Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:26:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

And then bring back Dave Penney or similar as caretaker

Yes
106 (71.1%)
No
43 (28.9%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author Topic: Sack Schofield Now - Yes or No ?  (Read 4212 times)

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
Sack Schofield Now - Yes or No ?
« on March 27, 2023, 11:38:05 am by Butchers Red »
Harsh but necessary - unlikely DP would accept anyway but there are others of his ilk around and available at this level

Anyone who understands the basics will do.

The only process I want to see is a bias towards playing young local lads

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Sack Schofield Now - Yes or No ?
« Reply #1 on March 27, 2023, 11:50:13 am by Canadian Rover »
If no suitable managers available or able to switch I'd place in Fank Sinclair until the end of the season.

1-0 to the Doncaster

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 27, 2023, 11:58:38 am by 1-0 to the Doncaster »
I was hoping there would be an announcement this morning...
Point of no return has been reached.
He has to go along with all his coaches Gribble, Bennett and Green.
Saturday will be very toxic once again if he's not gone.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 27, 2023, 12:02:06 pm by Filo »
I was hoping there would be an announcement this morning...
Point of no return has been reached.
He has to go along with all his coaches Gribble, Bennett and Green.
Saturday will be very toxic once again if he's not gone.

A bit harsh to sack Greeny on day of his Dads funeral

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 27, 2023, 12:07:50 pm by pib »
Penney is yesterday's man and not the answer.

I'm not sure getting rid of DS solves the deep-rooted issues we have, but he isn't making much of a case for himself at the moment admittedly.

DonnyBiz

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 27, 2023, 12:11:08 pm by DonnyBiz »
Yes for me. It feels like we need a great reset. Clear out DS and a large majority of the players. Get a new manager briefed and ready for the new season and back him as much as possible through the summer.

That's my opinion anyway. The rot and toxicity is destroying everything.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 27, 2023, 12:16:39 pm by Canadian Rover »
Yes for me. It feels like we need a great reset. Clear out DS and a large majority of the players. Get a new manager briefed and ready for the new season and back him as much as possible through the summer.

I think these current players can do a lot better with a better more experienced manager. I find Danny ignorant.

Ignorant of the fans
Ignorant of the style (or lack of)
Ignorant of facts

I have NO idea on why he was head hunted for this position.

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 27, 2023, 12:22:18 pm by Butchers Red »
Penney is yesterday's man and not the answer.

I'm not sure getting rid of DS solves the deep-rooted issues we have, but he isn't making much of a case for himself at the moment admittedly.

You're right and don't misunderstand me re DP, he's a legend and gave us some great moments, and not for one moment am I suggesting he would be able to recreate all that. I mention him as an example of someone who loves the club and has an understanding for what is required right now. He would give the stability we need until such time as the club can pull their finger out and go get us the likes of Paul Cook.

I'm also sure he would put the mojo back into some of our players like Kyle Hurst and poor Jon Mitchell who look like they are having their lifeblood drained at the moment

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 27, 2023, 12:36:07 pm by ncRover »
Everything stinks of amateurism.

Even the half time drills for the subs. Northampton were doing quick 1 touch passing drills whilst our players were running through a half-hearted hungover Sunday league warm-up.

The moment I saw that Rovers staff member pointing and sniggering at the Northampton manager’s passion I wanted them all gone.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 27, 2023, 12:41:33 pm by TheFunk »
I was more concerned at the injured Rovers players on the bench pissing themselves laughing at the second goal.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 27, 2023, 12:43:44 pm by oggycompton »
1000% yes.

We all know the team is poor and that it needs to be improved drastically.

But do you trust the man who stuck with Roshaun Williams and shipped Faulkner out? Do you trust the man who keeps playing a clearly shot Championship midefileder in a back 5? Do you trust a man who shows no ability to adapt or make changes he just subs players into his rigid 541?

I don't, the clubs going backward, people staying away and the football is utterly dreadful. he needs to go and take his process with him

DonnyBiz

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 27, 2023, 12:47:48 pm by DonnyBiz »

I think these current players can do a lot better with a better more experienced manager. I find Danny ignorant.

Ignorant of the fans
Ignorant of facts

You may be correct CR regarding the current players, although I feel if they were that good, then they may be doing better regardless of DS' imposed 'style' of play. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not convinced though. I agree on DS' ignorance though and add stubbornness and possibly arrogance on top. I most certainly agree on the headhunting. Why would you headhunt an inexperienced and already failed coach. I have no idea.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 27, 2023, 12:51:51 pm by Campsall rover »

Ignorant of the fans
Ignorant of facts

Copps spent quite some time at Huddersfield doing his homework on DS. Obviously he saw something to suggest he was the right man.
As we all can see and I really hope Copps can see it also it was a mistake.

Hold hands up Copps and be the big man and just say it. We will all respect you for that.
To bury your head in the sand and just expect it to turn out alright in the end is very poor management.

Be pro active. Learn from this and get someone in to Manage the team who will bring in his own coach who will coach the team.
We have a novice as head coach in DS who is quite clearly delusional and out of his depth, and an assistant coach who is even more of a novice and clearly is just a yes man to DS.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 12:54:11 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 27, 2023, 01:00:18 pm by Campsall rover »
DS wasn’t head hunted.
He had already been sacked by Huddersfield ( for one win in the first 9 games of the season ) when he got our job.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 27, 2023, 01:09:14 pm by Campsall rover »
Not Dave Penney.

1) He won’t come back. Why risk tarnishing his reputation he has with Rovers fans.

2) We should not be hankering for a manager who left us nearly 17 years ago and got us promoted 19 years ago.
DP is the past not the future.

3) Don’t think he would want to be EFL manager now, think he will be happy being DoF at York City where he is doing a very decent job helping rebuild that Club.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 01:11:25 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 27, 2023, 01:18:40 pm by Campsall rover »
Confusion here because there are 2 CR’s

Canadian Rover & myself Campsall rover.

When referring to us by our forum names can we be called CR/C for Canada & CR/Y for Yorkshire.
Well we are the Republic of Yorkshire aren’t we!!!

Talking of Yorkshire I have never looked forward to the Cricket season more than I do right now.

This current state of affairs at DRFC is stressing me out. Big time.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 27, 2023, 01:19:19 pm by Filo »
35 games as a head coach/manager, 10 wins 4 draws and 21 defeats, the stats tell all we need to know, someone needs to get a grip of this club!

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 27, 2023, 01:21:53 pm by pib »
Not Dave Penney.

1) He won’t come back. Why risk tarnishing his reputation he has with Rovers fans.

2) We should not be hankering for a manager who left us nearly 17 years ago and got us promoted 19 years ago.
DP is the past not the future.

3) Don’t think he would want to be EFL manager now, think he will be happy being DoF at York City where he is doing a very decent job helping rebuild that Club.

Think he left York a number of months ago now. Even still, I think point two stands up strongly enough on its own.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 27, 2023, 01:21:57 pm by aidanstu »
What’s the point; you would be polishing a turd. The club is in decline and you could recruit Pep but he couldn’t do anything with the constraints the club would place in him. The club is being damaged by the financing issues.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 27, 2023, 01:28:53 pm by dickos1 »
What’s the point; you would be polishing a turd. The club is in decline and you could recruit Pep but he couldn’t do anything with the constraints the club would place in him. The club is being damaged by the financing issues.

That’s rubbish though,
The money spent on this squad each week is more than good enough to be at the top end of league 2

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 27, 2023, 01:33:02 pm by aidanstu »
How do you know?; what I know is there are discussions each month about how to pay the wages and the board are at loggerheads.

Ask SM to confirm that though I doubt he will given how entrenched with the ownership he is.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 27, 2023, 01:43:16 pm by Campsall rover »

That’s rubbish though,
The money spent on this squad each week is more than good enough to be at the top end of league 2
We are not sure what the budget is though dickos.
We were told in August it was enough for a play off place at least.  Blunt said the plan was to bounce back decisively.
Was it SM not sure who said it is top 10 in this league. Very little between many of the clubs I group behind the top 7. Not 100% on exactly what was said.

What we do need is transparency and David Blunt or GB needs to be up front and give us the facts.
Not what we want to hear but the facts.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 27, 2023, 01:54:09 pm by dickos1 »
How do you know?; what I know is there are discussions each month about how to pay the wages and the board are at loggerheads.

Ask SM to confirm that though I doubt he will given how entrenched with the ownership he is.

You know by looking at some of the players we have.
Anderson, Rowe, close, Taylor, molyneux, yes they might be underperforming but they’re 100% amongst the top earners in this league.
Our wage bill will be much bigger than the likes of barrow, Sutton, Newport, Walsall, who are in and around us.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 27, 2023, 01:55:47 pm by Filo »

There are 3 board members, who is at loggerheads with who?

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 27, 2023, 02:03:15 pm by aidanstu »

Anderson, Rowe, close, Taylor, molyneux, yes they might be underperforming but they’re 100% amongst the top earners in this league.
Our wage bill will be much bigger than the likes of barrow, Sutton, Newport, Walsall, who are in and around us.

You’re being gaslit by the ownership. How long having they been spouting this rubbish about promotion budgets? Didn’t a former manager come out and call that out as BS rhetoric a few years back? They are still at it.

Bramhall is at loggerheads with Blunt re the financing; like I say every month they are scrambling around for wages; this sustainability rhetoric is rubbish. Check next years books.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 27, 2023, 03:15:45 pm by Bessie Red »
The problem, as I see it, is that no one at the club wants to bring in an experienced knowledgeable outsider that will ruffle a few feathers and start giving out the bollocking required. Copps and/or Blunt & Baldwin don't want any one near the club with the nous to expose their incompetence! So they will back DS as he is a yes man and if they are forced to replace him it will be with another yes man. It's all very pally, pally at the moment and the powers that be won't want to upset that culture even though it is so obvious that seismic changes are needed to get back on track and move up the leagues.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 27, 2023, 03:24:23 pm by Alan Southstand »
There are some posters on here that just will not have it. Campsall is correct in that SM told us we had a top 10 budget (despite the fact that I was under the impression we had a top 6 budget). Along with that, SM also explained we’re in a bunch of Clubs with ‘not much between them’ budget wise. From that, it’s anyone’s guess that we could be top 10 or top 20, who knows.

If, as people generally point out, your position in the league generally reflect what your budget is, we’re currently 12th, but if our current form persists, we’ll be much lower than that, come season’s end.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 27, 2023, 03:52:02 pm by Campsall rover »

If it wasn’t bigger than Barrow & Sutton & Stevenage who are all above us then we are in deep sh.t.

Looks as though we are in a group similar to Tranmere, Wimbledon, Walsall behind the top 7 teams with the highest budgets.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 27, 2023, 04:26:23 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We'd need to have the highest budget to have any chance of play offs with our recruitment team.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 27, 2023, 04:36:18 pm by Campsall rover »
We'd need to have the highest budget to have any chance of play offs with our recruitment team.
We need Manager first and foremost
Whatever the budget is we should not be put through this turgid rubbish week after week.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 04:59:13 pm by Campsall rover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012