Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:25:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers Video Archive - Help needed  (Read 4028 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Rovers Video Archive - Help needed
« Reply #30 on August 19, 2020, 01:55:04 pm by Chris Black come back »
I have a VHS of Rovers v Hartlepool from November    1994 if you're interested ?

Collector’s item. A goal by James Meara.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 19, 2020, 02:09:55 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Trying to get anything from the 70s and 80s will be a challenged, probably a case of relying on people having old VHS cassettes and recordings of Goals on Sunday etc

I have just come across the following which we will try and get on soon:

80/81 Doncaster 2-0 Bradford City
90/91 Rochdale 0-3 Donny (Chrichton 3 pen saves)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for this. My dad always mentions the 3 Crichton saves so i'm looking forward to watching that!

AlonzoDrake

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 19, 2020, 08:20:10 pm by AlonzoDrake »
A wonderful resource HamiltonRover -- thanks so much. I particularly enjoyed watching the mini-documentary with Brenner before the victory over Bradford City in 80/81 which I never knew existed. I've been an ardent fan for almost 60 years, and do recall that we were rarely on TV in the 60s. I was at the Bradford PA game, so distinctly remember that, but also three games come to mind where 1960s TV film or video tape footage did at one time exist. The first was on Granada TV in 1963 when Alick Jeffrey was briefly interviewed in the Dell at Hexthorpe Flatts for the "Scene at 6:30" programme, at the time of his comeback, in the days before Yorkshire TV existed. In 1965, there were brief clips shown on Granada TV of the FA Cup replay defeat at Wigan Athletic. Also I was at two away games where the local TV cameras were there and showed highlights the following day. Tyne Tees TV recorded Rovers 3-2 defeat at Darlington in January, 1967, and Southern TV recorded Rovers 2-0 defeat at Southend in November, 1968. I know much early video tape has been wiped, but there maybe a chance an intrepid researcher might be able to track down from those early days before the 1970s when regional news programmes started to regularly show goal clips of its local teams. Also I vaguely recall some Rovers footage featured in Freddy Truemans old sports TV programme in the late 1960s, which aired a few years before his Indoor League shows.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 19, 2020, 08:29:29 pm by besty »
Here’s that Forest game.

Not the greatest quality but will fill a gap

Here’s that Forest game.

This is only footage ive ever found as well,love to get good quality as in my opinion best game for years

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 19, 2020, 09:01:11 pm by hamiltonrover »
A wonderful resource HamiltonRover -- thanks so much. I particularly enjoyed watching the mini-documentary with Brenner before the victory over Bradford City in 80/81 which I never knew existed. I've been an ardent fan for almost 60 years, and do recall that we were rarely on TV in the 60s. I was at the Bradford PA game, so distinctly remember that, but also three games come to mind where 1960s TV film or video tape footage did at one time exist. The first was on Granada TV in 1963 when Alick Jeffrey was briefly interviewed in the Dell at Hexthorpe Flatts for the "Scene at 6:30" programme, at the time of his comeback, in the days before Yorkshire TV existed. In 1965, there were brief clips shown on Granada TV of the FA Cup replay defeat at Wigan Athletic. Also I was at two away games where the local TV cameras were there and showed highlights the following day. Tyne Tees TV recorded Rovers 3-2 defeat at Darlington in January, 1967, and Southern TV recorded Rovers 2-0 defeat at Southend in November, 1968. I know much early video tape has been wiped, but there maybe a chance an intrepid researcher might be able to track down from those early days before the 1970s when regional news programmes started to regularly show goal clips of its local teams. Also I vaguely recall some Rovers footage featured in Freddy Truemans old sports TV programme in the late 1960s, which aired a few years before his Indoor League shows.
Amazing memory Alonzo, I can’t remember what games we have had on tv over the past few seasons, never mind 50 years ago. Hopefully somebody out there may have the footage.

The hard work and credit must go to website host, I have just helped out over the past few months with some footage I had.

Thanks for the feedback, I am glad people are enjoying the site and have a chance to reminisce

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 19, 2020, 09:03:32 pm by hamiltonrover »
Trying to get anything from the 70s and 80s will be a challenged, probably a case of relying on people having old VHS cassettes and recordings of Goals on Sunday etc

I have just come across the following which we will try and get on soon:

80/81 Doncaster 2-0 Bradford City
90/91 Rochdale 0-3 Donny (Chrichton 3 pen saves)

Thank you for this. My dad always mentions the 3 Crichton saves so i'm looking forward to watching that!
I have sent the content over, it comes in 3 parts so needs clipping and putting together, hopefully soon.

The only slight issue is there is a big pole right in line with penalty area and camera which doesn’t help when watching the penalties, but you can still see what’s happening!

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 19, 2020, 10:39:36 pm by Plumbster »
Here’s that Forest game.

That last goal against Forest is so beautiful I could weep

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 19, 2020, 11:34:49 pm by idler »
When FJ Wilson was chairman the home games were filmed from the box on the pop side stand. They were to help with tactics, training etc.
I wonder where they ended up?

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 23, 2020, 09:34:44 pm by hamiltonrover »
Hi All,

A few updates:
Rochdale v Donny 90 is now available

Forest 2-4 Donny from Boxing Day 2008 full game over 2 parts is now available, links below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxy7tHc0AyM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1eQ3Suzryw

Plus an extended clip against Bradford in 68 and a host of other additions

If anyone has any footage from the list below, give us a shout
https://awayonsaturday.blogspot.com/2020/08/help-missing-drfc-footage.html

Cheers

TinyPortal © 2005-2012