Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:07:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

And then bring back Dave Penney or similar as caretaker

Yes
106 (71.1%)
No
43 (28.9%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author Topic: Sack Schofield Now - Yes or No ?  (Read 4241 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Sack Schofield Now - Yes or No ?
« Reply #60 on March 28, 2023, 10:34:35 am by silent majority »
The trouble is, SM, we simply are not succeeding- far from it in fact. So, something is badly wrong and, to date, nobody seems capable of putting it right.

Well that's obvious. My concern is the amount of bullshit posts that have no bearing on reality.

Something is badly wrong, but its not a conspiracy, or a situation that cannot be addressed.

Question SM if I may ask: do the board acknowledge that there are problems? and if so, what do they acknowledge to be the problems?

Yes of course they have.

But it’s not appropriate for me to comment on the detail yet as the work is as yet not complete and we will have to wait for its implementation.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on March 28, 2023, 10:38:08 am by silent majority »
How do you know?; what I know is there are discussions each month about how to pay the wages and the board are at loggerheads.

Ask SM to confirm that though I doubt he will given how entrenched with the ownership he is.

That's just a complete nonsense, both of your points.

The board are not at loggerheads over salaries (its not even down to them, its the Finance Director and Gavin) and I'm certainly not entrenched by or with anybody.

After 23 years of battling for supporters rights I doubt I'd give up my reputation for stupid innuendos like you trot out.

Is it right that they are circa 50k short every month re salaries and have to find the funds? I have this from a very reliable source.

Point me to one post where you as a representaive of the supporters has criticised any of the current incumbent of directors for how the club is being run; you don’t do so despite the majority of the supporters doing so; supporters representative my backside.

Your

Name your source then.

And here’s the problem, if you think good fan representation is about spouting off on a football forum then it’s a good job that the task is being left to the adults.

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on March 28, 2023, 11:03:40 am by LincolnDonny »
I have seen some rough comments occasionally since i have been a member of this site, even by me , but we must be in dire straights when all this in fighting is happening to many supporters like is happening especially now.

If it happening with supporters I just wonder how all the players and staff are feeling?

All this must be being seen or heard by many.

Are some blind?.
I doubt it

Are some hiding?
Hell yes

It MUST be affecting a large percentage in their work (players and staff).
It must also be affecting their home life as I am sure it does with all,supporters included.

Why is there not an Extraordinary meeting of the owners /board members /managegment happening?
Or is it?

Please let us the supporters know.

As Bill Shankly once said, "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that".

I'm not sure about that, but i understand the sentiments.

Everyone is hurting.

Owners please then make a statement where we are going.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 28, 2023, 12:05:18 pm by aidanstu »
How do you know?; what I know is there are discussions each month about how to pay the wages and the board are at loggerheads.

Ask SM to confirm that though I doubt he will given how entrenched with the ownership he is.

The board are not at loggerheads over salaries (its not even down to them, its the Finance Director and Gavin) and I'm certainly not entrenched by or with anybody.

After 23 years of battling for supporters rights I doubt I'd give up my reputation for stupid innuendos like you trot out.

Is it right that they are circa 50k short every month re salaries and have to find the funds? I have this from a very reliable source.

Point me to one post where you as a representaive of the supporters has criticised any of the current incumbent of directors for how the club is being run; you don’t do so despite the majority of the supporters doing so; supporters representative my backside.

Your

Name your source then.

And here’s the problem, if you think good fan representation is about spouting off on a football forum then it’s a good job that the task is being left to the adults.

You’re not denying it then?

Being a fans representative is about having the courage of your convictions, being transparent and not cosying up to your mates; maybe you should try it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on March 28, 2023, 12:15:11 pm by silent majority »

Your

Name your source then.

Being a fans representative is about having the courage of your convictions, being transparent and not cosying up to your mates; maybe you should try it.

You have no idea what being a fans representative is.

I have 23 years of it at the highest level. I'd put myself up against you anytime, no problem.

And, this morning there's been a two hour meeting (still ongoing) with the Select Committee of the DCMS questioning the FSA and EPL, EFL , FA, on the white paper from the FLR report. I'd guess that I'm the only one who's watched all of it.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on March 28, 2023, 12:22:21 pm by aidanstu »

Your

Name your source then.

You have no idea what being a fans representative is.

I have 23 years of it at the highest level. I'd put myself up against you anytime, no problem.

And, this morning there's been a two hour meeting (still ongoing) with the Select Committee of the DCMS questioning the FSA and EPL, EFL , FA, on the white paper from the FLR report. I'd guess that I'm the only one who's watched all of it.

Ask yourself this; you bang in about how long you’ve been in this sort of role but I am many other supporters don’t have a clue what’s happening at the club, it’s all cloak and dagger and the club is going backwards without our representative appearing not to speak out about the state of the affairs at all. What do you think it looks like and what value are you adding to the general fan base.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on March 28, 2023, 12:53:12 pm by normal rules »
Last year, these were some of the key proposals for a shadow board. They are based on suggestions by the wider Fan Led Review. It’s worth a read. As are the regular minutes posted on drfc.co.uk. Of interest is the apparent  contradiction, in being transparent in one breath, and then the need for confidentiality in another.
And to be clear, I doff my cap to those who give their time freely for the club, but I can’t help but think they only get told what the board want them to know, and then are further hampered by what the club lets them share to the wider support base.

7.23 The aim of the Shadow Board would be to improve transparency between the club and its supporters. It is also aimed to offer supporters an opportunity to be consulted on some of the major decisions being taken within the club and for the club to take advantage of consulting with some of its most important and committed stakeholders. Given the uniquely important status of fans and the potential benefit to clubs of better consultation, the default expectation should be that the supporters are consulted, via the Shadow Board, on all material ‘non football/off pitch’ business and financial matters.

7.24 In order to ensure productive, open, discussions the Shadow Board members will need to enter into a confidentiality agreement with the club to ensure certain commercially sensitive discussions remain private. This should allow for information on most matters to be shared with the wider fan base, whilst also allowing a space for the Shadow Board to help the club by consulting confidentially on certain key matters.
7.25 It is recommended that the Shadow Board be engaged and consulted on (without limitation):
a) The club’s strategic vision and objectives
b) Short, medium and long-term business plans;
c) Operational matchday issues of concern to supporters;
d) Any proposals relating to club heritage items;
e) Marketing, merchandising and sponsorship plans and performance. This
would not involve consultation or approval on specific contracts or proposals but, for example, the club Commercial Director should meet the Shadow Board at least once per season to explain the club’s commercial strategy and how the club is performing in relation to such strategy. Similarly, the club Marketing Director would be expected to present once per season on the club’s marketing strategy and performance;
f) Stadium issues and plans; and
g) The club’s plan for broader supporter engagement.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 12:59:22 pm by normal rules »

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 29, 2023, 01:22:54 pm by ForsolongaRover »
The last Shadow Board Minutes are for the January meeting. A lot has happened since then.

7.24 of their Constitution provides for “information on most matters to be shared” and at 7.5 “short term business plans” is specified.

When will just some useful information relevant to the current crisis be revealed and may we have details of the “short term business plan” please?

Silent Majority is keen to make us well aware of his credentials and record and such long service and experience is admirable, but it is hurtful for him to summarily dismiss or pretend not to understand polite, perfectly cogently expressed questions.

I look forward to a response.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on March 29, 2023, 02:39:36 pm by ravenrover »
SM is nothing to do with Shadow Board, as I understand

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 29, 2023, 06:02:05 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Can a member of the Shadow Board provide answers to the questions then?

I would also like to know what position Silent Majority occupies in the scheme of things. As he writes as though he knows a good deal about the inner workings, does he have any terms of reference for the disclosure of information?

I may be wrong, but it strikes me that the provision of information and the effective involvement in the conduct of the club’s management of the fans does not seem to be happening below the level of their representatives. Surely they should be passing on what they learn, otherwise “involvement” is just a one-way process.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on March 29, 2023, 06:07:00 pm by silent majority »

No I'm not, not any more at least.

The SB was my idea, it was detailed in the FLR and has since been ratified in the White Paper. However I resigned when I had the temerity to object to the club and SB not doing what it was elected to do, and when I complained I had an email from the club that fell far below any standard I would expect.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on March 29, 2023, 06:08:53 pm by silent majority »
Can a member of the Shadow Board provide answers to the questions then?

I would also like to know what position Silent Majority occupies in the scheme of things. As he writes as though he knows a good deal about the inner workings, does he have any terms of reference for the disclosure of information?

I may be wrong, but it strikes me that the provision of information and the effective involvement in the conduct of the club’s management of the fans does not seem to be happening below the level of their representatives. Surely they should be passing on what they learn, otherwise “involvement” is just a one-way process.

You know what position I hold!! And as a board member of the VSC I have every right to ask questions of the club.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on March 29, 2023, 09:08:11 pm by ForsolongaRover »
I don't think I would ever dare to question anyone's rights on here. Although I deduced you had a privileged position I would not have asked what it was if I knew.

It is frustrating to observe the efforts of members of this forum trying to get some clue as to what is going on in club senior management. The Shadow Board reveal nothing and you obviously feel bound by confidentiality. if you can be privy to important moves within the club to address the current problems why cannot the Shadow Board when it seems written into their Terms of Reference? 

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on March 29, 2023, 09:35:49 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

No I'm not, not any more at least.

The SB was my idea, it was detailed in the FLR and has since been ratified in the White Paper. However I resigned when I had the temerity to object to the club and SB not doing what it was elected to do, and when I complained I had an email from the club that fell far below any standard I would expect.

Common theme in the club at the moment.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on March 30, 2023, 01:07:17 pm by ravenrover »

This looks like an answer to me

TinyPortal © 2005-2012