Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:20:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marosi the saviour you keep saying  (Read 4012 times)

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
Marosi the saviour you keep saying
« on November 03, 2018, 03:48:17 pm by djoftherovers1 »
 :lol: :lol:
Total shite, 2 shots 2 goals
Another set piece glued to his line.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Marosi the saviour you keep saying
« Reply #1 on November 03, 2018, 03:55:30 pm by dickos1 »
What’s funny

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 03, 2018, 03:57:47 pm by donnievic »
:lol: :lol:
Total shite, 2 shots 2 goals
Another set piece glued to his line.
have you seen the goals ????

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 03, 2018, 04:43:31 pm by the vicar »
First goal Marquis was at falt

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 03, 2018, 04:45:31 pm by drfchound »

He does appear to have a habit of being the cause of us conceding goals when he goes back to defend corners.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 03, 2018, 05:06:01 pm by glosterred »

Hopefully he will be left up at corners in future

COYR

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 03, 2018, 05:14:27 pm by steve@dcfd »
When you only have 4 tallish players and Marquis is one of them I suppose thats why he is being used.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 03, 2018, 05:16:31 pm by Lesonthewest »

Hopefully he will be left up at corners in future

COYR

Agreed, I honestly thought we would have already done this, basic stuff really.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 03, 2018, 05:20:32 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Looking at the stats on shots again not much between the teams so why are we conceding more?  Marosi isn't perfect in this but equally not the fault. Why not give Lawlow a run?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 03, 2018, 05:22:44 pm by Michael Shaw »
We are supposed to be an attacking team according to GM, and he doesn't mind conceding. So where are the goals at the other end?
Should we be blaming the defence or our failure to score as an attacking team?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 03, 2018, 05:48:59 pm by Alan Southstand »
Lawlor has the same problem, though, and is injured. It appears to be the coaching - or lack of it!

The honeymoon period is now well over and we seem to be worse, defensively, now than we have been for a very long time. We are just not organised and that lies with the management team, I'm afraid.

And our strength in depth, or lack of it, is being brutally laid bare. A hell of a lot of work to do or we're on the slippery slope.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 03, 2018, 06:16:52 pm by phil old leake »
I agree with Yorkshire pudding.  It’s maybe time to give lawlor a go I’ve been saying it for weeks with little support where was lawlor today

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 03, 2018, 06:19:35 pm by since-1969 »
It’s Marosi or Lawlers job to score goals .... if we can’t take our chances all we’ll end up with is 46 0-0s

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 03, 2018, 07:27:35 pm by RoversAlias »
We conceded from a corner again, and it was Marquis at fault again was it? That makes 4-5 goals we've shipped directly because he can't defend at a corner in the past month now. Ridiculous.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 03, 2018, 08:08:40 pm by Rovers91 »
He was shite today.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 03, 2018, 08:10:52 pm by keith79 »
Our shots I could have saved. I also have a bad back

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 03, 2018, 08:20:08 pm by DonnyOsmond »
When you only have 4 tallish players and Marquis is one of them I suppose thats why he is being used.

Tall =/= good in the air

jm291

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 03, 2018, 08:35:13 pm by jm291 »
Not helped by a very average centre back in Tom Anderson and an out of form Danny Andrew for the two goals today though.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 03, 2018, 09:39:58 pm by bpoolrover »
Can't see the point in blaming marosi he has had a great season,yes made a few mistakes but if he didn't he would be playing in a much higher league, he is not the tallest keeper so needs his centre halves or marquis to help him out more
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 09:43:04 pm by bpoolrover »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 03, 2018, 10:21:11 pm by dickos1 »
Having just seen the goals I’m not sure how you can blame the goalkeeper for either of the goals

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 03, 2018, 11:26:23 pm by selby »
  We all see different things, me even their goalkeeper hit every ball into our right back position, especially in the first 30 minutes all their attacks were at that area.
  Just like last season we have fallen for the Blair in front of Mason formation, Blair does not tackle well, his distribution is very poor as is his positional sense.  He is a good wide/Winger in a front three end of. A midfielder or right back, never while he has a hole in his backside.
  Anderson and Mason were always faced with two or three men, and the ball being played behind them, with Blair missing trying to run all over the pitch. Add Whiteman's and Mason's poor distribution and Taylor anonymous and the other defenders and front men were always going to struggle with no cover or service.
  Kane was outstanding, and with Coppinger were the only bright sparks in midfield at all, if Coppingers substitution was for tactical reasons, I can't understand it.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 04, 2018, 07:53:39 am by Alan Southstand »
It's all well and good picking out individuals, Selby, but ask yourself this - who have we got to improve those positions? Wilks ok, but since his early season purple patch, what have we seen from him since? Rowe certainly improves on Blair, albeit with a need for a slight shuffle. If Whiteman is also off his game, like yesterday, then what?
Taylor is not and never will be a front 3 player and, for that matter, neither is Copps; they are both 'tip of a diamond' players.
Apparently, Anderson (T) isn't up to it either, but the only other cb we possess is injured! And there is one position you have failed to pick up on - the keeper.

If the manager is going to stick with this 4-3-3 system, then we need some serious investment in January.

I think there's more to it than that, though. Think back to what was said about DF and the accusation that he wasn't getting enough out of these players. Well, for a time, it looked like there may have been some truth in that, but here we are in the same awful run of results that our previous manager dished up and that's with the addition of Wilks and Kane added to what we had. It's a complete turn around from our early season form and I believe this manager is struggling for answers.
We need to get back to basics and try something different until the players get their confidence back. If we don't, I can see an upset coming next week in the cup!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 04, 2018, 10:33:55 am by selby »
  Alan, I am only commenting on a game of football as I see it, others are welcome to disagree. Their attacks in the first half hour especially were all aimed at our right flank, because over the last two years, whenever we have the pairing of Mason and Blair in front of him they are a weakness, when they have possession they are sloppy, their clearances are not long to the halfway line, And Blair especially gets out of position.
  The players who always get it in the neck from the supporters in most cases is the covering central defender, who yesterday was Anderson, who are pulled out of the centre, have two players coming at him,and is trying to stop an attacker moving at pace with options inside him, he is on a loser before he tries to mop up.
   It is not me who picks on individuals, it is the professional football teams we play who fancy their chances every time we play them two together in that area.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 04, 2018, 11:42:49 am by Alan Southstand »
Selby, I fully appreciate what you're saying and why. What I am attempting to do is suggest that we simply don't have the requisite back-up to help rectify some of these problems! And, we seem to have yet another manager who is finding it exceedingly difficult to come up with some answers.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 04, 2018, 12:24:46 pm by grayx »
Having just seen the goals I’m not sure how you can blame the goalkeeper for either of the goals
Really??
I thought the second in particular was a shocker

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 04, 2018, 12:44:00 pm by RedJ »
The second was a shocker. But to say he's shite is a bit of a stretch.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 04, 2018, 01:07:46 pm by selby »
Alan, on that subject I agree, you know what I think about the cover, my opinion is we have better players loaned out, and players in Crawford and Anderson on the bench who are better than some of the players who were on the field yesterday.
   As for Blair, I think he is a very good player, as a winger and although in hindsight he should have been used wide right instead of Wilks, who has other issues and is not on his game. Further up field you can accept Blair losing the ball, and he can be dangerous with his pace against defenders, and Crawford would have complemented Kane and Anderson and given them someone to work off. When Coppinger went off our skill level in midfield dropped alarmingly and left Kane to do too much.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 04, 2018, 02:04:48 pm by dickos1 »
Really??
I thought the second in particular was a shocker

The guy has a free header from 6 yards out, and nobody stops the cross.
This is basic basic defending.
Looking at the highlights they had a number of opportunities that came from us not stopping balls into the box.
We are set up to attack but we simply cannot defend,

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 04, 2018, 02:30:16 pm by Chris Black come back »
But we have played by far the three best sides in Portsmouth, Sunderland and Peterborough, conceding only two goals in the process. The fault comes from us not pressing hard enough elsewhere on pitch. The defensive unit is competent enough but dross from the midfield like we saw yesterday leaves them overly exposed.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 04, 2018, 02:35:50 pm by Campsall rover »
Imo the 4-3-3 system is flawed and we have now been worked out buy opposition managers.
I wasn’t there yesterday but it was only the 2nd game I have missed so I can’t comment on yesterday.
In most of previous games our full backs are exposed because of a narrow 3 in midfield and Blair is more central right than he is right as he would be in a 4 in midfield. Same happening to Andrew on the left.
The system is ok with the ball on the offensive but it is not ok when we don’t have the ball.
I have been saying this all season ever since the Southend game.
Now our goals for column has dried up we have a major problem as
I have been saying week after week we will not keep any clean sheets as we are.
We have been worked out and now GM has to change it.
Just my opinion but from what I can see with my own eyes I am being proved correct.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012