 I hope somehow they can repair it for him. It seemed at chelsea that he was a good pro, didn't cause problems when not in the side, a really useful player to have in any squad.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 19, 2016, 08:16:24 pm by RoversAlias »
It is unfair to suggest this has anything to do with the standard of league or opposition players' feelings towards him. If you have seen the video, which I would not recommend by the way to anybody who hasn't as frankly it is horrendous and made me feel sick for a good few hours after watching it, it has nothing to do with a malicious tackle. He landed awkwardly on his feet, something seemingly so innocuous, and the damage was done.

Plus, we have seen equally horrendous injuries in the Premier League, the so-called best league in the world, several times. David Busst, Luc Nilis and Eduardo all immediately spring to mind, the first two of which I believe were career-ending.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 19, 2016, 11:49:36 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
It's not my suggestion that it was the league alias, injuries like that are just freak accidents, they can happen in any league, i hope he can come back from it.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 20, 2016, 05:46:57 pm by RoversAlias »
It's not my suggestion that it was the league alias, injuries like that are just freak accidents, they can happen in any league, i hope he can come back from it.

I never said it was, sorry for not being clear. It was rtid88 who made this point. 100% agree with your sentiments Sammy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012