Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:03:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well deserved point  (Read 4012 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Well deserved point
« on March 10, 2018, 05:13:12 pm by graingrover »
Best team ,good passing , lack of onfield captaincy in terms of seeing where the space for openings lay and sorry Rowe but from that point of view considering your experience 2/10. Mc Cullough 8 midfield Houghton 4 midfield .. Whiteman MISSED midfield ! Copps streets ahead again in terms of class but YOU are captain Copps and re above ? ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Well deserved point
« Reply #1 on March 10, 2018, 05:16:38 pm by Chris Black come back »
Decent home record, only lost four times at home in league all season. Can't sniff at a draw.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 10, 2018, 05:20:35 pm by Brian Young »
Beach football today !

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 10, 2018, 05:46:09 pm by RoversAlias »
A point closer to safety so a more than satisfactory result. Clean sheet away from home is nothing to be balked at either.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 10, 2018, 05:49:30 pm by Copps is Magic »
Best team ,good passing , lack of onfield captaincy in terms of seeing where the space for openings lay and sorry Rowe but from that point of view considering your experience 2/10. Mc Cullough 8 midfield Houghton 4 midfield .. Whiteman MISSED midfield ! Copps streets ahead again in terms of class but YOU are captain Copps and re above ? ?

Is that the captain's role, really? Copps was all over the place today on a muddy pitch. Our players just give him the ball in any situation and hope for the best (in the absence of Rowe and Houghton). At what point do you want him to stop and start giving tactical instructions?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 10, 2018, 05:53:10 pm by drfchound »
I actually think that by being on the pitch, Copps gives a mental boost to our team.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 10, 2018, 07:02:23 pm by dickos1 »
Not sure it needs to be a captain to see a player in space on one side of the pitch?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 10, 2018, 08:49:36 pm by the vicar »
Good passing great defence kept them at bay all game better with Baudry back in it, the only thing wrong was no service for Alex and John

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 10, 2018, 09:22:29 pm by Lesonthewest »
Maybe being over critical but I thought Alex could have done better with the follow up from Marquis, good save granted but if he hits it to the keepers right he scores. Maybe with a few more games under his belt he would have done.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 10, 2018, 09:24:21 pm by Pancho Regan »

Wasn’t there today, so was that a good performance by Copps or a poor one?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 10, 2018, 10:06:33 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I agree with the comments above that the captains role isn't to be making tactical instructions, although I don't think we have a leader at the moment, the only leader at the club is Butler.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 10, 2018, 10:09:25 pm by graingrover »
Copps is a quality player isn't he ... not a leader on the field not an organiser at all and in so many of these matches that on the field authority is so obviously missing . It's almost as if the players are following a pre match script and waiting to go back at half time for teacher's report .
 No he did not play well as  a captain !

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 10, 2018, 10:47:18 pm by the vicar »
Maybe being over critical but I thought Alex could have done better with the follow up from Marquis, good save granted but if he hits it to the keepers right he scores. Maybe with a few more games under his belt he would have done.
when a ball comes at you that quick It int easy and the pitch was crap all over but at least we played all the good stuff not them

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 10, 2018, 10:51:47 pm by Pancho Regan »
Copps is a quality player isn't he ... not a leader on the field not an organiser at all and in so many of these matches that on the field authority is so obviously missing . It's almost as if the players are following a pre match script and waiting to go back at half time for teacher's report .

But did he play well?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 10, 2018, 11:08:15 pm by Campsall rover »

But did he play well?
Yes he did. Copps and McCullough best two. Everyone played well and put in a very hard working performance except Tommy Rowe who was almost completely anonymous.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 10, 2018, 11:19:54 pm by Lincoln Rover »
I agree with Campsall.
Tommy had a very quiet game today by his usual standard.
Copps was excellent as a player and the most gifted person on the pitch.
I picked out Luke as my MOTM. 2/3 loose passes in the second half but overall he was excellent.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 10, 2018, 11:36:57 pm by SydneyRover »
Chaos reigns in league 1 with few teams able to keep on a stable footing, good point for DR away from home, not a time to panic, get some injured players back into the team and consolidate. Looking around us we have as good a chance as any to stay in this league.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 10, 2018, 11:45:16 pm by Campsall rover »
If we got relegated it would now have to be a collapse of catastrophic proportions. 6 points from 10 games is the max we will require possibly 3 points less than that.
If we can’t win 1 and draw 3 out of those then we will deserve to go down.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 11, 2018, 03:38:07 am by scawsby steve »
when a ball comes at you that quick It int easy and the pitch was crap all over but at least we played all the good stuff not them

I wasn't there, Dave, so I can only go on the Channel 5 highlights, and Alex's miss looked a bad one; however, I thought Marko's second save looked absolutely world class.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 11, 2018, 10:29:32 am by Dare to dream! »
We played well today but arguably Southend had more clear cut opportunities, great save from Marosi in the second half. Draw was a fair result.

McCullough, Copps and Baudry were really good for us I thought. All up for the fight and got down and dirty. McCullougn gives us more stability and sees passes no other players do, always looking forward too.

Have to say I was disappointed with Rowe today as I seem to be more and more, he was completely anonymous for he whole game, but maybe that was the state of the pitch!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 11, 2018, 10:36:41 am by Copps is Magic »
Long sesh that one Dare to Dream, if you're still in Saturday.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 11, 2018, 11:46:43 am by the vicar »

I wasn't there, Dave, so I can only go on the Channel 5 highlights, and Alex's miss looked a bad one; however, I thought Marko's second save looked absolutely world class.
it was a good block yes he should of scored but was a very good stop

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 11, 2018, 07:39:44 pm by Pancho Regan »
 Should have scored

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 11, 2018, 07:40:50 pm by Pancho Regan »

But did he play well?

Thanks Campsall, good to hear that Copps had a good game, yet again.

Yes he did. Copps and McCullough best two. Everyone played well and put in a very hard working performance except Tommy Rowe who was almost completely anonymous.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 11, 2018, 08:17:53 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Copps... not a leader on the field not an organiser at all and in so many of these matches that on the field authority is so obviously missing . It's almost as if the players are following a pre match script and waiting to go back at half time for teacher's report...

Interesting point GR, and seems to have been similar in that sense of a lack of organisational captaincy for a good few seasons - since we lost Jones? From what I gather, Copps is a calming influence, helping to keep the ship steady. There's different styles of leadership and I don't see anything wrong with how Copps is as captain.

Whilst potentially a great captain, I don't think Butler would offer that in game tactical direction. From what I saw, neither did Jones. I think it's the manager and assistant managers job to convey clear in game tactical direction, and organisation too if the on field captain isn't covering that base. I haven't sat near enough to DF to know to what extent he is doing that.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:21:10 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 11, 2018, 09:10:53 pm by Lesonthewest »

Yes that's why I touched on that maybe with a bit more sharpness he would have been more instinctive.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 11, 2018, 09:41:28 pm by the vicar »
Our players can't win lol cos it was us we should of scored but if it was us defending it would of been a bloody good stop

TinyPortal © 2005-2012